Career Interest Cluster
Kat Dahl ’14. (Photo credit: University of Minnesota Medical School, Duluth Campus and photographer David Ballard) Read more...
Current pre-health applicants (MD, DO, PA, Dental, Pharmacy, PT, OT and Veterinary) complete form to request letters.
The Health Professions Cluster contains career areas that focus on patient care. Support and advice is available to students considering a range of health professions, some include:
- Medicine (MD-Allopathic)
- Medicine (DO-Osteopathic)
- Occupational Therapy
- Physician Assistant
- Physical Therapy
- Veterinary Medicine
Additional areas of interest:
- Athletic Training (major @ Gustavus)
- Dental Therapy
- Health Education (major @ Gustavus)
- Health Fitness (major @ Gustavus)
- Nursing (major @ Gustavus)
- Physical Education (major @ Gustavus)
- Public Health
- Speech-Language Pathology
- Surgical First Assistant Program @ Mayo Clinic
- Explore all the different opportunities in the Health Professions @ Explore Health Careers
- Some questions to ask yourself, Is a Health Care Career is Right for You?
Career Development Specialist- Health Professions, Heather Banks, email@example.com, 507-933-7575
FIRST Year Pre-Health Students (starting Fall 2016)
Schedule an Appointment with Graduate Intern- Health Professions Cluster, Lindsay Anderson to review your four year plan and timeline to application. To schedule an appointment, call 507-933-7575.
Health Professions Advising Faculty Team
Faculty Pre-Health Advisors are trained and designated in the below departments. If you are NOT in one of the majors listed below, request an appointment to meet with Heather Banks, Career Development Office, by calling 507-933-7575.
U of M and Gustavus teamed up to offer FREE Online Short Courses
Gustavus Pre-Health Workshops
Successful Applicant Series: Centralized Application, Personal Statement, Interview Like a Ninja
Resumes and Cover Letters...coming soon
Internship and Job Search...coming soon
Signature Events....coming soon
Updated 4/18/2016 HB