The Department of Campus Safety is located in Norelius Hall, in the basement of 'A' wing (side entrance, closest to the track). You can reach the Department of Campus Safety 24-hours a day at 507-933-8888.
The Department's student-run Safe Rides program runs 6pm-1:30am nightly and can be reached at 507-933-7000 during those hours.
Parking information and commonly requested links and forms:
(student/bicycle online registration open 6/20/16-8/21/16)
- Parking and Traffic Information
- Color-coded parking map
- Lost Property Report
- Silent Witness (concerns, tips, etc.)
- Bonfire Application
- Parking Appeals
- Driver Certification (Collegle-owned vehicles)
For immediate assistance contact Campus Safety 24-hours a day at 507-933-8888.
Red (student) and green (employee) permit parking are not enforced during the summer months. Visitor parking is closed to students and employees at all times (24/7/365). Ticketing in red and green permit parking resumes at 7am on the first day of classes in the fall (9/6/16).
Parking Permits, Summer Parking
6 days ago
Vehicles on campus may park in any red or green permit space until August 29, when we ask all employees and returning students to park according to permit color. Ticketing in the red and green permit areas then begins at 7am on the first day of classes in the Fall. Visitor parking is closed to students and staff at all times and is always enforced.
2016-2017 Parking Permits
- A parking permit is required to park on campus. Students who wish to park a vehicle on campus must purchase a student parking permit to display on the vehicle.
- Registration for student parking permits is online June 20 – August 21. Students should visit the Campus Safety web page at gustavus.edu/safety/permits to complete the registration process. Students will need their Gustavus email username and password and their vehicle information (license plate, make, color) to register. Permit decals will be delivered to the students’ campus mailboxes for them to pick up during Orientation/move-in. Permits will be charged to student accounts in September.
- Student parking stickers are $260 and are valid for the entire school year.
- If a student changes vehicles during the year, they will need to turn in their old parking sticker to register their new vehicle and get a replacement sticker for $10. Temporary permits are available for short-term use of alternate vehicles at no charge to sticker owners.
- Students who purchase a year-long parking permit will be issued red permit decals and will park in parking lot sections with Red Permit parking signs.
- Students should make themselves familiar with ALL designated Red Permit parking areas, as space nearest their residence hall may not always be available.
- Temporary permits are also available throughout the year for a daily fee to those who have not purchased a parking sticker.
- Visitor Parking Lots are closed to student use at all times. A visitor permit is required for any guests parked 2am-7am and is available at no charge in the Campus Safety office.
- Bicycles parked on campus need to be registered with the Department of Campus Safety and display a parking permit (no charge). Select bicycle registration through the permit registration page (you’ll need to know your bicycle’s serial number!). https://gustavus.edu/safety/permits