Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee (DEIC)
Gustavus Adolphus College aspires to be a community of persons from diverse backgrounds who respect and affirm the dignity of all people. To that end, the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Committee was formed in to encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of college life.
- To work to encourage diversity, equity, and inclusion at every level of college life.
- To participate in developing and executing policies and plans for integrating a culture of inclusion into the basic functions of the College.
- To gather and disseminate diversity-related information, innovative strategies, and appropriate policies to departmental faculty and staff, administrative offices, and other faculty committees.
- To encourage and support hiring decisions and retention goals that promote geographic representation domestically and internationally, discipline-specific diversity, and representation from underrepresented groups.
- To work in collaboration with other campus units to periodically assess the College's progress on achieving its goals for diversity and retention.
- To review and make recommendations as appropriate on employee policies in order to enhance the campus climate for inclusion, so that its aspiration to be "a community of persons from diverse backgrounds who respect and affirm the dignity of all people" is realized.