Academic Operations Committee
From the faculty handbook the functions of the committee are:
1. To review and recommend procedures for registration, scheduling classes, advising of students, making up calendars and catalogs, and other academic operations.
2. To review and recommend policies concerning the Library, internship program, and instructional infrastructure.
3. To review and recommend policies and procedures regarding admissions, enrollment, and financial aid.
4. To review and recommend policies regarding grading, recognition for academic achievement (including Dean’s List and President’s List, Honors Day, Latin honors, and commencement), the Honor Code, academic probation, and eligibility for extracurricular activities.
5. To review and recommend candidates for graduation.
6. To conduct appropriate continuing self-study of academic policies and programs.
7. To nominate candidates for the Grade Appeals Board and the Honor Board.
The committee meets monthly to discuss policy and conduct its functions and welcomes input from the campus regarding issues of academic operations. Questions and comments can be emailed to the chair of the committee.
2014-15 Academic Operations Committee Membership
- At-Large: Jessie Petricka (2013-15)
- At-Large: Mike Hvidsten (2013-16)
- At-Large: Scott Bur (2014-17)
- At-Large: Ursula Lindqvist (2014-17)
- At-Large: Michelle Twait (2012-15)
- Student representative: Jake Christina (2014-15)
- Student representative: John ("Sam") Benson (2014-15)
- Non-voting ex officio: Provost Mark J. Braun or designee
- Non-voting ex officio: Assistant Dean of Students Megan Ruble
- Non-voting ex officio: Registrar Kristianne Westphal
- Non-voting ex officio: Library Chair Dan Mollner
- Non-voting ex officio: Kari Eckheart
- Non-voting ex officio: Director of Internships Vincent Thomas