International Students may apply under the Early Action or Rolling Admission processes. To be considered as an Early Action applicant, all materials (including scholarship applications) must be submitted by November 1.
- Apply using the Common Application.
- Submit your Academic Records (transcripts from secondary schools and any other college or university you have attended)
- Official Certified translations into English must be included with the original if in another language.
- Submit one letter of recommendation. This should be from a teacher, coach, mentor, counselor, or other school official who can attest to your academic and social preparedness for study abroad.
- Submit your Test Scores.
- The SAT/ACT is not required for Admission but is strongly encouraged as it may be considered for certain Gustavus scholarships.
- TOEFL or IELTS is required for students whose first language is not English.
- Minimum score requirements for English Proficiency are:
TOEFL—80 iBT, 550 PBT
IETLS – 6.0 Overall Band Score
- Submit any external examination results or predicted results that mark the completion of secondary school and adequate qualification for university in your home country. Examples include:
International Baccalaureate (IB) Examinations
Indian Certificate of Secondary Education (ICSE) Exams
Application Materials can be mailed to:
Cynthia Yang - Office of Admission
Gustavus Adolphus College
800 West College Avenue
Saint Peter, MN 56082 United States
Certified electronic materials can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To be issued an I-20 for the F-1 Visa, students must show proof that they have adequate financial resources to support their study in the United States. Please submit the CSS Profile and bank statements or letter of support with your application.
Cambridge International Examinations
Gustavus accepts credits earned through Cambridge A-Levels upon receipt of official documentation.
A-Level reports of C or better may receive college credit. Please contact the International Admission Counselor for further information.
International Baccalaureate and Advanced Placement
Those who sit for the IB-Higher Level and AP exams may receive college credit and/or placement. Students who score 4-7 on their Higher Level IB exams or 4-5 on the AP exams will be considered. You can find more information regarding IB and AP credits here.
Scholarship and Financial Assistance
Gustavus has scholarships and student employment opportunities for International students. But even with our most significant scholarship award and student employment, you and your family or sponsor will need to contribute a significant part of the cost of your education.
International students will automatically be considered for the Count Folke International Student Scholarship. All other merit and talent-based scholarships require separate applications. If you are planning to apply for these merit or talent-based scholarships under the Early Action process, please contact the International Admission Counselor for information regarding specific requirements.