The mission of Gustie Buddies is to provide youth with developmental delays from the St. Peter and surrounding communities with a mentoring, affirming, and compassionate relationship with committed Gustavus students while promoting growth in understanding of themselves and others through dynamic and intentional programming.
CONSTITUTION OF GUSTIE BUDDIES
The name of this organization shall be Gustie Buddies.
The mission of Gustie Buddies is to provide developmentally delayed youth from the St. Peter and surrounding communities with a mentoring, affirming, and compassionate relationship with committed Gustavus students while promoting growth in understanding of themselves and others through dynamic and intentional programming.
Section 1: Membership in this organization is open to all students who have the desire to mentor and provide a stable relationship to a developmentally delayed youth, while promoting growth and understanding of themselves and others.
Section 1: The following positions shall exist in Gustie Buddies: Co-Coordinators, Treasurer All officers must be full-time students in good standing enrolled at Gustavus Adolphus College.
Section 2: The duties of each office are described as follows:
1. To organize and preside over meetings
2. To function as a spokesperson for the weekly events
3. To facilitate communication between other members
4. To work with the advisor to create yearly goals for the organization
5. To maintain a record of applications and paperwork.
6. Be responsible for all correspondence of volunteers and buddies.
7. To keep club members informed of upcoming meetings and events
8. To assist in the development of yearly organization goals
1. To maintain the finances of the Gustie Buddies and keep accurate records of all financial matters
2. To assist in the development of yearly organizational goals
3. To attend Student Senate meetings.
Section 3: Candidates for office must submit a written application to show their commitment to the organization and discuss what they hope to accomplish if they receive an office. This will be distributed to all members of the organization. All members must complete an interview.
Section 1: Events will be held weekly during the academic year. Coordinators will meet at the beginning of each semester to set meeting dates. Coordinators are responsible for informing members of events.
Section 1: The Executive Board shall be comprised of the Co-Coordinators and a Treasurer.
Section 2: The executive board shall meet weekly to discuss the planning of events and develop goals.
Section 1: Funds of the organization are provided through CSL, Student Senate and grant allocations.
Date of Ratification: 9/3/12