- Tabbed Browsing
- Google Chrome Webstore with extensions and themes
- Translation in the Browser
- Incognito Mode
- Tab Stability
- Address Bar Search Box
- New Tab Page
Signing in to Chrome
- Open Chrome.
- In the top-right corner of the browser window, click the button with your name or email address.
- Click Sign in to Chrome.
- Sign in with your Gustavus Google Account.
- To customize your sync settings, click Settings. This lets you choose what information to share across other devices where you're signed into Chrome.
Note: On Macs, replace Ctrl with Command/Apple (⌘) key
- Open a new Chrome Window: Ctrl+N
- Open a new tab: Ctrl+T
- Refresh the page: F5 or Ctrl+R
- Close the current tab or pop up: Ctrl+W
- Highlight the URL: Ctrl+L
- Open the last closed tab: Ctrl+Shift+T
- Open Find Bar: Ctrl+F
- Jump to Next Tab: Ctrl+Tab or Command/Apple+Option+Right Arrow Key for Macs
- Jump to Previous Tab: Ctrl+Shift+Tab or Command/Apple+Option+Left Arrow Key for Macs
Google Chrome can be downloaded from the Chrome Website by clicking on Download Chrome and Agreeing to the Terms of Service.
Update Google Chrome
To ensure security, Chrome automatically updates whenever it detects that a newer version of the browser is available. The update process happens automatically and requires no action from the user.
Check for Updates
- Click the wrench icon on the browser toolbar.
- Select Update Google Chrome.
- In the confirmation dialog that appears, click Restart. The browser saves opened tabs and windows and reopens them automatically when it restarts. If you choose Restart Later, the update will automatically be applied after it restarts.
Check Browser Version
Click the Wrench Menu on the browser toolbar and select About Google Chrome. The version number is the number under the Google Chrome heading.