Trip/Event Planning TimelineBelow is a timeline for transportation needs that can be used to help plan your trip and ensure vehicle reservation proceeds smoothly. This timeline is also available for download or print.
Assess the number of people to be transported, and the date(s) the vehicle(s) will be needed.
Vehicles available from the Gustavus Motor Pool:
- Cars — 4-5 people
- Minivans — 7 people
- 8-Person Vans — Smaller cargo-type van that accommodates eight people
- 10-Person Vans* — Cargo-type vans that can accommodate up to 10 people
* Special Gustavus certification is needed to drive these vehicles. Training is available at no charge through the Campus Safety office.
The Motor Pool Coordinator can help figure out the most economical combination of vehicles to fit the spatial needs for your trip depending on the availability.
Rates for the 2013-14 academic year:
- Cars: $0.58/mile
- Vans: $0.64/mile
Reserve vehicles as soon as possible for best selection and availability — the Motor Pool Office operates on a first come, first served basis.
Contact the Motor Pool Office by dialing "0" (on-campus) or via e-mail at email@example.com with the following information:
- Day and date(s) the trip will take place
- Time of departure & return
- Number of people to transport
- Department, organization and/or event name
- Contact person and number at which they can be reached
Two weeks before the event (if applicable)
Reassess the number of people to be transported and your vehicle needs. Make any significant changes with the Motor Pool Office.
One week before the event (if applicable)
- Confirm and adjust needs with the Motor Pool Office
- Complete the vehicle authorization invoice forms for each vehicle. Information required
- Department or organization name
- Day, date and time-frame of the event
- Place of travel
- Account number
- Signature of the department/organization chair or advisor
Keys are issued Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Keys may be picked up 1 or 2 days prior to the trip, depending on key availability.
Note: Should your reservation begin after 4 p.m. on Friday but before 8 a.m. on Monday, you will need to pickup your keys before 4 p.m on the preceding Friday.
- Record ending mileage
- Complete and leave the 2-part from on the seat of the vehicle
- Remove personal items and trash from the vehicle
- Lock the vehicle
- Keys can be dropped in the drop box on the pole near the trash can
Follow the instructions given for special events regarding key packages and mileage logs. Completed key packages and mileage logs should be returned to the Motor Pool Office within two days of the conclusion of the event.