An e-mail alias (or e-mail list) is a special e-mail address used to send e-mail to a group of one or more e-mail addresses. An e-mail alias works by forwarding the group e-mail to each individual address.
Creating an Alias
- Go to the GTS Tools Page. Click Lists under the e-mail heading on the left hand side of the browser window.
- Type in the name of your desired list in the window. The name can be anything, but is most often something descriptive of the group (i.e. chess-club). Click Create List.
- After you have created your list - edit the list by clicking on the list name under Your e-mail lists.
- Under "Recipients," add the email addresses of all those you wish on the list. If it is a Gustavus email address, you need only type their username (jdoe). If it is an email address from another domain, enter in the full address (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Adding Administrators. Administrative privileges allow other users to edit the list.
Course e-mail aliases
A list of e-mail aliases specifically for courses is available in the Gribly. There are also aliases for departmental majors and minors.