The Yellow Sheet for December 18
Volume 41, Number 15
Volume 41, Number 15
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Thank Yous
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
IRS Announces New Mileage Rate... The IRS has announced that the optional business standard mileage rate will be 55 cents beginning January 1, 2009. The rate had been 58.5 cents per mile for the period from July 1, 2008, through Dec. 31, 2008. A reimbursement to employees up to this rate for qualifying use of their own vehicles will meet the requirements of an accountable plan for reimbursement of employee business expenses.
Donations for the St. Peter Area Food Shelf... St. Peter Area Food Shelf donations will again be accepted at this year's Support Staff Holiday Luncheon on Friday, Dec. 19. Bring any items you wish to donate with you to the luncheon—non-perishable food items, personal care items, and monetary donations are all appreciated.
Parking during the Holiday Break... Regular parking will be enforced for the duration of the holiday break. Employees should park in Green permit parking, and Red and Yellow parking will be closed for snow removal.
Vehicles left unattended over Christmas recess must be parked in the gravel parking lot north of Southwest Hall, or the gravel lot west of the music building. Vehicles left in Red or Yellow parking lots will be towed at the owner's expense.
Any employee vehicles left overnight need to be parked in designated Green permit overnight parking in the Stadium Lot. Please contact Safety and Security (x8809) if you have any questions.
E-Reserves... Although it may seem premature to be thinking about the January Interim with fall semester just drawing to a close, remember to get your e-reserves for January to Sonja Timmerman in the library as soon as you can. The quicker she gets them, the quicker they get posted! Sonja adds, "If you're really ahead of the ball game, I'm also able to post spring semester readings."
Health and Wellness Working Group's Report Available for Review... The draft report and recommendations from the Health and Wellness Working Group are now available for review on the Web. The password-protected link is: https://gustavus.edu/provost/strategicdirections/workinggroupreports.php. Thanks to all members of the working group and especially to Heather Dale, Karl Larson, and Kari Eckheart, who served as chairs.
YS Publication Notice... This is the last Yellow Sheet of the fall semester. The YS will not be published again until Jan. 8, 2009.
Archives Display... A display mounted by Jeff Jenson (archives) near the reference desk in the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library features the life work of Claire Hobart (1914-1993), a 1935 Gustavus graduate who was blind. Hobart devoted his life to spreading the gospel through song and teaching blind students in Laredo, Texas. Displayed materials include photographs, clippings, song books, poetry, and hymns from the Claire Hobart collection of songs and poems held by the College Archives. More information about Hobart is contained in the collection's finding aid, which may be found online at gustavus.edu/academics/library/archives/CAMC0019.php.
Carrie Newcomer Returns to Gustavus... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection, the week of Jan. 12-16. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in these events as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop with Carrie Newcomer in Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation with Carrie Newcomer" lunch at President’s Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail email@example.com.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch at the Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the January Interim course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion of what it can mean to live an undivided life of purpose and connection to our community. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Keep Moving... The Pulse Training and Fitness Studio (in the woolen mill building just east of the St. Peter Food Co-op; 934-1157 or thepulsefitness.com) is offering a dance remix class on Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m. The cost is only $2 per student and $5 for adults. Dance remix is a 60-minute class that includes a variety of hip-hop, salsa, and more to keep you moving. Also, students are invited to come to a free 30-minute Boot Camp class, Monday, Dec. 22, at 5:15 p.m. Students who come to Monday's class can enter their names in a drawing for a free one-month membership.
Chad Winterfeldt (music) participated in an Olivier Messiaen centenary celebration presented by the Twin Cities Chapter of the American Guild of Organists on Nov. 29 at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis. Thirteen members of the chapter performed individual movements from Messiaen's La Nativité du Seigneur, as well as other works by the celebrated 20th-century composer, on the recently restored 82-rank Wicks pipe organ.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
- Anna Deike, graphic designer/production manager (marketing and communication)
New Support Staff
- William Kastens, part-time custodian (physical plant)
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Seminars and Institutes... Each year NEH offers college and university faculty opportunities to study humanities topics in a variety of summer seminars and institutes. All faculty members selected to participate in a seminar or institute will be awarded a fixed stipend of $2,000 (2 weeks), $2,600 (3 weeks), $3,200 (4 weeks), $3,800 (5 weeks), or $4,200 (6 weeks) to help cover the costs of travel, books and other research expenses, and living expenses. The dates and duration of each project along with application information are listed at http://neh.gov//projects/si-university.html. The application deadline is March 2, 2009. Applications and requests for expanded program information should be submitted to the directors of the chosen program.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The St. Cloud Times printed an opinion piece on Wednesday, Dec. 3, written by Gustavus students Aliza Henning, Andi Eglinton, and Ashley Debilzen about genocide in Darfur.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Wednesday, Dec. 10, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- WCCO, KARE-11, KSTP-Channel 5, and KEYC-TV ran stories on their Wednesday, Dec. 10, newscasts about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Al Molde (athletics) and Haugen were quoted in the story.
- The Star Tribune printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Haugen was quoted in the story.
- The St. Paul Pioneer Press printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- KFAN 1130-AM announced the hiring of Peter Haugen in its sports updates on Thursday, Dec. 11.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Thursday, Dec. 11, front-page story and two color photos about St. Lucia. Brian Johnson (chaplains' office) and students Sarah Cartwright, Megan Myhre, Amber Kirk, and Rachel Schmitt were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story and photo in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Currents section about the Michael Johnson concert.
- KEYC-TV ran a story about Rachel Schmitt being crowned St. Lucia on its Thursday, Dec. 11, newscasts. Schmitt was interviewed for the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on Friday, Dec. 12, about campus reaction to the hiring of Peter Haugen as head football coach. Student-athlete Hamada Omar was quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed two color photos on the front page of its Friday, Dec. 12, Valley section about the crowning of St. Lucia. The Free Press also posted a photo gallery from the ceremony on its website.
- Jeff Owen (economics & management) was quoted in a Friday, Dec. 12, Chicago Sun Times article about the financial impact of Chicago hosting the Olympics. The article was also printed in the Southtown Star.
- The Southern Minnesota SportZone printed stories about the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the men’s and women’s hockey teams in its Winter 2008-09 edition.
- New head football coach Peter Haugen (athletics) appeared on WCCO Radio’s Sports Tonight show with host Steve Thompson on Monday, Dec. 15.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or email@example.com).
Special Office and Facility Hours during the Break... Due to the way the Christmas and New Year holidays fall this year and the application of five floating holidays, the College will be officially closed Dec. 22-26, 2008, and Jan. 1 and 2, 2009. Administrative offices will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31, with the following exceptions reported in time for inclusion in the YS:
- The Office of Human Resources will be open Dec. 29 and 30 and closed on Dec. 31.
- Printing Services will be closed Dec. 29-31 (effectively from Dec. 20 to Jan. 4).
- Academic buildings will be locked at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, and will remain locked until 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 5. (Students requiring access to academic buildings during this period will need to have a "Permission for Admittance Card" issued by a faculty or staff member.)
- The Book Mark will be open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
- The Market Place and Dining Room close at 6 p.m. tonight (Thursday, Dec. 18) and will remain closed through Saturday, Jan. 3, reopening at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 4.
- Courtyard Café hours: Thursday, Dec. 18 - 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 19 - 8-10:30 a.m.; Saturday, Dec. 20-Sunday, Dec. 28 - CLOSED; Monday, Dec. 29-Wednesday, Dec. 31 - 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 1-Sunday, Jan. 4 - CLOSED.
- The Library will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 19, 29, 30, and 31. Interlibrary loan requests submitted over the holiday break (effectively Dec. 19, 2008-Jan. 4, 2009) will not be processed until Monday, Jan. 5. Please plan accordingly for delays. If you have questions or concerns about possible delays, please contact the library or e-mail Sonja Timmerman.
- Lund Center will be open until 8 p.m. today (Thursday, Dec. 18), from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 19, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 20. Following the break, the building will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Dec. 29 and 30 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Dec. 31. The pool will be open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Dec. 19 and 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
Benefit Response... From Pat Stevensen (telecommunications): "Thank you! The overwhelming generosity of the Gustavus community toward my husband and myself has been wonderful. You are truly my extended family! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
||Men's Track & Field at Drake Relayshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-track-field-at-drake-relays/41400Des Moines, Iowa|
|All day||Women's Track & Field at Drake Relayshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-track-field-at-drake-relays/41409Des Moines, Iowa|
|Today 6:30–7:20 am||GHP-Cardio Mix with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-cardio-mix-with-brenda-haugen-3/40841Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8 am to 2 pm||"Theology + Graduate School = Possible?"https://gustavus.edu/calendar/theology-graduate-school-possible/41243Luther Seminary (St. Paul, MN)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-66/41532Christ Chapel|
|2:30–3:30 pm||Parking Forumhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/parking-forum-2/41645Alumni Hall|
|2:30–7:30 pm||Baseball hosts St. Olaf College (DH - Non-Conference)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/baseball-hosts-st-olaf-college-dh-non-conference/40396St. Peter, Minn.|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-megan/40912Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4:30–7:30 pm||Women's Tennis at St. Olaf Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-tennis-at-st-olaf-college-3/40348Northfield, Minn.|
|5–5:45 pm||Study Abroad Returnee Session: "Going Abroad Again"https://gustavus.edu/calendar/study-abroad-returnee-session-going-abroad-again/41680Linner Lounge - Johnson Student Union|
|5–6 pm||Insanity (HMC class) with Carriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/insanity-hmc-class-with-carrie-2/40960Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Yoga (HMC class) with Lindsayhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-hmc-class-with-lindsay/41013Lund Gymnastics Room|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Paigehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-paige-3/40759Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8–9:30 pm||Guest Speaker: Arn Chorn-Pondhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/guest-speaker-arn-chorn-pond/41568Alumni Hall|
||Second Annual Nuss Young Alumni Challengehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/second-annual-nuss-young-alumni-challenge/41540Online|
||Gustavus Philanthropy Weekhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-philanthropy-week/39023Gustavus Adolphus College Campus|
|Tomorrow All day||Withdraw Deadlinehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/withdraw-deadline-3/27281Gustavus Campus|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-67/41533Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Yoga with Kelly Hollandhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-yoga-with-kelly-holland-2/40854Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Exemplary Leadership - Mastering Self-Leadershiphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-exemplary-leadership-mastering-self-leadership/41091Beck 117|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Self Leadership - Personal Brandinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-self-leadership-personal-branding-4/41099Beck 101|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Servant Leadership - Stewardshiphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-servant-leadership-stewardship-4/41083Beck 119|
|2:30–4:30 pm||Faculty Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-meeting-23/38558Alumni Hall|
|4–6 pm||Gustie Cup Floor Hockeyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-cup-floor-hockey/41693Lund Center Forum|
|4:30–7 pm||Faculty Shop Talkhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-shop-talk-37/40113Interpretive Center|
|7–9 pm||Weekend Movie: Herhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-her/41216Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|7–9:30 pm||Celebrating Philanthropy Dinnerhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/celebrating-philanthropy-dinner/41152Evelyn Young Dining Room|
|7:30–9:30 pm||Dan Leifermann, Student Trumpet Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/dan-leifermann-student-trumpet-recital/40542Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–9 pm||Mendacity - Rob Ward and Comfort Dolohttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/mendacity-rob-ward-and-comfort-dolo/41614The Black Box - Fine Arts Center|
||Weekend Movie: The Lego Moviehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-lego-movie/41607Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Tomorrow at 11 pm to Apr 26 at 1 am||Dive Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/dive-dance-6/41203The Dive|
||Greek Weekhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/greek-week/41232Gustavus Campus|
|Apr 26 All day||Men's Track & Field hosts Drake Alternative/Alumni Meethttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-track-field-hosts-drake-alternative-alumni-meet/41401St. Peter, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Track & Field hosts Drake Alternative/Alumni Meethttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-track-field-hosts-drake-alternative-alumni-meet/41410St. Peter, Minn.|
||Men's Golf at Saint John's Spring Invitationalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-golf-at-saint-john-s-spring-invitational-3/40574St. Cloud, Minn. & Monticello, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Golf at Carleton Invitationalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-golf-at-carleton-invitational-4/40579Northfield, Minn.|
|Apr 26 9:30 am to 3 pm||2014 Student Leadership Dayhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/2014-student-leadership-day/41465Beck Hall, The Dive|
|10:45 am to 3 pm||GACAC Faith Conferencehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gacac-faith-conference/41432Christ Chapel and Alumni Hall|
|noon to 3 pm||Men's Tennis hosts Carleton Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-hosts-carleton-college/40344St. Peter, Minn.|
|1–5 pm||Softball at Hamline University (DH)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/softball-at-hamline-university-dh-2/40382St. Paul, Minn.|
|1:30–3:30 pm||Katie Landreville, bassoon, and Anthony Afful, oboe, Joint Student Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/katie-landreville-bassoon-and-anthony-afful-oboe-joint-student-recital/40543Bjorling Recital Hall|
|3–5 pm||Gustie Cup Capture the Flaghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-cup-capture-the-flag/41694Linnaeus Arboretum|
|3–6 pm||Women's Tennis hosts University of St. Thomashttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-tennis-hosts-university-of-st-thomas/40365St. Peter, Minn.|
|3:30–5 pm||Dempsey Schroeder Senior Viola Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/dempsey-schroeder-senior-viola-recital/41506Bjorling Recital Hall|
|5:30–7:30 pm||Weekend Movie: The Lego Moviehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-lego-movie-2/41608Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|6:30–7:30 pm||The World of the Brothers Grimm - Kaitlyn McElrathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-world-of-the-brothers-grimm-kaitlyn-mcelrath/41561The Dive|
|6:30–11 pm||Diversity Awards Banquethttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/diversity-awards-banquet-4/41567Alumni Hall|
|7:30–9:30 pm||Nick Mason, Senior Trumpet Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/nick-mason-senior-trumpet-recital/40544Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–9 pm||Mendacity - Rob Ward and Comfort Dolohttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/mendacity-rob-ward-and-comfort-dolo/41615The Black Box - Fine Arts Center|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Herhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-her/41217Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Apr 27 10 am to 1 pm||Men's Tennis hosts University of St. Thomashttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-hosts-university-of-st-thomas/40345St. Peter, Minn.|
|11:30 am to 12:30 pm||The World of the Brothers Grimm - Kaitlyn McElrathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-world-of-the-brothers-grimm-kaitlyn-mcelrath/41562The Dive|
|1:30–3:30 pm||Chris Allen, Senior Bass Trombone Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/chris-allen-senior-bass-trombone-recital/40545Bjorling Recital Hall|
|2–3 pm||Mendacity - Rob Ward and Comfort Dolohttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/mendacity-rob-ward-and-comfort-dolo/41616The Black Box - Fine Arts Center|
|2–4 pm||Weekend Movie: Herhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-her/41218Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|3–5 pm||Gustie Cup Soccerhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-cup-soccer/41695Practice Soccer Field (if nice weather) or Lund (if raining)|
|3–5 pm||The Gustavus Choir with Philip Brunelle's VocalEssence in Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-gustavus-choir-with-philip-brunelle-s-vocalessence-in-concert/40546Bethel University's Benson Great Hall|
|3:30–5:30 pm||Aleksi Moran, Student Piano Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/aleksi-moran-student-piano-recital/40514Bjorling Recital Hall|
|5–6 pm||Worship Service of Holy Communionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/worship-service-of-holy-communion-5/41237Christ Chapel|
|6:30–7:30 pm||The World of the Brothers Grimm - Kaitlyn McElrathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-world-of-the-brothers-grimm-kaitlyn-mcelrath/41563The Dive|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Paigehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-paige-3/40745Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–9:30 pm||The Choir of Christ Chapel Home Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-choir-of-christ-chapel-home-concert-5/40516Christ Chapel|
|8–9 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Hayleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-hayley-3/41028Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Apr 28 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-68/41534Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Yoga with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-yoga-with-brenda-haugen-2/40801Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:40–1:20 pm||GHP-Zumba with Jill VanOsdolhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-zumba-with-jill-vanosdol-2/40814Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–7:30 pm||Baseball hosts Martin Luther College (DH)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/baseball-hosts-martin-luther-college-dh/40397St. Peter, Minn.|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HMC class) with Kelseyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hmc-class-with-kelsey/41000Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–6 pm||Cardio Dance Conditioning (HMC class) with Samarahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-conditioning-hmc-class-with-samara/40889Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–7 pm||Take Back the Nighthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/take-back-the-night-7/41628Beck 111|
|6:30–10:30 pm||Softball vs. College of St. Scholastica (DH) (University of Minnesota)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/softball-vs-college-of-st-scholastica-dh-university-of-minnesota/40383Minneapolis, Minn.|
|7–8:30 pm||Shelly Tochlukhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/shelly-tochluk/41177Alumni Hall|
|7–9 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-4/41624The Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|Apr 29 7–8 am||Insanity (HMC class) with Hannahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/insanity-hmc-class-with-hanna/40974Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-69/41535Christ Chapel|
|10:30–11:30 am||Open Enrollment Meeting for Medical Insurance Onlyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/open-enrollment-meeting-for-medical-insurance-only-2/41687Heritage Room|
|1:30–2:30 pm||Open Enrollment Meeting for Medical Insurance Onlyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/open-enrollment-meeting-for-medical-insurance-only-2/41688Heritage Room|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-megan/40913Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–5 pm||Coca Cola Educational Partnership Grant Receptionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/coca-cola-educational-partnership-grant-reception-2/41507Heritage Banquet Room|
|6–7 pm||La mesa de españolhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/la-mesa-de-espa-ol/41461Cafeteria|
|6–8:30 pm||Chicago Chapter Eventhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/chicago-chapter-event-2/40934Tavern at the Park, Chicago, IL|
|7–8 pm||Step Interval (HMC class) With Cassiehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-interval-hmc-class-with-cassie/40773Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Tai Chi in the Arbhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tai-chi-in-the-arb-3/41617Linnaeus Arboretum Interpretive Center, Gustavus Adolphus College|
|8–9 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Hayleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-hayley-3/41042Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Apr 30 All day||MAYDAY!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/mayday-3/35171Christ Chapel/Alumni Hall|
|All day||Men's Track & Field at MSU Twilighthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-track-field-at-msu-twilight/41402Mankato, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Track & Field at MSU Twilighthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-track-field-at-msu-twilight/41411Mankato, Minn.|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Bootcamp with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-bootcamp-with-brenda-haugen-3/40828Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–7:30 pm||Baseball hosts Carleton College (DH)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/baseball-hosts-carleton-college-dh-2/40398St. Peter, Minn.|
|4–5 pm||Cardio Strength (HMC class) with Carrie and Maggiehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-strength-hmc-class-with-carrie-and-maggie/40948Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Sculpt (HMC class) with Ashleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-sculpt-hmc-class-with-ashley/40987Lund Gymnastics Room|
|7–9 pm||Zeta Chi Phi Recruitment Event (Mean Girls Movie Night)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zeta-chi-phi-recruitment-event-mean-girls-movie-night/41711Beck 301|
|9–11 pm||Swing Dancinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/swing-dancing-11/41311Alumni Hall|
|Apr 22 to May 1 All day||Fall Registrationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fall-registration-9/27342Gustavus Campus|
|May 1 All day||Gustavus Student Life Conferencehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-life-conference/41599Jackson Campus Center|
||MIAC Multi'shttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/miac-multi-s/41403Northfield, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Track & Field at MIAC Multi'shttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-track-field-at-miac-multi-s/41412Northfield, Minn.|
|May 1 6:30–7:20 am||GHP-Cardio Mix with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-cardio-mix-with-brenda-haugen-3/40842Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-megan/40914Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–6 pm||Insanity (HMC class) with Carriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/insanity-hmc-class-with-carrie-2/40961Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–8 pm||Phi Beta Kappa Induction Ceremonyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/phi-beta-kappa-induction-ceremony-3/39409St. Peter Room|
|7–8 pm||Yoga (HMC class) with Lindsayhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-hmc-class-with-lindsay/41014Lund Gymnastics Room|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Paigehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-paige-3/40760Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
||Men's Track & Field at Meet of the UnSaintlyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-track-field-at-meet-of-the-unsaintly/41404St. Paul, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Track & Field at Meet of the UnSaintlyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-track-field-at-meet-of-the-unsaintly/41413St. Paul, Minn.|
||Books in Bloomhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/books-in-bloom-5/41143Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library|
|May 2 11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Yoga with Kelly Hollandhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-yoga-with-kelly-holland-2/40855Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Exemplary Leadership - Leadership for Everyonehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-exemplary-leadership-leadership-for-everyone/41092Beck 117|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Self Leadership - Capstone & Self Reviewhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-self-leadership-capstone-self-review-2/41100Beck 101|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Servant Leadership - Capstone Classhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-servant-leadership-capstone-class/41084Beck 119|
|2:30–5 pm||Sigma Xi Symposiumhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/sigma-xi-symposium-11/41700Nobel Hall of Science, Rooms 201 and 222|
|5–7 pm||Celebration of Creative Inquiryhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/celebration-of-creative-inquiry-8/38951Banquet Room C - St. Peter Banquet Room|
|6–7:30 pm||Bollywood Workshophttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/bollywood-workshop/41627Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–9 pm||The Woodwind Chamber Ensembles Spring Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-woodwind-chamber-ensembles-spring-concert/40641Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–10 pm||Grace: The Gustavus Dance Company in Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/grace-the-gustavus-dance-company-in-concert/39279Anderson Theatre|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: American Hustlehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-american-hustle/41219Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
||Dive Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/dive-dance-7/41204The Dive|
|May 3 All day||Honors Dayhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/honors-d/35253Gustavus Campus|
||Women's Golf at UW-Eau Claire Invitationalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-golf-at-uw-eau-claire-invitational-3/40580Eau Claire, Wis.|
|May 3 9 am to 2 pm||Take the Hill Triathlonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/take-the-hill-triathlon-4/40186Gustavus Adolphus College Campus|
|9 am to 3 pm||Festival of Nationshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/festival-of-nations-3/41178Excel Center in St. Paul, Minn.|
|1–6 pm||Baseball hosts Saint John's University (DH)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/baseball-hosts-saint-john-s-university-dh/40399St. Peter, Minn.|
|1:30–3:30 pm||The 2014 Senior Honor Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-2014-senior-honor-recital/40525Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–10 pm||Grace: The Gustavus Dance Company in Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/grace-the-gustavus-dance-company-in-concert/39280Anderson Theatre|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: American Hustlehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-american-hustle/41220Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|8–11 pm||Spring Swing Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/spring-swing-dance-2/41663Heritage Room|
3 hours ago by Tyler Grey
7 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
9 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
11 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
12 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
14 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Yesterday by Tyler Grey
Yesterday by Matt Thomas '00
From News » First
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
Men’s Golf Finishes Fifth At Bobby Krig Invitational, Tyler McMorrow Earns Individual Medalist Honors
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
6 days ago by Brianna Furey '15
From News » Second
6 days ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Third
2 weeks ago by Matt Thomas '00
2 weeks ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Sixth
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (firstname.lastname@example.org or x6413).