The Department of Campus Safety is located in Norelius Hall, in the basement of 'A' wing (side entrance, closest to the track). You can reach the Department of Campus Safety 24-hours a day at 507-933-8888.
The Department's student-run Safe Rides program runs 7pm-1am* nightly during the academic year (*6pm-1am Novmeber 1st through April 1st) and can be reached at 507-933-7000 during those hours.
Parking information and commonly requested links and forms:
Online vehicle permit registration is now closed. Register in person in the Campus Safety office the week of August 29th. Ticketing in red and green permit lots begins 7am on the Tuesday, September 6th.
For immediate assistance contact Campus Safety 24-hours a day at 507-933-8888.
Ticketing in red and green permit parking resumes at 7am on the first day of classes in the fall (9/6/16) and continues through Graduation. Visitor parking is closed to students and employees at all times (24/7/365).
2 months ago
Permit enforcement begins 7am on Tuesday, September 6th. Vehicles must display a valid parking permit before parking on campus.
2016-2017 Parking Permits
- A parking permit is required to park on campus. Students who wish to park a vehicle on campus must purchase a student parking permit to display on the vehicle.
- Student parking stickers are $260 and are valid for the entire school year.
- If a student changes vehicles during the year, they will need to turn in their old parking sticker to register their new vehicle and get a replacement sticker for $10. Temporary permits are available for short-term use of alternate vehicles at no charge to sticker owners.
- Students who purchase a year-long parking permit will be issued red permit decals and will park in parking lot sections with Red Permit parking signs.
- Students should make themselves familiar with ALL designated Red Permit parking areas, as space nearest their residence hall may not always be available.
- Temporary permits are also available throughout the year for a daily fee to those who have not purchased a parking sticker.
- Visitor Parking Lots are closed to student use at all times. A visitor permit is required for any guests parked 2am-7am and is available at no charge in the Campus Safety office.
- Bicycles parked on campus need to be registered with the Department of Campus Safety and display a parking permit (no charge). Select bicycle registration through the permit registration page (you’ll need to know your bicycle’s serial number!). https://gustavus.edu/safety/permits