International Travel Supplement

Continuing Instructors, Tenured, tenure-track, and full-time adjunct and visiting faculty in their second or successive year of a full-time faculty position who are presenting scholarly papers or creative work at professional meetings held outside the U.S. (except Canada) may apply for up to $500 in additional funding to help with increased expenses. International conference funds are supplemental to the regular professional funds available to faculty. The basic $1,200 allocation must be used first. Funds allocated but not used will be returned to the International Travel Fund for use by other faculty. Applications should be submitted to the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning when the proposal to present is submitted to the conference.

* Since costs associated with traveling to Canada are not significantly more expensive than domestic U.S. travel, the international supplement is not available for professional travel to conferences in Canada, effective June 1, 2009.

Please see the section on travel in the All-College Policies site for eligibility and other detailed information. Application forms are available from the Faculty Development Resource Center and online below; see the Procedures attachment to find out how you may use your funds. Contact the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning at x6227 ( or the John S. Kendall Center for Engaged Learning Director with questions.