Wednesday, October 26, 2005 (Around 9 years ago)
- Monday, Nov. 21, 3:30 — Wine and Cheese in the Board Room
- Tuesday, Nov. 22, 8 — 9 am — Morning Coffee and Rolls — Faculty/Staff Lounge
- Parent Involvement — Partners, Not Enemies
Actual parent-faculty conversations about sons and daughters, with suggestions of what to say in light of FERPA and college confidentiality. How do we interpret FERPA? How is Gustavus responding to parent involvement? Bring your stories and questions. Please RSVP is you plan to attend, to firstname.lastname@example.org by November 15th.
- Monday, Feb. 13, 3:30 — Wine and Cheese in Linner
- Tuesday, Feb. 14, 8 — 9 a.m. — Morning Coffee and Rolls — Faculty/Staff Lounge
Who Are Those Students Sitting in Front of Us? Changing Realities in the Classroom Profiles. What scores don’t measure. Kinds of unusual situations and complicated backgrounds and communication with you from the Dean of Students Office, or the Disability Services Coordinator. What to do with what students tell you, about themselves, colleagues, etc. Resources for referral. Do we have to teach them how to behave, too?
- Monday, March 13, 3:30 — Wine and Cheese in Linner
- Tuesday, March 14, 8-9 a.m. — Morning Coffee and Rolls — Faculty/Staff Lounge
- Advising — More Than Approval for Registration
Welcoming students into the academy. Advisor awareness in teaching. Consideration for undeclared sophomores — we’re trying move them on to a major to lessen our advising loads just when they need us most…how to help — referrals. Watching for the student with potential for GUNISA attention. Major advising — academic experiences beyond the classroom. What it means to advise at a small, private, liberal arts college. Parent phone calls requesting confidential information.