Gustavus Library Associates
Gustie Gourmet Recipe Format
Gustavus Library Associates have decided to do a "Gustie Gourmet II" cook book and are looking for everyone’s newest and best recipes.
Our Deadline is September 1
The following categories will be in the cookbook:
- slow cooker;
- breakfast, brunch and breads;
- sandwiches and Panini;
- main dishes;
- vegetables and side dishes;
- desserts and baked goods;
- quick and easy
- Gustavus fare.
Exceptional recipes are welcome in all categories, but we ESPECIALLY NEED recipes in the following categories:
- beverages, grilling, slow cooker, sandwiches and Panini, Scandinavian, and quick and easy.
Recipe writers—please help us by writing your recipes in a format that will be ready for the typist. THANKS!
- List ingredients first, in the order they will be used in the recipe.
- Capitalize first word of ingredient, as in "Juice of one large lemon". If ingredient begins with a numeral, write "1/2 cup fresh lemon juice"
- Spell all words completely, using no abbreviations for measurements, etc.
- Names of the specific type of cheese is capitalized. The word "cheese" is not capitalized, as Parmesan cheese.
- Include measurement of baking pans to be used where it matters.
- For oven dishes, please note if it is to be baked covered or uncovered.
- Leave two spaces between the list of ingredients and the directions.
- At bottom of recipe, write how many servings the recipe makes.
Please include your name and phone number, in case we have questions. Thank you, thank you, this will be a great help to the committee as it prepares recipes for the typist!
Please send recipes to:
2471 Robin Oak Ridge
Minnetonka, MN 55305
Gustie Gourmet II Cookbook Committee