Reference Librarians can assist you with government documents research questions.
For specialized assistance with government publications contact:
- Dan Mollner
- Government Documents Librarian
The Folke Bernadotte Library is a selective Federal Depository Library of United States Federal Government Publications. (See our Collection Development Policy for more information.) We serve the information needs of the Gustavus Adolphus College community as well as local community members. Related government websites include:
Collections, Resources, Websites, and Tools
- Search for federal government publications acquired by Gustavus from January 2001 and later. To limit your search to government publications only, go to the Advanced Keyword Search and set the Collection limit to one of the GOVDOCS options.
- Catalog of U.S. Government Publications
- Finding tool for federal publications that includes descriptive records for historical and current publications and provides direct links to those that are available online. Users can search by authoring agency, title, subject, and general key word, or click on "Advanced Search" for more options.
- Congressional Universe
- Index to congressional publications from 1970 to the present, legislative histories for public laws, testimony at congressional hearings, and biographical and committee information. Also allows searching of the Congressional Record and Federal Register. (Library subscription resource, Gustavus community only.)
- University of Minnesota Regional Depository Library
- Access resources and websites for various levels of state, federal, and international governments.
- The portal for the government of the United States providing access to services, topics, agencies, and contact information.
- Executive Branch
- Gateway to information about the President, Vice President, the Cabinet, the White House, and Executive departments, agencies, boards, and commissions.
- Legislative Branch
- Access the Congressional websites for the U.S. Senate and House of Representatives as well as supporting agencies and offices.
- Judicial Branch
- Find information about the U.S. Supreme Court, related special and lower courts, and organizations that support the Judicial Branch.
- A-Z Index of U.S. Government Departments and Agencies
- Exhaustive list of links to hundreds of departments and agencies of the United States government.
- U.S. Government Information by Topic
- Access U.S. government information related to subjects such as the Economy, Health, Education, Environment, Taxes, Science, Travel and many more.
- State and Territorial Government Sites
- Find links to the websites for the U.S. states and territories.
- Tribal Governments
- Explore information about tribal governments in the U.S. and find additional resources related to Native Americans.
- Legislative information from the Library of Congress.
- Access statistical information by topic and agency for the United States.
- Minnesota North Star
- Gateway to Minnesota state government information and services. Look for information about businesses and jobs, education, social services, health and safety, transportation, natural resources, and travel and leisure.
- Executive Branch - Office of the Governor
- Access the offices of the Governor and Lieutenant Governor and other information related to Minnesota's Executive Branch.
- Legislative Branch - Minnesota State Legislature
- Explore information about the House and Senate for the state of Minnesota and search for bills, statutes, laws, rules, etc.
- Judicial Branch - Minnesota Judicial Branch
- Find information about the various levels of court in Minnesota, including the Supreme Court, as well as information about other programs and services related to the Judicial Branch.
- United Nations
- Gateway to United Nations information including topics focused on peace and security, human rights, development, humanitarian efforts, and international laws.
- Foreign Government Websites (from Northwestern University Library)
- Links to official government websites for countries around the world including ministries, parliaments, courts, assemblies, commissions, departments, councils, banks, etc.
- Access to United Nations statistical databases through a single entry point.