Gustie Greeters and Orientation Groups
Gustie Greeters are a group of fifty upperclass student leaders who plan, organize, and lead incoming students through New Student Orientation. Each Gustie Greeter leads activities, discussions, and events during the four day Orientation program, and continuing throughout the entire year. Gustie Greeters are resources, friends, mentors, and leaders on campus for incoming students. The Orientation program is designed to offer incoming students an easier transition to their new life at Gustavus. Gustie Greeters answer questions, provide support, organize activities to meet other new students, and generally help incoming students through the "bumps" college life can present.
Incoming students are divided into small groups of ten to fifteen students, and assigned to a Gustie Greeter. This group of students is also paired with a faculty member, administrator, or staff member to assist the Orientation group with discussions and activities all year long. Orientation groups are a wonderful way for incoming students to meet other new students.
Gustie Greeter Selection Process
- Monday, February 13: Gustie Greeter Open House from 7 - 8p.m. in The Dive
- Friday, February 17: Applications are due to the Campus Activities Office by 12p.m. Late applications are not accepted.
- Tuesday, February 21: Email notification will be sent of applicant status. The written application will determine who will be invited to participate in the group interview.
- Thursday, February 23: A required "group interview" for all invited applicants will be held at 7 or 8p.m. in Confer/Vickner Hall (applicants are assigned a time). If you do not attend, it will be assumed that your application is to be withdrawn from consideration.
- If you have an academic or varsity athletics conflict, please contact Cassandra Nelson by Wednesday, February 22 at x7598 or email@example.com. Missing the group interview may put you at a disadvantage in the process.
- Friday, February 24: Reference forms are due to the Campus Activities Office by 12p.m.
- Friday, February 24: Twenty-five candidates will be invited to participate in the final step of the selection process.
- February 27 - March 10: Individual interviews will be held for 25 finalists.
- Monday, March 13: Those interviewed will be notified of their final status through the P.O.s.
- Signed contracts must be returned to Campus Activities Office by March 24, 2017.
2016–2017 Greeter Staff
|First name||Last name||Year||Major||Hometown|
|Ehsan||Ali Asghar||Sophomore||Economics||Islamabad 44000, Pakistan|
|John||Baron||Senior||Communication Studies and Political Science||Eden Prairie, MN, USA|
|Brad||Basco||Senior||Psychological Science||Medina, MN|
|Avery||Bather||Senior||Music and Psychological Science||Golden Valley, Minnesota, United States|
|Karrin||Becker||Senior||Spanish and Sociology and Anthropology||Lakeville, MN, United States of America|
|Natasha||Behboudi||Senior||Psychological Science and Elementary Education||Minnetonka, MN|
|Lily||Benge Briggs||Senior||Art Education||Grantsburg, WI|
|Adam||Bogen||Sophomore||Political Science||Wausau, WI|
|Zachary||Brown||Senior||Biology and Mathematics||Cambridge, MN|
|Rachel||Bruch-Andersen||Junior||Communication Studies and Sociology and Anthropology||Hastings, MN, United States of America|
|Joe||Cella||Junior||Political Science and Computer Science||Moorhead, MN|
|Cara||Christiansen||Senior||Computer Science||North Mankato, MN, United States|
|Charlotte||Cowdery||Sophomore||No Declared Major||Minneapolis, MN, United States of America|
|Carolyn||Del Vecchio||Senior||Political Science||Saint Cloud, MN, United States|
|Michael||Greenberg||Junior||Health and Physical Ed Teaching||mora, mn|
|Mae||Grigsby||Junior||Elementary Education||Superior, CO|
|Emily||Gustafson||Senior||Nursing||Esko, MN, United States of America|
|Daniella||Habib||Sophomore||No Declared Major||Providence, RI, United States|
|Rachel||Hain||Senior||Communication Studies and Sociology and Anthropology||New Brighton, Minnesota|
|Camryn||Heckel||Sophomore||English||White Bear Lake, MN, United States of America|
|Morgan||Hubers||Senior||Public Accounting||Northfield, MN, United States|
|Callie||Johnson||Senior||Biology and Psychological Science||Detroit Lakes, MN, United States of America|
|Megan||Johnson||Senior||English and History||Blaine, MN, United States|
|Mara||Klipfel||Senior||Athletic Training and Exercise Physiology||Shakopee, Minnesota, United States of America|
|Miki||Mir||Junior||Biology||North Mankato, MN, United States|
|Emma||Myhre||Junior||Communication Studies and Theatre||Estherville, IA, United States|
|Nikki||Neequaye||Sophomore||No Declared Major||Bloomington, MN, United States of America|
|Cole||Nelson||Senior||Mathematics||Minneapolis, MN, United States of America|
|Tanner||Olson||Senior||Psychological Science||Horace, ND|
|Adam||Peters||Senior||Biology||Montevideo, MN, United States of America|
|Christine||Peterson||Senior||Duluth, MN, United States of America|
|Kelli||Poffenberger||Senior||Nursing||Big Lake, MN|
|Cameron||Reischauer||Senior||Social Studies Teaching||Zearing, IA, United States|
|Ben||Rorem||Junior||Physics||North Mankato, MN|
|Emily||Severson||Senior||Communication Studies||Marine on Saint Croix, MN, United States of America|
|Maggie||Swanson||Senior||Elementary Education||Deer River, MN, United States|
|Laura||Swenson||Senior||Public Accounting||Eagan, MN|
|Emily||Syverud||Senior||Biology and Spanish||Saint Paul, MN, United States of America|
|Joren||Tengesdal||Junior||Psychological Science||Appleton, Wisconsin, United States|
|Benissa||Uwamwiza||Junior||Public Accounting||kigali, Rwanda|
|Olivia||Ward||Junior||Management||Osceola, WI, United States of America|
|Jordan||Wiest||Senior||History||Le Sueur, MN, U.S.A.|