Policies and regulations for campus-owned vehicles
Certification is required for reserving or driving a College-owned vehicle
- Complete the online web form and you will be contacted the next business day about the certification process. You will have the option to choose if you need Large Passenger Van certification (8 and 10 passenger vans), Defensive Driver certification (required for College-owned mini vans in January 2015 and all College cars in September 2015), or both.
- Select a time slot from currently scheduled large-passenger van trainings (you must be logged in to Gustavus google calendar, make sure that you are set to Central time zone). If no time slots are currently showing, submitting the web form with your availability will prompt scheduling of future sessions.
- If you are not able to use the web form link above, please send your name, e-mail address, department or graduation year, and student/employee ID number to Lisa Octigan in the Campus Safety office (email@example.com).
Mini-vans and other College-owned vehicles
- Motor Pool Vehicle Policy
- Defensive Driver online certification will be required to reserve or drive College-owned mini vans beginning in January 2015 and all other College cars beginning September 2015.
- To register for the online driver training training, please fill out the web form here. You will be contacted about how to log in for the online training and once completed, you will be added to the certified driver's list.
- Defensive Driver certifications are valid for 4 years.
Large Passenger Vans
- Large Passenger Van Policy
- Large Passenger Van certification is required for all College-owned 8 and 10 passenger vans.
- To register for the Large Passenger Van training, please fill out the web form here and be sure to note which training(s) you require and open times in your weekday schedule. You will be contacted about how to log in for the online training (Part 1) and with information about coordinating the scheduling of the behind-the-wheel portion of the training (Part 2).
- Please provide at least 2 weeks advance notice to allow for the coordination of van reservation and instructor availability. Short-notice requests may not be able to be accommodated.
- The behind-the-wheel portion of the Large Passenger Van Training takes 30 minutes, sessions and open time slots are coordinated through Lisa Octigan after receiving the web form submissions. Drivers will need to bring their certificate of completion of the online training and their driver's license to the behind-the-wheel session.
- Large Passenger Van certification is valid for 2 years, you will receive a certification card upon completion of both parts of the training.
- When your certification expires, please contact Administrative Assistant Lisa Octigan about the re-certification process.
Utility/Golf Cart Safety Program
- Utility/Golf Cart Policy
- Training should be conducted by the supervisor and documentation returned to Campus Safety.
- Contact x7494 with any Golf cart training questions.