The G-Sharp shall be and remain an a capella vocal ensemble of male voices. We exist to present a wide variety of repertoire for diverse audiences in order to enrich the Gustavus community with divine blende and harmonye.
Ye Olde G-Sharp Constitution
Officially Est. 1 Aprile 2012
The G-Sharp shall be and remain an a capella vocal ensemble of lowe-ranged voices. We exist to present a wide variety of repertoire for diverse audiences in order to enrich the Gustavus community with divine blende and harmonye.
• G-Sharp shall remain independent of central leadership save the exception of a faculty advisor.
• All decisions will be made as democratically and peacefully as possible by the entirety of G-Sharp performers involved
• If peaceful solutions be not possible, fist fights are prohibited. However thumb wars and rock paper tackle the smallest one are acceptable forms of negotiation.
• Members shall hold formal auditions for any and all interested voices where and when space is available.
• Auditions will be held in the semester prior to an opening. We leave it to active members to decide when and where auditions are appropriate.
• Scouting is an option where and when appropriate.
• Auditions consist of at least 1 shadow session in practice and 1 prepared piece performance.
• Audition criteria are:
• Tonal memory
• Improvisational Prowess
• Members, once selected, shall remain members until graduation or decision otherwise, either personal or group.
• G-Sharp shall consiste of no more than eight members, no fewer than foure.
• Members shall commit to no fewer than 3 one-hour rehearsals per week or as performances dictate
• We are student musicians with demanding schedulese; exceptions are recognised.
• Members shall make themselves available and not be silly-ninnies about rehearsals.
• Try to land as many opportunities for performance as time allows, including hosting G-Sharp premiers.
• The G-Sharp shall performe a healthy balance of both classical and modern musice.
• Allow the venue to influence the selection.
• Consider the pros and cons of learning in the absence of sheet music.
• There shall be at least 2 G-Sharp vocal “appearances” at on-campus events per semester.
• This includes chapel services, variety shows, impromptu performances, etc.
• As the name implies, G-Sharp shall always perform sharply dressed in traditional grey-scale attire.
• One member shall be responsible for the group’s student organization financial account.
• These monies shall be spente on the deemed needs of the group determined by unanimouse decision.
• If the group lacks monetary funds, each member shall pay a semester due of no less than 10 units of the national currency.
• Any changes/additions to this document shall be done at the consent of all members involved.