There are limited housing spaces available for accommodations and priority will be given to individuals who are eligible to receive accommodations under Section 504 or the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). Under the ADA, individuals must document the impact of their disability on major life activities. For example, individuals experiencing vision, physical and hearing impairment, neurological impairments, chronic life threatening systemic disabilities such as cancer or Epstein Barr and/or traumatic brain injuries are eligible for academic and physical accommodations. All disabilities and medical history pertaining to the disability must be documented by a licensed and board certified medical provider with competence and expertise in the area of diagnosis. Submit a Housing Accommodation Request along with the supporting documentation described in the next paragraph.

In order to determine if special housing is a reasonable accommodation, we must receive detailed documentation of the need for special housing. A completed Medical Documentation for Housing form must be submitted to support your request. Please note that special requests must be submitted and approved annually.

For dietary-related requests, additional consultation with Dining Services and the college's Dietician may be required. For non-dietary-related requests, further consultation with Disability Services and/or Health Services may be required.

All requests for accommodation in housing assignment will be reviewed by the Director of Residential Life and the Vice President of Student Life.

NOTE: All accommodation requests are due by 5:00 p.m. on March 10, 2014. If you have questions about the process, please contact the Residential Life office immediately at x7529.