New Faculty Programs
Assisting new faculty in making the transition to Gustavus is one of the most important responsibilities of the Kendall Center. New Faculty have opportunities throughout the academic year to talk with faculty about teaching strategies, College programs, evaluating student learning, and developing and maintaining a plan of professional scholarship, research, and creative work.
- Orientation Day: A day to meet other faculty new to Gustavus, be introduced to important offices (the Registrar, for example), have more general conversations about work here with returning faculty, and help new faculty feel more comfortable at and knowledgeable of Gustavus.
- On-Going Orientation Sessions: A series of orientation sessions throughout the year to assist all new professors and instructors in better understanding Gustavus and their role on the faculty at the College. Sessions may focus on advising students, active learning strategies, evaluating student learning, and other topics of interest to new faculty.
- Mentoring Partners Program: Pairs a new tenure-track faculty member (years one and two) with a senior faculty colleague during the academic year to assist them in transitioning to Gustavus. Together, the mentor-mentee pair confidentially discuss issues of importance to the new faculty member, learn about the institution, better understand the history and ethics of the College, and develop collegial relationships with faculty outside of their home department.
- Teaching at Gustavus Adolphus College:
- The Academic College Calendar
- Ordering Desk Copies, Course Packs and Copyright Issue. Check the Book Mark information.
- Faculty Professional Travel Funds
- Questions to ask your Department Chair
- FAQ for Adjunct and Part-Time Faculty
- Parking and other Administrative Policies
- Sexual Harassment Policy and other All-College PoliciesResponsibilities of Department Chairs
- Course Evaluation examples
- How to Reserve Rooms for Special Class Activities
- Faculty Book (contains all policies, procedures and agreements that impact faculty)
- Teaching Enhancement:
- Lutheran Heritage
- Living in the Saint Peter Area
- Syllabi Collection