Services we provide
General Medical Service
- physical exams
- prescription refills
- mental health
- wellness & prevention
- eye, ear, nose, throat infections
- respiratory infections
- skin infections
- bladder infections
- pap smears
- birth control: counseling & methods (all methods including oral contraceptive pills, depo provera, Nexplanon insertions, etc.)
- pregnancy testing & counseling
- Plan B (emergency contraception), sexually transmitted infections
- condoms available for free
- wart treatment
- skin tag / mole removal
- ingrown toenail repair
- laceration repair
- suture removal
- Td/Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis)
- Hepatitis A and Hepatitis B
- Gardasil (HPV)
- Influenza (during flu season)
- Mantoux (tuberculosis) skin test
Blood tests ordered by an outside provider can be performed.
- rapid influenza test
- strep throat
For all other lab tests, blood can be drawn or specimens collected by Health Service staff and sent to Quest for processing.
Services are not limited to items listed above. If you have questions regarding services available please contact a member of the Health Service Team.
Diagnosis and care of depression, anxiety, eating disorders, and other psychological concerns. We collaborate with the Counseling Center in areas such as family relationships, stress management, depression, eating disorders, and substance abuse.
Counseling in healthy eating, weight management, food allergies, eating disorders, and medical conditions affecting nutrition.
Our mid-level providers are licensed to write prescriptions, which may be filled at a pharmacy in the area. A limited variety of commonly prescribed medications are available at Health Service.
Must be in maintenance phase of injections and provide signed consent from allergist.
Services not provided:
- medical imaging (X-Ray, CT, MRI)
- allergy testing
- certain immunizations for study abroad—please consult Health Service to learn what is recommended and what is available on-campus (immunizations not available on campus are available through the Mankato Clinic Travel Program).