Show Your Gustie Spirit!
Ever wonder what it means to be an alum of Gustavus?
Ever think, "I wish I were more connected to Gustavus"?
Ever say, "I love Gustavus"?
Here is a short list of ways you can be connected and show your love and pride for Gustavus. Notice, there are many things you can do that don't require a lot of time or involve traveling to campus. Thanks for being a great Gustie!
30 ways to show your Gustie spirit
- Wear your Gustie gear!
- Volunteer to be a Class Agent.
- Submit your news for the Gustavus Quarterly.
- Put a Gustavus sticker on your car, van, motorcycle, scooter, boat, or back door!
- Come and join your fellow Gusties for the Homecoming festivities
- Learn and sing the Gustavus Alma Mater.
- Strike up a conversation with someone you see wearing Gustavus apparel or class ring.
- Attend Christmas in Christ Chapel.
- Encourage students to consider Gustavus and submit their names to the Gustavus Admission Office.
- Take a picture of your Gustavus friends or random encounters with Gusties and post the photo on Flickr.
- Volunteer to serve on your class reunion planning committee.
- Listen to Chapel services online or on your i-pod.
- Attend your class reunion and encourage other classmates to attend.
- When you find out a student is going to attend or is attending Gustavus, talk to them about your Gustavus experience and listen to their stories as well.
- Occasionally burst into the Gustie Rouser, just to keep it fresh!
- Attend a Gustavus event in your area.
- Offer a Gustavus student an internship.
- Visit the campus — it’s beautiful year-round!
- Send a Gustavus e-card to a friend.
- Call, write, or e-mail a Gustavus friend you’ve lost touch with.
- Gather your local Gustavus friends and spend the evening looking at old photos, yearbooks, and Griblys — it’s bound to give you that Gustie spirit!
- Make sure the Office of Alumni Relations has your updated contact information.
- Nominate an alum for a Distinguished Alumni Citation for their professional achievements or service to others, or for the Athletics Hall of Fame.
- Attend an athletic event or musical performance either on campus or in your area.
- Attend a Nobel Conference.
- Volunteer for mock interviews.
- Join Gustavus Library Associates.
- Become a delegate for your church to the Gustavus Adolphus College Association of Congregations.
- Listen to an Athletic Event live!
- Take a moment to reflect on the great experiences — academic, personal and otherwise — that you had while attending Gustavus and since graduation.
Have a suggestion that isn't listed? E-mail it to the Office of Alumni Relations now!