First Year Student Registration
Academic Support Center
Prepare for registration:
The documents you received in the mail from the Academic Support Center are available here. Please view them electronically to access the underlined links and start putting together your ideas and some sample schedules. We look forward to seeing YOU for Registration during Gustie Gear UP!
Search for Classes in WebAdvisor
BEFORE you can register, review the Language and Calculus Placement Information and, if necessary, complete the online exams by June 1st.
- All Gustavus students must fulfill a non-English language requirement. Review the Language Placement and Equivalency Exam Information. Students are encouraged to begin language study in the first year. You may complete the placement exam online NOW in preparation for registration in June.
- Review the Calculus Placement Exam Information to decide if you need to take the Calculus exam online. This is a Calculus exam, only for those majors that require Calculus. If you plan to take Calculus, you may complete the placement exam online NOW.
- The final deadline for taking either placement exam in June 1.
Gustie Gear-Up! Registration and Summer Orientation
June 16, 17, 18 or 19, 2015
Congratulations on becoming a member of the Gustavus Community! The next step in the process is to attend our one-day Gustie Gear-Up! Registration and Summer Orientation on campus in June. You will register for classes, meet other new Gusties and learn about the people and programs available to help you become a successful student. Parents or guardians are encouraged to join you. As each date fills up, it will close, so register early. You have until May 29 to sign up for a date using this link: gustavus.edu/advising/registration.php
Plan for the day!
Check-in will begin at 8:00 am. Your day will be filled with activities, information sessions, and of course registration for fall semester courses, all ending by 4:30 pm. A detailed schedule will be available at check-in.
|8:00-8:45 a.m.||Check-in||Jackson Campus Center, upper level|
|Also open during this time:|
|One Stop Shop:
~turn in forms and ask questions about
finances, loans, and student
~have your Gustavus ID photo taken
~purchase the Reading in Common
book and check out the store
|Gustavus Technology Services:
~activate your Gustavus e-mail
|9:00-9:30 a.m.||Welcome||Christ Chapel|
|9:45 a.m.-2:30 p.m.||Students Register with Faculty||Alumni Hall, Johnson Student Union|
|Parent Session||Heritage Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|Resource Fair||Beck Academic Hall|
|Information Sessions||Beck Academic Hall|
|Lunch||The Market Place, Jackson Campus Center|
|Residential Hall tours||leaving from Beck Hall|
|2:30-3:30 p.m.||Becoming a Gustie!||Beck Academic Hall|
|Parenting Successful College Students||Alumni Hall|
|3:45 p.m.||Residential Hall Tours||leaving from Beck Hall|
|Open during this time: One Stop Shop,
ID photos, BookMark, GTS
Highlights of the day:
- Students will meet with a faculty member to choose classes and learn about the Gustavus liberal arts curriculum.
- Parents will hear from the Dean of Students and attend a session on Parenting Successful College Students.
- Attend sessions about student life, athletics, health and safety, and balancing academics and activities.
- Turn in all those forms, inquire about finances and student employment, have your photo taken for your student ID, activate your Gustavus e-mail if you have not already done so, and purchase the Reading in Common book, The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot.
- Enjoy lunch from the award-winning #7 in the nation, Gustavus Dining Service.
- Meet and ask questions of staff from various campus departments during the Resource Fair.
- Students with disabilities who need accommodations should connect with Disability Services staff. Kelly Karstad will be available at the Academic Support Center table at the Resource Fair. Details regarding services are available at gustavus.edu/advising/disability.
- Summer Institute for Academic Success/SIAS is especially for students whose family speaks another language at home, and who are multi-lingual. SIAS is limited to the first 30 students who apply and meet the criteria. Students will arrive on campus Sunday, August 30 and will join their peers at New Student Orientation on Friday, September 4, 2015. Contact Margo W. Druschel for more information. There is no additional fee for this program.
If you are coming from a distance and would like to stay on campus the night before or after, please review the Gustie Gear-Up! Overnight Accommodations and mail your reservation as soon as possible. A list of Saint Peter area lodging options is also available at gustavus.edu/about/lodging.php.
If you live more than 350 miles from Gustavus, or if you will be on a school or church-related trip, or if you will be working at a summer camp on these days, you may register by phone. Go to the registration link, choose one of the phone registration options and follow the instructions to schedule your appointment.
Final high school transcripts and PSEO, Advanced Placement, International Baccalaureate and College in the Schools coursework must be sent to the Admission Office. This will enable you and your faculty advisor to make appropriate choices at registration.
Music majors, music scholarship recipients and students wishing to audition for music lessons, ensembles, or choirs should complete the online Music Profile Form before registration.
Did you know that you can find your Gustavus student ID# located in your Admission Packet or on your Financial Aid Award Letter? This is a great number for you to memorize! You will have your photo taken during Gustie Gear-Up! in June and receive your ID card on move-in day.
Disability Accommodations: In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act Amendments, (ADAAA) we will make every effort to provide reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities. If you or a family member requires accommodations for Gustie Gear-Up! Registration and Summer Orientation, please call 507 933-7027 at least 2 weeks in advance. All buildings used during Gustie Gear-Up! are wheelchair accessible.