SAVE (Student Athlete Volunteer Educators)
- Student Organization Name
- SAVE (Student Athlete Volunteer Educators)
- Academic / Honorary
- Statement Of Purpose/ Mission
- SAVE is a group of Gustie Athletes who are devoted to educating their fellow athletes on healthy lifestyle choices. As a Student Athlete Volunteer Educator, you will help other athletes make healthy choices by providing them with information, serving as a resource when they face pressures, leading by example, and providing programming regarding a variety of topics. Mission: 1. To create, design, and implement programs that will encourage academic achievement, healthy promotion, social responsibility and general life skills among student-athletes. 2. To assist first year athletes with the adjustment process of being a college athlete and educate all student athletes about the resources that are available to them. 3. To raise the awareness of healthy lifestyles amongst the Gustavus athletic community through a variety of media campaigns.
- Article I Name The name of this group shall be the Gustavus Adophus College Student Athlete Volunteer Educators (SAVE). Article II Purpose Community, justice, service, faith, and excellence, are the pillars that form the Gustavus tradition. For student athletes, that means exhibiting your finest in the athletic arena and in the classroom—no easy task. Such fortitude can sometimes lead to pressures and problems that only other student athletes can understand, and relate to. That's where the SAVE (Student Athlete Volunteer Educators) program will help. SAVE is a group of Gustie Athletes who are devoted to educating their fellow athletes on healthy lifestyle choices. SAVE athletes help other athletes make healthy choices by providing them with information, serving as a resource when they face pressures, and by leading by example. Article III Membership SAVE accepts applications from any varsity and junior varsity athletes at Gustavus Adolphus College interested in applying. Fifteen members are chosen each Spring by the SAVE members and the Advisor. Section 1 Qualifications Minimum requirements for Gustavus SAVE membership are: 1). Current membership of a recognized varsity or junior varsity intercollegiate sport. 2). Full-time student status, or a student finishing degree requirements with a minimum GPA of 3.0 3). A 2nd semester freshman residency status. 4). Desire to facilitate growth of Student Athletes. Article IV Meetings Meetings will be held once per week during the academic year. Dates, times, and location of said meetings will be determined by the SAVE membership. Section 1 Attendance Policy SAVE members are expected to attend each meeting. Excused absences are acceptable but must be cleared with the Advisor in advance of the meeting. Article V Executive Committee The Executive Committee of the organization shall be President, Vice-President, Secretary, and Treasurer. Only official SAVE representatives are eligible for Executive Committee appointment. Section 1 Duties President a). Presides over meetings. b). Functions as spokesperson for SAVE. c). Performs all duties as are incidental to the office and which are required of the office by the organization Vice-President a). Presides over meetings in the absence of the President. b). Exercises all the functions of the office of the President in the absence of the President. c). Performs all duties as are incidental to the office and which are required of the office by the organization Secretary a). Keep written records of all SAVE general meetings and Executive Committee meetings. b). Responsible for all correspondence relevant to the SAAB. c). Performs all duties as are incidental to the office and which are required of the office by the organization Treasurer a). Handle all financial matters of SAVE and keep accurate records of said matters. b). Act as the liaison to the Gustavus Adolphus College Student Senate Finance Committee. c). Performs all duties as are incidental to the office and which are required of the office by the organization Section 2 Election to Office Voting for Executive Committee officers will take place annually at the last regularly scheduled April SAVE meeting. Officer elections will consist of a nomination process, elections, and run-off elections if necessary. Section 3 Terms of Office The term of appointment for each Executive Committee position shall be one (1) year (Fall – Spring). Executive Committee members may run for re-election as long as they fulfill the general SAVE membership requirements. Section 4 Removal from Office In the event an officer is judged to be deficient in his/her duties (as determined by a unanimous agreement of the remaining executive officers and advisor), he/she may be removed by a two-thirds vote of the active organization membership. The advisor shall oversee the process of removal from office. Article VI Standing Committees The Executive Committee will determine standing committees on an as needed basis. Article VII Voting 1). All SAVE members are eligible to vote. 2). The SAVE President has the express power and authority to grant attendance rule exceptions to those representatives whose absence is the result of an official varsity sport activity or academic obligation. 3). Motions will be passed with a simple majority vote except for amendments to the constitution.
- No other affiliation
- Application Type
Role Organization Title Full Name Advisor Assistant Athletic Director for Student Athlete Services Kari Eckheart firstname.lastname@example.org Secretary Kaitlyn Bicek email@example.com Member Matthew Carlson firstname.lastname@example.org Member Jacob Forcier Member Heather Goff email@example.com Vice President Kelsey Harms firstname.lastname@example.org President Ali Hoffman email@example.com Treasurer Tyler Jakes firstname.lastname@example.org Member Matthew Keller email@example.com Risk Manager Jacob Kohl firstname.lastname@example.org Member Laurel Krebsbach email@example.com Member Emily Reibert firstname.lastname@example.org Member Blake Schammel email@example.com Member Julie Sohre firstname.lastname@example.org Member Elizabeth Strom email@example.com