Whether you live a half-hour away from Gustavus or halfway around the world, an overnight visit in our residence halls can allow you to experience much more of Gustavus life than just a regular daytime visit. Our overnight coordinators will match you with a host who will show you around campus, introduce you to other Gusties, bring you to activities, and allow you to participate in regular campus life (this may include a late-night run to the caf for pizza or ice cream).
- Overnight visits are available Sunday through Thursday nights from October through April.
- Please request your visit at least two weeks in advance.
- Overnight visits are arranged around our college calendar. We may be unable to accommodate a request due to breaks, holidays, finals, or other busy times.
- Overnights stays are for high school seniors only.
To arrange your overnight visit:
- Using our online visit scheduler, fill out your biographical information, contact information, and desired date and visit time.
- In the Comments box, add any special requests (such as appointments or classes).
- After receiving your request and adding you to our visit calendar, we'll e-mail you a confirmation.
In preparation for your visit, please bring a pillow, sleeping bag, and any other necessities you may have. In addition, since you'll be visiting during a time when your host may need to study, bring along your homework, too. Maybe you can help each other out!
Off-campus accommodations for families:
We are unable to arrange overnight housing during the summer, college breaks, or during large open house events hosted by the Admission Office. During those times or for family members accompanying a prospective student, there are many hotel and restaurant options in St. Peter and the surrounding area.