On Campus Research Opportunities
- FYRE Program with Gustavus Faculty
- Faculty-Student Summer Research and Mathematics
- Sigma Xi Undergraduate Research Funding Opportunities
- Mayo Innovation Scholars Program
- Student Faculty Research in Chemistry and Biochemistry at Gustavus
- Celebration of Creative Inquiry
First-year science students: if you are interested in a Gustavus research experience this summer, this is the program for you! The First Year Research Experience (FYRE) Program, the successor to the Howard Hughes Medical Institute Summer Science Research Program, allows us to offer several first-year students the opportunity to conduct scientific research with members of the Gustavus Faculty (in addition to other research opportunities open to students of all years).
2. Faculty-Student Summer Research and Mathematics
Learn more: https://gustavus.edu/research/
Why Research? Myths and Reality about Faculty-Student Research
3. Sigma Xi Undergraduate Research Funding Opportunities
https://gustavus.edu/sigmaxi/ (Click on Research Funding)
The Gustavus Sigma Xi chapter administers the Holcomb and Swanson funds. These funds enable the chapter to sponsor an undergraduate research grant program. Students submit a brief research proposal which is reviewed by a faculty panel. Awards are made twice a year and typically range from $300 to $500 for equipment or supplies.
4. Mayo Innovation Scholars Program
https://gustavus.edu/careercenter/intern/index.php (Click on Mayo Innovation Scholars Program for Application)
The Mayo Innovation Scholars Program is an innovative experiential learning opportunity for students at participating private colleges and universities in Minnesota that:
- Provides research opportunities for undergraduate science and business students;
- Provides leadership development opportunities for MBA students; and
- Assists Mayo Clinic Ventures in the assessment of ideas for new products submitted by Mayo Clinic researchers.
The Program's internships give students first-hand research and marketability analysis experience with leading Mayo inventors and researchers. The Program is a collaborative venture of Mayo Clinic Ventures, The Minnesota Private College Consortium, and The Medtronic Foundation. For additional information please see: www.mnprivatecolleges.org/members/mayo-innovation-scholars
5. Student Faculty Research in Chemistry and Biochemistry at Gustavus
Learn more: https://gustavus.edu/chemistry/research/
Information is also posted in Nobel Hall - on the bulletin board across from Nobel 207.
Updated 7/29/2015 HB