2014 Exporing Luther's Reformation
Gustavus Study Tour in Germany and Poland
Costs and Inclusions
Cost of the tour is $4769 per person, based on double occupancy.
Single room additional fee $719
Land only cost and arrangements can be made by contacting Trans World Travel Laurie@transworldtravel.com.
Cost is based on a set number of travelers and may decrease slightly if actual number of travelers exceeds estimate and increase slighly if actual number of travelers is lower than estimate.
• $500 per person is due with reservation form
• Final payment is due on June 4, 2014.
All cancellations must be in writing and acknowledged by Trans World Travel (TWT). A $150.00 administrative fee will be assessed for any cancellation plus all costs in cancelling a passenger and all other penalties assessed by airlines, hotels, cruise lines, tour operators, attractions, motor coach companies, etc. PLUS the following:
1. Cancellations postmarked within 180 days of departure, penalty up to 10% of tour cost per person.
2. Cancellations postmarked within 120 days of departure, penalty up to 20% of tour cost per person.
3. Cancellations postmarked within 60 days of departure, penalty up to 50% of tour cost per person.
4. Cancellations postmarked within 45 days of departure, penalty 100% of tour cost per person.
Additionally, unless a replacement is found, a cancelling tour member will also be charged for the single supplement fee of one's noncancelling roommate.
In addition to these specified costs any airline penalties incurred are also non-refundable.
Gustavus retains the right to cancel the tour on June 1, 2014 if interest and participation levels are not high enough to support the cost of a group tour.
Only items listed in the tour brochure and website are included.
1. Airline transportation provided by scheduled air carrier (subject to change pending space availability at the time of group booking).
2. Transportation within Europe, including airport transfers, by modern deluxe motorcoach or other mode of transportation as listed in the Tour Itinerary.
3. Accommodations in excellent 3 and 4-star hotels that are chosen on the basis of location, cleanliness and services and, when possible, are typical of the local area, or the best accommodations available in a particular city. All rooms have private bath and toilet facilities.
4. Meals include daily breakfasts and five dinners.
5. Guided excursions, guided by licensed, professional guides as outlined in the day-by-day Tour Itinerary. Guides are also selected based upon experience, referral, knowledge and ability to deal with people.
6. Entrance fees are included to all museums and attractions listed in the day-by-day Tour Itinerary.
7. A full-time, multi-lingual Tour Manager will be with the group throughout the concert tour.
8. Pre-departure Travel Notes are available to each participant containing useful information about travel preparation, destination information, useful packing and cultural conditioning suggestions.
9. Printed Tour itineraries for each individual listing hotel addresses, telephone and fax numbers.
10. Tips to hotel personnel, restaurant personnel, and city guides are included. Tips to Tour Managers and motorcoach drivers are not included.
11. Flight bag and luggage tags.
1. Transportation to and from your home to the airport.
2. Difference between current and actual costs for the airline taxes and the estimated fuel surcharge, if applicable.
3. Tips to Tour Manager(s) and motorcoach driver(s).
4. Drinks at dinners.
5. Airline luggage fees or airlie porterage, if applicable (2nd checked bag, over weight/sized equipment).
6. Travel Visa for non-US passport holders or US passport costs.
7. Optional tours
8. Any other items of a personal nature
9. No responsibility is incurred by TWT for loss of or damage to baggage or any of the passenger's belongings.
Baggage, health and trip cancellation insurance is recommended.
An optional insurance plan is available. TWT strongly urges all tour members to have insurance in the event of illness or death occurring prior to departure. Also, medical insurance is urged since some insurance companies do not cover an individual while abroad. Please note that this insurance will not cover pre-existing conditions unless enrollment for the insurance is done within a specified number of days of TWT registering you for the tour. If you lose or don't receive this insurance information, immediately contact your tour host or the Trans World Travel office: (847) 432-
Round-trip in Economy Class. Individual seating requests cannot be guaranteed due to airline seating policies. TWT must have your legal name. Reissuance ticket fees are subject to the policies of the individual airline contracted for your tour.
Passengers not traveling on the group’s air itinerary are responsible for arranging their own transfers from their arrival airport to the group’s first hotel and from the group’s last hotel to their departure airport.
TWT shall hold all deposits in escrow for the benefit of TWT and the traveler and, subject to the General Conditions set forth in this agreement, shall not be an asset of TWT until so earned, or as set forth herein.
PARTIAL OR COMPLETE WITHDRAWAL AFTER TOUR BEGINS
Once the tour is in progress, no refund will be made for any unused portion of the tour.
CANCELLATION BY TWT
TWT reserves the right to cancel any tour prior to departure for any reason, including insufficient number of participants, in which case a full refund will be given. TWT also has the right to withdraw your membership at any time if your actions impose upon or disturb the other members of the tour. All additional costs to send a tour member home will be borne by
the tour member.
LEGAL / HEALTH DOCUMENTS
For international travel, all U.S. citizens must have a current passport with 6 months validity remaining from your return date. For certain countries you will also need a properly dated visa. These documents are your responsibility
and we urge you to apply for these documents as soon as possible. Smoking is prohibited aboard the motor coach.
Tour documents will be mailed approximately two weeks prior to departure. Documents
delayed because of late payment may require express shipment billed to recipient or C.O.D.
Occasionally, a change in a portion of your tour, accommodations, services, etc. may be necessitated due to: altered transportation schedules/equipment, weather conditions, labor strikes, road construction, or for other
unforeseen reasons outside the control of TWT. Any resultant expenses shall be borne by the passengers.
All rates in this brochure are based on applicable tariffs in effect at the time of printing. Tour price can be increased due to the occurrence of currency fluctuations, the increase in fuel, increase in air tickets, various taxes, or any other increase connected with the tour package. Any cancellation due to any of the above changes is subject to the cancellation
policy stated above.
Deviations from the group itinerary will be quoted separately and require completion of a"Request for Deviation" Form. Changes are subject to a TWT deviation fee of $100 per person plus any other travel related fees from airlines, hotels, etc.
Trans-World Travel, Inc.
734 Central Avenue
Highland Park, Il 60035
Phone (847) 432-2400
The responsibility of Trans-World Travel, Inc. (TWT) is strictly limited. As a tour operator, TWT organizes, promotes and sells tour programs consisting of certain travel services, including, but not limited to, surface transportation, sightseeing excursions and hotel accommodations which TWT purchases or reserves from various suppliers. The suppliers
providing travel services for TWT's tour programs are independent contractors and are not agents or employees of TWT or any subsidiary company. To the extent that TWT is involved in the sale of air transportation to you, TWT acts as an agent of the air carrier. For all other purposes, TWT does not act as agent for any party. TWT is not responsible for the willful or
negligent acts and / or omissions of such suppliers or any carrier or their respective employees, agents, servants or representatives including, without limitation, their failure to deliver or their partial or inadequate delivery of services. All coupons, receipts and tickets are issued subject to the terms and conditions specified by the suppliers and/or carriers. By
utilizing the travel service of the suppliers, you agree that neither TWT nor any subsidiary company or representative shall be liable for any accident, injury, property damage or personal loss to you or to those traveling with you in connection with any accommodations, transportation or other travel services or resulting directly or indirectly from any occurrences or conditions beyond its control, including, but not limited to, acts of terrorism, defects in vehicles, breakdown in equipment,
strikes, theft, delay or cancellation of or changes in itinerary or schedules.
These tour programs are planned in advance. If, between planning time and the actual tour operation, circumstances beyond TWT's control require changes, TWT reserves the right to vary itineraries and substitute components of tour
programs. Remember that all travel documents, as well as compliance with customs regulations, are your (the tour member's) responsibility. The payment of the required deposit or any other partial payment for a reservation on a tour
constitutes consent to all provisions of the conditions and general information contained in this brochure. The terms under which you agree to take these tours cannot be changed or amended except in writing signed by an authorized officer of TWT. TWT is not responsible for typographical errors or errors of omission.
For more information
For more information, contact Laurie DeVillers from Trans World Travel at Laurie@transworldtravel.com or by calling
the President's Office at 507-933-7538.