We want you to visit Gustavus! It’s the best way to make your college choice. After you walk around and talk to a couple of Gusties, you’ll get the feeling that you belong. This could be your new home. Gustavus is what a college campus should look and feel like. See for yourself. Anytime.
That’s right, we want you to be able to visit campus when it best fits your schedule. You can set up your own visit day or come to campus for a visit event. Most Sundays – Fridays are available during the academic year, so use our visit calendar to see what days would work best for you. This way, you can truly interact with campus and experience what it’s like to be a Gustie!
Our fly-in program is intended to help students become more familiar with Gustavus. In order to be an eligible participant, you:
· Must be a high school senior
· Live more than 400 miles from St. Peter, Minnesota
· Complete and submit all applications/forms 3 WEEKS PRIOR to intended visit date
The Fly-In Program includes:
- partial reimbursement for student’s airfare*
- transportation to and from the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport
- overnight accommodations with current Gustavus students
- meals in the Gustavus Market Place
- campus tour and conversation with an admission counselor
- sitting in on classes
- meetings with professors, coaches or conductors.
To apply students must:
1. be high school seniors,
2. submit all parts of our Application for Admission along with,
3. complete Fly-In Program application and
4. be approved by our office for the program.
Once approved, prospective students are authorized for a ONE TIME airfare reimbursement of up to $250* upon submitting a copy of their paid/confirmed flight itinerary (including ticket cost). Our program will reimburse a student for half of the ticket, up to $250, following their campus visit and participation in our program. If the student decides to enroll at Gustavus, their account will be credited for the other half of the cost (up to $250) at the start of fall semester.
*Students from Alaska, Hawaii, or who can demonstrate financial need may be eligible for increased or full travel assistance (*Contact Emily Thayer for more information).
*If using frequent flier miles, only the actual cash paid amount listed on the flight itinerary will be considered for reimbursement.
Accommodations for families:
Our program is designed to provide an opportunity to explore our campus for prospective students. Parents are more than welcome to visit as well! However, we are only able to extend the services of our Fly In Program to prospective students. Accompanying parents are asked to be responsible for their own expenses, travel planning, and accommodations. If they would like, we invite them to join their student on a personalized campus tour, partake in a counselor conversation, as well as enjoy a meal in our dining facilities. For those who wish to accompany a prospective student, there are many hotel and restaurant options in St. Peter and the surrounding area.