- Student Organization Name
- Viking Society
- Language / Cultural
- Statement Of Purpose/ Mission
- The Viking Society aims to provide an extracurricular setting for students to explore and engage with Scandinavian culture, language, and society through informal weekly meetings such as the traditional FIKA and through unique Scandinavian holiday themed events.
- CONSTITUTION OF THE VIKING SOCIETY ARTICLE I NAME: The name of this organization shall be the Viking Society. ARTICLE II PURPOSE: The Viking Society aims to provide an extracurricular setting for students to explore and engage with Scandinavian culture, language, and society through informal weekly meetings such as the traditional FIKA and through unique Scandinavian holiday themed events. ARTICLE III MEMBERSHIP: Section 1: Membership for this organization shall be open to all students and faculty of Gustavus Adolphus College Section 2: Membership is conditional upon the individual's attendance at two regularly schedule FIKAs per semester Section 3: Any member active for at least two entire semesters shall be eligible for an officership in the organization ARTICLE V: OFFICERS: Section 1: All officers must be full time students in good standing with Gustavus Adolphus College Section 2: Officers shall be elected by a general vote (secret paper ballot) of the members of the Viking Society at the end of each spring semester Section 3: Officers take office at the beginning of an academic year and leave office at the end of that year Section 4: Should an officer resign or otherwise become ineligible or unable to fulfill his or her duties, the co-presidents shall appoint an interim officer until an election by secret paper ballot of the members of the Viking Society can be organized. Section 5: The recognized official officerships of this organization are as follows: a) two Co-Presidents b) one Vice-President b) Treasurer c) Secretary d) Risk Manager (which may be held by a person with another officership) ARTICLE VI: THE FUNCTIONS OF THE OFFICERS: Section 1: The Co-Presidents are to set the agenda for the Viking Society each semester, assign and delegate responsibilities, meet regularly with the advisor, and act as the functional heads and spokespeople of the organization Section 2: The Vice President shall assist the co-presidents in setting the agenda for the Viking Society each semester, organize elections and count ballots, and act as an avenue of recourse and responsibility for other officers and members Section 2: The Treasurer is to keep track of the society's funds, apply for funds from Student Senate and other avenues of funding, assist in the development of yearly organizational goals, and to coordinate any fundraising efforts. Section 3: The Secretary is to keep a written record of all officer and general meetings of the society, be responsible for all correspondence of the Viking Society, and to inform members and officers of upcoming meetings and events Section 4: The Risk Manager is to ensure that the Viking Society complies with Gustavus Adolphus College risk management procedures, complete the Student Organization Risk Management Plan form, and complete an Event Management Plan form when applicable ARTICLE VII: AMENDMENTS TO THE CONSTITUTION: Section 1: Any member in good standing with the College and the Society may propose amendments to the constitution. Section 2: A proposed amendment must be given to the Secretary who will announce it at the next officer's meeting. If a majority of officers approve of the amendment being presented to the general membership of the society, an election shall be held two weeks from the officer's meeting. Section 3: All members in good standing and present at the election may vote. Section 4: A majority vote is required for any amendment to pass
- The Viking Society has not affiliation with a local, state, or national parent organization.
- Application Type
- register with leadership in order to become a member
Role Organization Title Full Name Advisor Kjerstin Moody firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer Elspeth Stewart email@example.com President Jared Morningstar firstname.lastname@example.org President Justin Bruener email@example.com Secretary Annika Olson firstname.lastname@example.org Other Historian/Social Chair Emma Jones email@example.com Advisor Jenny Tollefson firstname.lastname@example.org Risk Manager Bastumästare & Member at Large Anna Schulze email@example.com Vice President Amelia Napiorkowski firstname.lastname@example.org Other Photographer Carrie Probst email@example.com