First-Year Student Registration 2016
Academic Support Center
Gustie Gear-Up! Registration and Summer Orientation
June 14, 15, 16, or 17, 2016
Congratulations on becoming a member of the Gustavus Community! The next step in the process is to attend our one-day Gustie Gear-Up! Registration and Summer Orientation on campus in June. You will register for classes, meet other new Gusties and learn about the people and programs available to help you become a successful student. Parents or guardians are encouraged to join you. Admitted students will receive a letter from Admission with information about how to sign up for Gustie Gear-Up! after their deposit is paid.
Plan for the day!
Check-in will begin at 8:30 am. Your day will be filled with activities, information sessions, and of course registration for fall semester courses, all ending by 4:00 pm. A detailed schedule will be available at check-in.
8:30 a.m. Check-in
9:00 a.m. Welcome
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. Individual Schedules will vary. Your detailed schedule will be available when you check in. All students will have time to attend the Resource Fair and Information Sessions, register for classes, turn in forms, have ID photos taken, ask questions, and have lunch on us.
2:15 p.m. Becoming a Gustie! - students
Parenting Successful College Students - families
3:15 p.m. Prizes
3:45 p.m. Residential Hall tours
Highlights of the day:
- Students will meet with a faculty member to choose classes and learn about the Gustavus liberal arts curriculum.
- Parents will hear from the Dean of Students.
- Attend sessions about student life, athletics, health and safety, and balancing academics and activities.
- Turn in all those forms, inquire about finances and student employment, have your photo taken for your student ID, activate your Gustavus e-mail if you have not already done so, and purchase the Reading in Common book, Between the World and Me by Ta-Nehisi Coates.
- Enjoy lunch from the award-winning #7 in the nation, Gustavus Dining Service.
- Meet and ask questions of staff from various campus departments during the Resource Fair.
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations should connect with Disability Services staff. Kelly Karstad will be available at the Academic Support Center table at the Resource Fair. Details regarding services are available at gustavus.edu/advising/disability.
- Summer Institute for Academic Success/SIAS is especially for students whose family speaks another language at home, and who are multi-lingual. SIAS is limited to the first 25 students who apply and meet the criteria. Students will arrive on campus Sunday, August 28 and will join their peers at New Student Orientation on Friday, September 2, 2016. Contact Margo W. Druschel for more information. There is no additional fee for this program.
If you are coming from a distance and would like to stay on campus the night before or after, please review the Gustie Gear-Up! Overnight Accommodations and mail your reservation as soon as possible. A list of Saint Peter area lodging options is also available at gustavus.edu/about/lodging.php.
If you live more than 350 miles from Gustavus, or if you will be on a school or church-related trip, or if you will be working at a summer camp on these days, you may register by phone. Go to the registration link, choose one of the phone registration options and follow the instructions to schedule your appointment.
Register for Classes:
In early May, watch your mail for a packet containing information on how to choose classes, take placement exams, and prepare for your registration appointment during Gustie Gear-Up! or your phone registration appointment.
Final high school transcripts and PSEO, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and College in the Schools coursework must be sent to the Admission Office. This will enable you and your faculty advisor to make appropriate choices at registration.
Music majors, music scholarship recipients and students wishing to audition for music lessons, ensembles, or choirs should complete the online Music Profile Form before registration.
Did you know that you can find your Gustavus student ID# located in your Admission Packet or on your Financial Aid Award Letter? This is a great number for you to memorize! You will have your photo taken during Gustie Gear-Up! in June and receive your ID card on move-in day.
Disability Accommodations: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments, (ADAAA) we will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you or a family member requires accommodations for Gustie Gear-Up! Registration and Summer Orientation, please call 507 933-7027 at least 2 weeks in advance. All buildings used during Gustie Gear-Up! are wheelchair accessible.