The Gustavus Health Service will have limited hours during the week of Spring Break (March 30 - April 3). There will not be a provider available. The Health Service will re-open with regular office hours on Monday, April 6.
The Gustavus Health Service continues to closely monitor the Ebola outbreak. The College has implemented the following actions:
- Members of the Gustavus community have been advised about the outbreak, possible travel complications in general and particularly if coming from or going to impacted countries, and symptoms of the Ebola virus.
- Travelers from any region are asked to seek immediate health care should they become ill after arriving in this country.
- Students are not allowed to travel to the following countries: Liberia, Sierra Leone, Guinea, and Mali, based on the CDC’s current level 3 travel advisory. Revisions to this restriction will be made if the CDC makes changes in its recommendations.
- Gustavus Health Service staff are keeping up to date with recommendations provided by the CDC and Minnesota Department of Health. If a patient presents with a suspected Ebola, the patient will be kept in the Health Service and the Minnesota Department of Health will be contacted immediately to determine the best course of action.
Gustavus students approved to study abroad who have questions or concerns should contact the following:
- Health questions or concerns: Health Service, 507-933-7640 or email@example.com;
- Off campus study policy: Center for International and Cultural Education, 507-933-7545, Carolyn O’Grady, Director, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information about Ebola can be found at:
If you have any additional questions, please contact the Director of Health Service, Heather Dale, PA-C at email@example.com.
The Health Service is staffed by three certified mid-level practitioners, two nurses, and a administrative assistant. A registered dietitian is also available for consultations and appointments. Collaboration with physicians at the St. Peter Clinic, the Daniels Clinic, and the River's Edge Hospital & Clinic is an integral part of our practice.
Gustavus Health Service is committed to maintaining a community which recognizes and values the inherent worth and dignity of every person; promotes acceptance, sensitivity, understanding, and mutual respect among its members; and encourages each individual to strive to reach their own potential. We believe the diversity among the many members of Gustavus Adolphus College strengthens the institution, stimulates creativity, promotes the exchange of ideas and enriches campus life.
Appointments to be seen at the Health Service can be made by calling 507-933-7630. To schedule enough time for your appointment, you will be asked the reason for your visit. If you are uncomfortable providing a reason for your visit, you may always ask to speak directly with a nurse about your health concern. All appointment information is treated with strict confidentiality.
Urgent and Emergency Services
For on campus emergency, call Campus Safety at 507-933-8888 or dial 911. During evenings and weekends, Urgent Care at the River's Edge Hospital (located in St. Peter) is available for injuries or illnesses that must be seen immediately. The hours for Urgent Care are 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. weekends and holidays. Walk in appointments are welcome 8:30 am to 4:30 pm at River's Edge Clinic. The Emergency Room at the River's Edge Hospital is available 24 hours a day and should be reserved for true emergencies.
River Hills Mall in Mankato also has an Express Clinic open Monday through Saturday 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. for walk-in appointments.
|Heather Dale||Director of Health Service||507-933-7630|
|Jessica Braun ’96||Nurse Practitioner||507-933-7630|
|Nissa Fell ’00||Nurse Practitioner||507-933-7630|
|Patricia Dawson||Sart Team Leader and Clinical Support||507-933-7630|
|Kelli Miller||Clinical Team Lead||507-933-7630|
|Georgianna Elliott||Registered Dietitian||507-933-7630|
|Rebecca Welp||Administrative Assistant||507-933-7630|