Gustavus Web Services is a unit of Gustavus Technology Services.
Web Services exists to provide web-based solutions and support to the Gustavus community. The members of the unit develop and design feature-rich, user-friendly web-based applications and pages and then teach members of the Gustavus community how to use them. This means they write code, draw pictures, and talk with people about our code and pictures. However, Web Services also has their hands in projects that are not exactly part of the web, such as RSS and e-mail.
- Jerry Nowell, Director of Web Services
- Billy Visto, Lead Software Engineer
- Justin Holcomb, Web Developer
- Nick Dobie, Web Developer
- Chris Rog, Web Developer
- Travis Raines, Web Developer
- Patrick McDougle, Web Application Programmer
- Joe Lencioni, Associate Director of Software Engineering
- Ryan Rud, Web Application Programmer
- Jennifer Ringler, Web Communications Coordinator
- Jeremy Carlson, Academic Web Coordinator
- The Gustavus Homepage opened chapter 4 in Peter Morville and Louis Rosenfeld's Information Architecture for the World Wide Web, Third Edition (aka "the Polar Bear Book"), published by O'Reilly in November, 2006.
- Joe Lencioni, Jeremy Carlson, and Jennifer Ringler of Gustavus Web Services and Nick Huber and Tim Kennedy of Sports Information were honored with a Pride of CASE V Gold Award at the District V Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE) 30th Annual Conference in December, 2004 for their work on the Athletics website.
- 7 tips for successful student blogging
- "Click here" is bad
- Understanding CSS
- Web Advisory Board