Stop Unwanted Mail
Unwanted mail can be a hassle for both you and the environment. We encourage you to follow the below steps to help eliminate unwanted mail delivery at your office or home. You can also follow these steps to stop unwanted mail deliveries to staff or faculty members who are no longer in your department.
Remove addresses from business mailing lists
- Mail a list of the names/addresses you want removed from business mailing lists to: American Business Information
ATTN: Operation Database Maintenance
PO Box 27347
Omaha, NE 68127-0347
- Be sure to include a note that states that you want these addresses removed from mailing lists
Remove addresses from personal mailing lists
- Remove names/addresses from personal mailing lists online through the Direct Marketing Association Preference Service.
- Online is the preferred method of removing names from personal mailing lists, but you can also mail a list of the names/addresses you want removed to:
Mail Preference Service
c/o Direct Marketing Association
PO Box 3861
Grand Central Station
New York, NY 10163-3861
- If you decide to mail your request, be sure to include a note that states that you want these addresses removed from mailing lists.
Other online resources
You can also use the following Web sites to remove yourself from mailing lists.