We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Gustavus Adolphus College Community.
Because of the serenity and size of Gustavus Adolphus College, some tend to get the impression that the college community is immune to crime. Unfortunately, crime does not stop at the borders of our campus. People find this out all too well when they become victims of crime.
The responsibility of crime prevention does not rest solely with the campus security department. We need everybody's assistance in making Gustavus Adolphus College a safe and secure place where the community can go about its endeavors in a safe manner. YOU are the most important piece of the crime prevention plan. The success of it depends mainly on you.
The potential for crime does exist at Gustavus Adolphus College, but by practicing good crime prevention habits, the possibility of your becoming a victim substantially reduces.
Have a safe and productive school year.
Student permit registration is available online June 22-Aug 24th.
Permits will be delivered to your campus mailbox the week of August 24th. Student permit stickers are $250 for the academic year, the charge will be sent to your student account after August 24th.
Summer parking is now in effect. You may park without regard to red and green permit color in June, July, and August. Ticketing for non-registration begins 7am on the first day of classes in the fall (Tuesday, September 8th).
Visitor (blue) parking is closed to students and employees at all times.
For immediate assistance contact Campus Safety 24 hours a day at 507-933-8888.
Summer Parking Enforcement
2 months ago
Vehicles on campus may park in any red or green permit space after Commencement through August 31, when we ask all employees and returning students to park according to permit color. Ticketing in the red and green permit areas then begins at 7am on the first day of classes in the Fall. Visitor parking is closed to students and staff at all times and is always enforced.
2015-2016 Parking Permits
- A parking permit is required to park on campus. Students who wish to park a vehicle on campus must purchase a student parking permit to display on the vehicle.
- Registration for parking permits is online June 22 – August 24. Students should visit the Campus Safety web page at gustavus.edu/safety/permits to complete the registration process. Students will need their Gustavus email username and password and their vehicle information (license plate, make, color) to register. Permit decals will be delivered to the students’ campus mailboxes for them to pick up during Orientation/move-in. Permits will be charged to student accounts in September.
- Student parking stickers are $250 and are valid for the entire school year.
- If a student changes vehicles during the year, they will need to turn in their old parking sticker to register their new vehicle and get a replacement sticker for $10. Temporary permits are available for short-term use of alternate vehicles at no charge to sticker owners.
- Students who purchase a year-long parking permit will be issued red permit decals and will park in parking lot sections with Red Permit parking signs.
- Students should make themselves familiar with ALL designated Red Permit parking areas, as space nearest their residence hall may not always be available.
- Temporary permits are also available throughout the year for a daily fee to those who have not purchased a parking sticker.
- Visitor Parking Lots are closed to student use at all times. A visitor permit is required for any guests parked 2am-7am and is available at no charge in the Campus Safety office.
- Bicycles parked on campus need to be registered with the Department of Campus Safety. There is no charge for registration. Visit the Campus Safety office or view bicycle regulations and register online athttps://gustavus.edu/safety/permits