We would like to take this opportunity to welcome you to the Gustavus Adolphus College Community.
Because of the serenity and size of Gustavus Adolphus College, some tend to get the impression that the college community is immune to crime. Unfortunately, crime does not stop at the borders of our campus. People find this out all too well when they become victims of crime.
The responsibility of crime prevention does not rest solely with the campus security department. We need everybody's assistance in making Gustavus Adolphus College a safe and secure place where the community can go about its endeavors in a safe manner. YOU are the most important piece of the crime prevention plan. The success of it depends mainly on you.
The potential for crime does exist at Gustavus Adolphus College, but by practicing good crime prevention habits, the possibility of your becoming a victim substantially reduces.
Have a safe and productive school year.
Student permits are available in person in the Campus Safety office. A permit is required for students (red permit) and employees (green permit) to park on campus, and for visitors to park after 2am (blue permit). Visitor parking is closed to students and employees at all times.
For immediate assistance contact Campus Safety 24 hours a day at 507-933-8888.
Lot Closings for Snow Removal
For the first time in over ten years, our area has seen amounts of snow that are causing vehicle owners more and more difficulties in parking lots. The is especially true in residence hall lots that cannot be cleaned out entirely and only get plowed in the main driving lanes. Many vehicles are getting stuck in parking stalls that have compacted snow. It is now time for us to work as a community to get the lots cleared out in an efficient and organized manner.
After meeting with the Physical Plant Grounds Crew and Residential Life, along with arrangements from community neighbors, the following plan has been developed:
- No cars may be parked in the red permit parking by Noreilus or the entire Sorensen lot from 11:59 p.m. Saturday, March 1st until the lots are cleared on Sunday, March 2nd. All cars left in the lot during this time will be towed at the owner’s expense.
- You may move your car to other red parking spots on campus.
- You may move your car to the green parking side of the Norelius lot beginning at noon on Saturday, March 1st.
- You may move your car to the St. Peter High School lot beginning at noon on Saturday, March 1st.
- All vehicles must be moved out of green and the high school lot by 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 2nd. All cars left after that time will be towed at the owner’s expense.
Any student hosting a guest on campus during the weekend should make sure their guest’s vehicle is also appropriately parked.
Other residence hall lots will be cleaned out on Monday, March 3rd through Wednesday, March 5th. Please watch your email for when your vehicle needs to be moved.
Spring Parking Permits
Regular parking enforcement is in effect and a parking permit is required for students and staff to park on campus. Always assume that parking is enforced.
Come to the Campus Safety office with your vehicle information to register for a parking sticker before parking your vehicle. Students can pay with a charge to your student account or a check.
- Student parking permits from the start of the Spring semester: $120 (If you already purchased your parking sticker in the Fall, it is valid through Spring 2014).
Temporary student permits are available in the Campus Safety office for $5 per weekday, or at no charge (up to two weeks) for short-term use of an alternate vehicle for those that already have a paid parking permit.
If a permit holder changes vehicles during the year, the original sticker must be turned in (or documentation regarding sale/damage of the vehicle) in order to register the new vehicle and receive a replacement sticker. There is a $10 charge for all replacement student decals. A vehicle is not registered until a valid permit is displayed correctly on the vehicle.
Visitor parking is closed to students and staff at all times.