The Music Department is located in the Schaefer Fine Arts Center.
The Music Building
The Music Building houses
- 475-seat Jussi Bjorling Concert Hall with 2 Steinway grand pianos and has digital recording capability.
- Computerized Music Theory Lab utilizing Macintosh G4 workstations, a complete range of professional software and studio-grade MIDI keyboards with sound modules.
- Class and Rehearsal Rooms which include rooms housing non-western musical instruments, a music education lab with instruments and textbook resources. All classrooms are equipped with audio and video equipment.
- 30 Private Practice Rooms including practice studios utilizing SmartMusic capability, harp facilities and practices organs.
- Organ Recital Facility.
- Two SmartMusic® Studios.
- Monday – Thursday 6 a.m. to 1 a.m.
- Friday 6 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sunday 9 a.m. to 1 a.m.
Music Office hours
Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Lund Music Library
The Music Library contains standard reference materials, recordings, sheet music and scores. In addition, there are many listening stations for records, cassettes compact discs, and several computer word processing stations and VCR players.
The Music Library houses
- 20,000 music recordings
- 45,000 scores and anthologies
- Music Reference Section
- Listening Equipment
- Computer Stations
- Monday – Thursday 8 a.m. to midnight
- Friday 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Saturday 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Sunday 1 p.m. to midnight
The Music Lab is a computer/electronic keyboard center located in the music building part of the Schafer Fine Arts Building. This Lab is used for Theory and arranging classes and three levels of Piano class. The continually updated systems include Macintosh G4 computers and full-size professional keyboards. This lab is open to all music students for class work and composition projects.
The Music Lab houses
- 12 Mac stations each with MIDI keyboard and synthesizer.
- Fully digital hard disk recorder and mixer
- Facilities for scanning music and burning CDs
- Instructor's stations with projection unit for Power Point and other multimedia presentations
- Monday 8:30 – 11:30 p.m.
- Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday 6:30 – 11:30 p.m.
- Saturday 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Sunday 1 – 10 p.m.