We want you to visit Gustavus! It’s the best way to make your college choice. After you walk around and talk to a couple of Gusties, you’ll get the feeling that you belong. This could be your new home. Gustavus is what a college campus should look and feel like. See for yourself. Anytime.
That’s right, we want you to be able to visit campus when it best fits your schedule. While we provide personal visits for prospective students year round, this program is meant to be intentional about making the most of your time here on campus. Our fly-in program is unique. We want you to truly feel like a Gustie and participate in our campus community as if you were already a student by providing a personalized schedule based on what you want to do, see, and experience in order to make your college decision. In essence, our fly-in program will give you a taste of the individual attention that you will feel every day as a Gustie.
Students will tour campus, dine in our nationally ranked cafeteria, stay overnight in a residence hall, and interact with current students, faculty, and staff. Most Sundays-Fridays are available during the academic year, so use our visit calendar to see what days would work best for you. You can even schedule a visit during one of our admission or college events! This way, you can truly interact with campus and experience what it’s like to be a Gustie!
In order to be an eligible participant, you must:
- Be a high school senior who has applied and been admitted to Gustavus
- Live outside the states of Minnesota, Iowa, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Wisconsin
- Be approved by our office for the program
*Note: The Gustavus Fly-In Program is intended to help students visit the Gustavus campus. Gustavus cannot provide reimbursement or transportation to students seeking to combine visits to other colleges or universities.
The Fly-In Program includes:
- partial reimbursement for student’s airfare*
- transportation to and from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
- overnight accommodations with current Gustavus students
- meals in the nationally ranked Gustavus Market Place
- campus tour and one-on-one conversation with an admission counselor
- observing classes, labs, and research
- meetings with professors, coaches and conductors.
The Next Steps:
1. Using our online visit scheduler, fill out your biographical information, contact information, and desired date and visit time.
2. In the Comments box, add any special requests (such as appointments or classes).
3. After receiving your request and adding you to our visit calendar, we'll email you a confirmation.
- Complete and submit all applications/forms 4 WEEKS PRIOR to intended visit date
· International Applicants who are interested should contact Cynthia Yang (email@example.com)
Once approved, prospective students are authorized for a ONE TIME airfare reimbursement of half the ticket price (up to $250*) upon submitting a copy of their paid/confirmed flight itinerary (including ticket cost). Our program will then reimburse a student following their campus visit and participation in our program. If the student decides to enroll at Gustavus, their account will be credited for the other half of the cost (up to $250) during their first fall semester.
*Students who can demonstrate financial need may be eligible for increased or full travel assistance (*Contact Kate Mathison for more information.)
*If using frequent flier miles, only the actual cash paid amount listed on the flight itinerary will be considered for reimbursement.
Accommodations for families:
Our program is designed to provide an opportunity to explore our campus for prospective students. Parents are more than welcome to visit as well! However, we are only able to extend the services of our Fly In Program to prospective students. Accompanying parents are asked to be responsible for their own expenses, travel planning, and accommodations. If they would like, we invite them to join their student on a personalized campus tour, partake in a counselor conversation, as well as enjoy a meal in our dining facilities. For those who wish to accompany a prospective student, there are many hotel and restaurant options in St. Peter and the surrounding area.