- Student Organization Name
- Advertising Club
- Special Interest
- Statement Of Purpose/ Mission
- Vision: Ad Club will serve the Gustavus Adolphus College student body and global community by educating students on how to be professional in the advertising industry, cultivate and foster their creative entrepreneurial spirit, and deliver result-oriented advertising and support to all clients. Mission Statement: Create marketing campaigns, develop meaningful relationships, and learn about the industry.
- Advertising Club Constitution Article I - Purpose Section 1: Name. The organization shall be known as the Advertising Club (hereafter referred to as Ad Club). Section 2: Vision. Ad Club will serve the Gustavus Adolphus College student body and global community by educating students on how to be professional in the advertising industry, cultivate and foster their creative entrepreneurial spirit, and deliver result-oriented advertising and support to all clients. Section 3: Mission Statement. Create marketing campaigns, develop meaningful relationships, and learn about the industry. Empower students to learn creative skills to grow and develop knowledge of advertising and marketing outside academic and institutional courses. Link Gustavus students to outside advertising agencies and institutions to connect and expand broader knowledge towards real world business applications. Article II - Objectives Section 1: The purposes of Ad Club shall be (1) to provide and promote a better understanding of the functions of advertising and of its values; (2) to stimulate and encourage advertising professionalism through advertising education; (3) to apply the skills, creativity, and energy of advertising outside the classroom to help and aid other organizations; (4) to develop the individual skills and abilities of its members; (5) to promote fellowship and the free exchange of ideas; and (6) to provide individual growth opportunities in leadership, social, and academic arenas. Article III - Membership Section 1: Membership is open to all students at Gustavus Adolphus College. Being an active member requires at least fifty percent attendance at events, including meetings and activities. Non-students, such as alumni, may act as associate members, but may not vote or be voted to hold office. Section 2: Non-discrimination Clause. Consistent with all applicable federal and state laws and college policies, this organization and its subordinates bodies and officers shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sexual orientation, religion, veteran’s status, sex, national origin, or disability in its selection of members, educational programs, or activities. Article IV - Officer Positions Section 1: The officer positions shall consist of President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Client Manager, Public Relations, and Risk Management. The officers shall be responsible for all administrative duties of the club. Section 2: The President(s) shall have the power to establish and maintain operational procedures of the club, call meetings, and answer for all actions of the other officers. The President shall be able to vote in all decisions affecting the club. Section 3: The Vice President(s) shall assist the President with all administrative duties, assume those duties in the absence of the President, and will facilitate all voting processes. Section 4: The Secretary shall keep accurate and detailed records of all meetings and affairs, send/transmit all official correspondence, and prepare the organization’s calendar of events. Section 5: The Treasurer(s) shall hold meetings with the President and Vice President at the frequency of their choosing and act as the liaison between members of the Ad Club and Student Senate to gain funding, receive and distribute funds upon the authorization of the President, uphold the financial rules and regulations of Gustavus Adolphus College, and make financial reports and coordinate fundraising activities. Section 6: The Client Manager(s) shall deal with the Ad Club’s relationship(s) with clients and agencies. The Client Manager must have strong understanding of the club’s capabilities and services, develop creative solutions for existing clients, and pursue new clientele opportunities. Section 7: The Public Relation(s) officer shall manage the reputation of the Ad Club, support clients, influence opinions and behavior through the use of various forms of social media and other forms of communication, maintain and manage the reputation of the clients, and find out the concerns and expectations of both the Ad Club and its clients. Section 8: The Risk Management(s) officer shall identify and address any potential risks to the existence or success of the club or its clients, create and administer a plan for if/when things go wrong, and decide how to avoid or reduce risks including, but not limited to: regulatory and operational risk; information and security risk; technology risk; copyright and/or legal risk; financial risk Disclaimer: All of these descriptions are subject to change at the approval of the President, advisor, and voting members of the Ad Club. Any member and/or officer is welcome to work outside of their own position/description to meet whatever student or campus need they see fit. All officer positions are subject to be held by an individual officer or a shared, co-chair position by no more than two people as seen fit by the outgoing officers and general club members (excluding Secretary). All officers must affirm their commitment through verbal or written agreement to hold the duty of their positions in active participation and good faith. Article V - Elections for Officer Positions Section 1: Election Process. The Vice President(s) who have held office for the past academic year will open the floor to allow for members and/or officers to nominate an eligible student for the positions of: President, Secretary, Treasurer, Client Manager, Public Relations, and Risk Management*. The President(s) who have held office for the past academic year will facilitate the election process for Vice President immediately following the election for President. The election process will go in order: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer, Client Manager, Public Relations, and lastly Risk Management. After receiving a nomination, The Vice President(s) or the President(s) will ask the nominee if they accept their nomination. If no, then ask for another nomination. If yes, then proceed to ask for a second. If/When someone seconds the nomination, then bring it to the club members to vote. They must receive the majority votes (two-thirds) to take office. If they do not receive the majority (two-thirds) vote, then ask for another nomination. If they do receive the majority (two-thirds) vote, then ask if they will accept the position. If no, then ask for another nomination. If yes, then proceed to the next officer position. If any of the officer positions, excluding President(s) and Vice President(s), are not filled after the voting process, the unfilled positions’ responsibilities shall be assigned to the President(s) and Vice President(s) until further nomination. *not an exclusive or final list, see Disclaimer in Article IV. Section 2: Eligible Voting Members. All members of the Ad Club are eligible to take part in the election process. An advisor cannot vote unless it is split 50%-50%. All members must be in accordance with Article III of the Ad Club Constitution. Article VI - Withdrawal or Removal of a Member or an Officer Section 1: Any officer may resign by notifying all members and fellow officers by submitting a written statement of his/her intent. Their resignation will take effect immediately. Section 2: Any member in good standing with the club may bring to the President(s) and Vice President(s) a concern about an officer performing his/her duties to the best of their ability. The President(s) and Vice President(s) will give a verbal warning if their behavior and actions are not in accordance with the Ad Club Constitution. If their behavior or actions do not improve to the standards set forth by the Constitution, then the officer in question can be removed from their position. Section 3: Any member in good standing with the club may bring to the floor a request to remove an officer from their position. For the removal, the officer must have failed to perform his/her prescribed duties properly after receiving proper warning from the President(s) and Vice President(s). To remove the officer from their position, the Advisor must be consulted per Article VIII, the President(s) and Vice President(s) shall meet with the officer in question to discuss their concerns, the Vice President(s) will then call for a vote before the club, and it must pass by the majority (two-thirds). If the Vice President is the officer up for removal, then the President(s) will call for a vote, and it must pass by the majority (two-thirds). Unless the position has co-chairs, the position will remain empty until the next meeting called by the President(s). At the next meeting, the Vice President(s) will open the floor for nomination and continue with the election process outlined in Article V, Section 1. If it is the Vice President position that needs to be filled, then the President(s) will open the floor for nomination and continue with the election process outlined in Article V, Section 1. Article VII -Amendments to the Constitutions Amendments to this constitution may be proposed by any good standing member of Ad Club, where it will be decided by a majority (two-thirds) vote of active group members. Article VIII - Advisor The President(s) and Vice President(s) must meet with an Advisor at least once a month to uphold regularity and Advisor involvement. The Advisor shall clarify with the President(s) and Vice President(s) their involvement at the beginning of each academic semester. The Advisor’s duties shall include but not be limited to: Uphold Article VIII of the Constitution, serve as connection to Ad Club and representative to Gustavus and off campus officials, to offer advice and counsel to better enhance practices and experiences of Ad Club, to supervise Treasurer(s) financial recording and budget management, to consult concerns and requests of officer removal from positions with the President(s) and Vice President(s) of Ad Club before further proceeding, unless an immediate emergency does not allow such action.
- Application Type
- register with leadership in order to become a member
Role Organization Title Full Name Advisor Master of Everything Bruce Johnson email@example.com President Co-President Kazuki Okamura firstname.lastname@example.org President Co-President Liv Peterson email@example.com Vice President Somewhat kinda sort of Master Evan Drantch firstname.lastname@example.org Secretary Master of Record Kimmie Hoang email@example.com Risk Manager Master of Danger Hannah Miller firstname.lastname@example.org Treasurer Master of Money Anders Gilyard email@example.com Treasurer Master of Money Nathaniel Kurtzweg firstname.lastname@example.org Other Client Manager Hannah Fox email@example.com