The Department of Campus Safety is located in Norelius Hall, in the basement of 'A' wing (side entrance, closest to the track). You can reach the Department of Campus Safety 24-hours a day at 507-933-8888.
Parking information and commonly requested links and forms:
- Bicycle and Employee Permit Registration
- Parking and Traffic Information
- Lost Property Report
- Safe Rides map of pickup points
- Silent Witness (concerns, tips, etc.)
- Bonfire Application
- Parking Appeals
- Driver Certification (Collegle-owned vehicles)
For immediate assistance contact Campus Safety 24 hours a day at 507-933-8888.
Student online permit registration has closed. You will need to register in person in the Campus Safety office and display a valid permit before parking your vehicle on campus. Citations for non-registration in red and green parking begin 7am on September 8th and continue through Graduation. Visitor parking is closed to students and employees 24/7/365.
If you registered online, your permit will be in your campus mailbox by August 21st.
Please review the color-coded parking map, space designations may have changed over the summer.
Students and employees who wish to park a vehicle on campus must obtain a parking permit by registering with the Department of Campus Safety.
Student online registration has closed, please come to the Campus Safety office (with your vehicle information) to register for a parking permit. Students who registered online will find their parking permit in their campus mailbox. $250 will be charged to their student account in September.
Students and employees should now park according to permit color (red = students; green = employees; blue = visitors). Citations for non-registration in red and green permit parking begins 7am on Tuesday, September 8th (the first day of classes). Vehicles parked on campus without a valid parking permit, or parked in the wrong designated lot, will receive a parking ticket for each day of non-registration or being parked in the wrong lot.
Visitor parking is closed to students and employees and is always enforced. Students are responsible for knowing the campus parking and traffic regulations at https://gustavus.edu/safety/policies/traffic.php
Students may register ONE vehicle. If a permit holder changes vehicles during the academic year, they will need to return their sticker to register the new vehicle and receive a replacement sticker ($10 charge). Studying abroad/graduating in December? Return your sticker to Campus Safety for a credit for the unused Spring portion ($125) by January 15th.
Bicycles parked on campus need to be registered with the Department of Campus Safety. There is no charge for registration, but non-registered and unsecured bicycles can be picked up and owners will be charged fees. Review the campus bicycle regulations online: https://gustavus.edu/safety/policies/bicycles.php
Contact the Campus Safety office 24 hours a day at 507-933-8888 with any parking related questions, or email the Campus Safety Administrative Assistant Lisa Octigan at firstname.lastname@example.org and she will get back to you the next business day.
Summer Parking Enforcement
3 months ago
Vehicles on campus may park in any red or green permit space after Commencement through August 31, when we ask all employees and returning students to park according to permit color. Ticketing in the red and green permit areas then begins at 7am on the first day of classes in the Fall. Visitor parking is closed to students and staff at all times and is always enforced.
2015-2016 Parking Permits
- A parking permit is required to park on campus. Students who wish to park a vehicle on campus must purchase a student parking permit to display on the vehicle.
- Registration for parking permits is online June 22 – August 24. Students should visit the Campus Safety web page at gustavus.edu/safety/permits to complete the registration process. Students will need their Gustavus email username and password and their vehicle information (license plate, make, color) to register. Permit decals will be delivered to the students’ campus mailboxes for them to pick up during Orientation/move-in. Permits will be charged to student accounts in September.
- Student parking stickers are $250 and are valid for the entire school year.
- If a student changes vehicles during the year, they will need to turn in their old parking sticker to register their new vehicle and get a replacement sticker for $10. Temporary permits are available for short-term use of alternate vehicles at no charge to sticker owners.
- Students who purchase a year-long parking permit will be issued red permit decals and will park in parking lot sections with Red Permit parking signs.
- Students should make themselves familiar with ALL designated Red Permit parking areas, as space nearest their residence hall may not always be available.
- Temporary permits are also available throughout the year for a daily fee to those who have not purchased a parking sticker.
- Visitor Parking Lots are closed to student use at all times. A visitor permit is required for any guests parked 2am-7am and is available at no charge in the Campus Safety office.
- Bicycles parked on campus need to be registered with the Department of Campus Safety. There is no charge for registration. Visit the Campus Safety office or view bicycle regulations and register online athttps://gustavus.edu/safety/permits