Health Links and Resources
General Health Information
- Mayo Clinic Website - Medication information.
Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Planned Parenthood
- Men's Health Network - Men's health resource
- National Women's Health Resource Center - Women's health topics
- Women In the Know - Ortho-McNeil women's health site.
- CDC National Prevention Information Network - National information on STDs, HIV and TB.
- GAC Peer Assistants
- GLBT Issues
Mental Health Issues and Counseling
- Safe Horizon - Sexual assault issues.
- RAINN - Rape Abuse and Incest National Network
- After Silence - Information/referrals, online chat service for survivors-1-800-656-HOPE
- Immanuel St. Josephs Hospital - Crisis management, support, exam and evaluation - (507) 345-2983
Exercise and Nutrition
- Cyberdiet - Information on adopting a healthy lifestyle.
- Diet Site - Help in food choices for healthy living.
- Mayo Clinic Nutrition Center - Latest updates on nutrition.
- GAC Fitness Assessment
- My Pyramid - learn how to use the new food pyramid
- National Dairy Council - nutrition information about dairy products
Alcohol, Tobacco, and Drugs
- Alcoholics Anonymous - A fellowship of men and women that help each other recover from alcoholism.
- Drug Help - Information and referral network.
- Children of Alcoholics - Education for young adults from alcoholic families.
- Quitplan - Resource on smoking cessation.
- American Lung Association - Freedom From Smoking Clinic
- Tobacco Free U - smoking cessation
- Chew Free - Help to quit chewing tobacco or snuff