Gustavus Running Camp
Boys and Girls (Grade 7 – 12)
Session 1 – Sunday, June 14th – Thursday, June 18th
Session 2 – Sunday, June 21st – Thursday, June 25th
Please check enrollment availability at GustavusRunningCamp.com
The Gustavus Running Camp is now going into its 6th year. Due to increased enrollment the Gustavus Running Camp has added a second session! This will allow the camp to continue to work with smaller numbers so each camper receives more one on one attention. The Gustavus Running Camp is designed to broaden each athlete’s knowledge of running and motivate each person to perform his or her best, while coming away with the feeling of being a part of the team!
- Enrollment: 35 campers per session. Our camp is open to young men and women entering grades 7-12 this coming 2015-2016 school year.
- Arrival and Departure: Camp Registration is from 2-3 PM on Sunday. Camp will end on Thursday at 11 AM.
- What to bring? Campers should bring running shoes, workout clothes, towel, toiletries, swimming suit, water bottle and a fan. Bedding is provided.
- Expectation for runners to be ready to run between 15-40 miles during camp.
- Focus of the camp is to set goals, network, explore each individual’s running potential and have fun in the process.
- Olympic Gold Medalist to speak about the “Road to Success” during Session 1
- Olympic Marathon Trials competitor to speak at both sessions
- Each camper will receive an authentic running camp T-shirt.
- Campers will eat in the nationally recognized Gustavus dining service.
- A personalized training program with handouts of information covered during the camp.
- Camp Counselors will be Gustavus XC athletes/alumni
Topics To Be Covered
- Mid-distance Training and Racing Techniques
- Long distance Training and Racing Techniques
- Steeple Chase
- Diet and Nutrition
- Visualizing and Mental Imagery
- Injury Prevention and Injury Identification
- Strength Training for Runners
- Goal Setting
- Cross Training
- Dynamic Warm-up and Flexibility Drills
Running Camp will be conducted by
- Gustavus Head Coach Dale Bahr - Bahr has worked with many All-Conference and All-American runners at Gustavus Adolphus College. Bahr is former NCAA Division II 800 Meter Champion and multi-All-American.
- Gustavus Assistant Coach Brenden Huber - Huber is a former South Dakota All-State cross-country runner and competed for the University of South Dakota.
- The Cost will be $385 for the week. A non-refundable $50 is to be sent in with the application by Friday, June 5th for session 1 or by Friday, June 12th for session 2.
- Please make checks payable to Gustavus Running Camp.
- You can also register online @ GustavusRunningCamp.com w/$20 credit card fee
- Groups: $15 off per runner—2 or more from same school (send registrations together)
- Family: $20 off per runner—2 or more from same family
For More Information, Contact:
Dale Bahr (507)340-2237 (cell)
Or email: firstname.lastname@example.org