The Yellow Sheet for December 18
Volume 41, Number 15
Volume 41, Number 15
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Thank Yous
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
IRS Announces New Mileage Rate... The IRS has announced that the optional business standard mileage rate will be 55 cents beginning January 1, 2009. The rate had been 58.5 cents per mile for the period from July 1, 2008, through Dec. 31, 2008. A reimbursement to employees up to this rate for qualifying use of their own vehicles will meet the requirements of an accountable plan for reimbursement of employee business expenses.
Donations for the St. Peter Area Food Shelf... St. Peter Area Food Shelf donations will again be accepted at this year's Support Staff Holiday Luncheon on Friday, Dec. 19. Bring any items you wish to donate with you to the luncheon—non-perishable food items, personal care items, and monetary donations are all appreciated.
Parking during the Holiday Break... Regular parking will be enforced for the duration of the holiday break. Employees should park in Green permit parking, and Red and Yellow parking will be closed for snow removal.
Vehicles left unattended over Christmas recess must be parked in the gravel parking lot north of Southwest Hall, or the gravel lot west of the music building. Vehicles left in Red or Yellow parking lots will be towed at the owner's expense.
Any employee vehicles left overnight need to be parked in designated Green permit overnight parking in the Stadium Lot. Please contact Safety and Security (x8809) if you have any questions.
E-Reserves... Although it may seem premature to be thinking about the January Interim with fall semester just drawing to a close, remember to get your e-reserves for January to Sonja Timmerman in the library as soon as you can. The quicker she gets them, the quicker they get posted! Sonja adds, "If you're really ahead of the ball game, I'm also able to post spring semester readings."
Health and Wellness Working Group's Report Available for Review... The draft report and recommendations from the Health and Wellness Working Group are now available for review on the Web. The password-protected link is: https://gustavus.edu/provost/strategicdirections/workinggroupreports.php. Thanks to all members of the working group and especially to Heather Dale, Karl Larson, and Kari Eckheart, who served as chairs.
YS Publication Notice... This is the last Yellow Sheet of the fall semester. The YS will not be published again until Jan. 8, 2009.
Archives Display... A display mounted by Jeff Jenson (archives) near the reference desk in the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library features the life work of Claire Hobart (1914-1993), a 1935 Gustavus graduate who was blind. Hobart devoted his life to spreading the gospel through song and teaching blind students in Laredo, Texas. Displayed materials include photographs, clippings, song books, poetry, and hymns from the Claire Hobart collection of songs and poems held by the College Archives. More information about Hobart is contained in the collection's finding aid, which may be found online at gustavus.edu/academics/library/archives/CAMC0019.php.
Carrie Newcomer Returns to Gustavus... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection, the week of Jan. 12-16. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in these events as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop with Carrie Newcomer in Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation with Carrie Newcomer" lunch at President’s Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail email@example.com.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch at the Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the January Interim course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion of what it can mean to live an undivided life of purpose and connection to our community. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Keep Moving... The Pulse Training and Fitness Studio (in the woolen mill building just east of the St. Peter Food Co-op; 934-1157 or thepulsefitness.com) is offering a dance remix class on Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m. The cost is only $2 per student and $5 for adults. Dance remix is a 60-minute class that includes a variety of hip-hop, salsa, and more to keep you moving. Also, students are invited to come to a free 30-minute Boot Camp class, Monday, Dec. 22, at 5:15 p.m. Students who come to Monday's class can enter their names in a drawing for a free one-month membership.
Chad Winterfeldt (music) participated in an Olivier Messiaen centenary celebration presented by the Twin Cities Chapter of the American Guild of Organists on Nov. 29 at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis. Thirteen members of the chapter performed individual movements from Messiaen's La Nativité du Seigneur, as well as other works by the celebrated 20th-century composer, on the recently restored 82-rank Wicks pipe organ.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
- Anna Deike, graphic designer/production manager (marketing and communication)
New Support Staff
- William Kastens, part-time custodian (physical plant)
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Seminars and Institutes... Each year NEH offers college and university faculty opportunities to study humanities topics in a variety of summer seminars and institutes. All faculty members selected to participate in a seminar or institute will be awarded a fixed stipend of $2,000 (2 weeks), $2,600 (3 weeks), $3,200 (4 weeks), $3,800 (5 weeks), or $4,200 (6 weeks) to help cover the costs of travel, books and other research expenses, and living expenses. The dates and duration of each project along with application information are listed at http://neh.gov//projects/si-university.html. The application deadline is March 2, 2009. Applications and requests for expanded program information should be submitted to the directors of the chosen program.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The St. Cloud Times printed an opinion piece on Wednesday, Dec. 3, written by Gustavus students Aliza Henning, Andi Eglinton, and Ashley Debilzen about genocide in Darfur.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Wednesday, Dec. 10, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- WCCO, KARE-11, KSTP-Channel 5, and KEYC-TV ran stories on their Wednesday, Dec. 10, newscasts about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Al Molde (athletics) and Haugen were quoted in the story.
- The Star Tribune printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Haugen was quoted in the story.
- The St. Paul Pioneer Press printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- KFAN 1130-AM announced the hiring of Peter Haugen in its sports updates on Thursday, Dec. 11.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Thursday, Dec. 11, front-page story and two color photos about St. Lucia. Brian Johnson (chaplains' office) and students Sarah Cartwright, Megan Myhre, Amber Kirk, and Rachel Schmitt were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story and photo in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Currents section about the Michael Johnson concert.
- KEYC-TV ran a story about Rachel Schmitt being crowned St. Lucia on its Thursday, Dec. 11, newscasts. Schmitt was interviewed for the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on Friday, Dec. 12, about campus reaction to the hiring of Peter Haugen as head football coach. Student-athlete Hamada Omar was quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed two color photos on the front page of its Friday, Dec. 12, Valley section about the crowning of St. Lucia. The Free Press also posted a photo gallery from the ceremony on its website.
- Jeff Owen (economics & management) was quoted in a Friday, Dec. 12, Chicago Sun Times article about the financial impact of Chicago hosting the Olympics. The article was also printed in the Southtown Star.
- The Southern Minnesota SportZone printed stories about the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the men’s and women’s hockey teams in its Winter 2008-09 edition.
- New head football coach Peter Haugen (athletics) appeared on WCCO Radio’s Sports Tonight show with host Steve Thompson on Monday, Dec. 15.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or email@example.com).
Special Office and Facility Hours during the Break... Due to the way the Christmas and New Year holidays fall this year and the application of five floating holidays, the College will be officially closed Dec. 22-26, 2008, and Jan. 1 and 2, 2009. Administrative offices will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31, with the following exceptions reported in time for inclusion in the YS:
- The Office of Human Resources will be open Dec. 29 and 30 and closed on Dec. 31.
- Printing Services will be closed Dec. 29-31 (effectively from Dec. 20 to Jan. 4).
- Academic buildings will be locked at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, and will remain locked until 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 5. (Students requiring access to academic buildings during this period will need to have a "Permission for Admittance Card" issued by a faculty or staff member.)
- The Book Mark will be open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
- The Market Place and Dining Room close at 6 p.m. tonight (Thursday, Dec. 18) and will remain closed through Saturday, Jan. 3, reopening at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 4.
- Courtyard Café hours: Thursday, Dec. 18 - 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 19 - 8-10:30 a.m.; Saturday, Dec. 20-Sunday, Dec. 28 - CLOSED; Monday, Dec. 29-Wednesday, Dec. 31 - 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 1-Sunday, Jan. 4 - CLOSED.
- The Library will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 19, 29, 30, and 31. Interlibrary loan requests submitted over the holiday break (effectively Dec. 19, 2008-Jan. 4, 2009) will not be processed until Monday, Jan. 5. Please plan accordingly for delays. If you have questions or concerns about possible delays, please contact the library or e-mail Sonja Timmerman.
- Lund Center will be open until 8 p.m. today (Thursday, Dec. 18), from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 19, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 20. Following the break, the building will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Dec. 29 and 30 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Dec. 31. The pool will be open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Dec. 19 and 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
Benefit Response... From Pat Stevensen (telecommunications): "Thank you! The overwhelming generosity of the Gustavus community toward my husband and myself has been wonderful. You are truly my extended family! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
||Nobel Conference - In Search of Economic Balancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/nobel-conference-in-search-of-economic-balance/46665Gustavus Adolphus College Campus|
|Today 4 pm||Men's Soccer hosts Saint Mary'shttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-soccer-hosts-saint-mary-s/48491St. Peter, Minn.|
|5–6 pm||Liberate the Booty w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-3/49737Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Dance Cardio w/Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-cardio-w-megan-hwc/49693Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||The 2016 Nobel Conference Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-2016-nobel-conference-concert/49227Bjorling Recital Hall|
|Tomorrow 2–4 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/49493Olin 124 Lab|
|4 pm||Women's Soccer hosts Saint Mary'shttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-soccer-hosts-saint-mary-s/48506St. Peter, Minn.|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Cardio Kickboxinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-kickboxing/49722Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Volleyball at Augsburghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-at-augsburg-4/48590Minneapolis, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49643Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Sep 29 6–6:40 am||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-brenda-3/49610Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–6:40 am||WE- Yoga with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-yoga-with-brenda/49457Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|9–11 am||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/49494Olin 124 Lab|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-398/50226Christ Chapel|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Pyramid with Lauriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-pyramid-with-laurie-3/49623Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Digital Humanities Lecture: ”Remembering Rondo: Digital Community Engagement in a Historic St. Paul Neighborhood"https://gustavus.edu/calendar/digital-humanities-lecture-remembering-rondo-digital-community-engagement-in-a-historic-st-paul-neighborhood/50140Confer 128|
|5–5:45 pm||Study Away Thursdays: New Study Away Programs and Gustavus Exchangeshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/study-away-thursdays-new-study-away-programs-and-gustavus-exchanges/50137Beck 111|
|5:30–8 pm||Gustie Grill Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-grill-out/50233Linnaeus Arboretum|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49644Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Informational meeting about the 3-2 engineering programhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/informational-meeting-about-the-3-2-engineering-program/50238Olin Hall room 220|
|8:30–10 pm||Fikahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-26/50212Swedish House|
|9–10 pm||Pure Movement w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/pure-movement-w-gabe-hwc-2/49781Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Sep 30 to Oct 2 All day||Men's Tennis hosts ITA Midwest Men's Regional Championshipshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-hosts-ita-midwest-men-s-regional-championships/49291St. Peter, Minn.|
|Sep 30 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-399/50227Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-4/49572Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|noon to 12:30 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-4/49811Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|2:30–3:30 pm||Queer and Questioninghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/queer-and-questioning/5010449er Room, lower level of the Campus Center, next to CAO desk|
|2:45–4 pm||Liberate the Booty w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-4/49752Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Oct 1 All day||Faculty Writing Retreat at Mt Olivet Conference and Retreat Centerhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-writing-retreat-at-mt-olivet-conference-and-retreat-center-4/49936Mt Olivet Conference and Retreat Center|
|All day||Gustavus Fall Reunions - Coming Back to the Hillhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-fall-reunions-coming-back-to-the-hill/49218Gustavus Adolphus College Campus|
|All day||Sunday Worshiping Communityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/sunday-worshiping-community-20/50232Christ Chapel|
|10 am||Men's Swimming and Diving hosts Alumni/Intersquad Pentathlonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-swimming-and-diving-hosts-alumni-intersquad-pentathlon/49142St. Peter, Minn.|
|10 am||Women's Swimming and Diving hosts Alumni/Intersquad Pentathlonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-swimming-and-diving-hosts-alumni-intersquad-pentathlon/49143St. Peter, Minn.|
|10–10:30 am||Homecoming 2016 - Reunion Class Photoshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/homecoming-2016-reunion-class-photos/49255Evelyn Young Dining Room|
|10–11 am||Homecoming 2016 - Alumni Choir Rehersalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/homecoming-2016-alumni-choir-rehersal/49254Bjorling Recital Hall|
|10:30 am||Women's Cross Country at Carleton Running of the Cowshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-cross-country-at-carleton-running-of-the-cows/49022Northfield, Minn.|
|10:30–11:10 am||Homecoming 2016 - Alumni and Kids' Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/homecoming-2016-alumni-and-kids-college/49256Jackson Campus Center|
|10:30 am to noon||50 Year Club Football Receptionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/50-year-club-football-reception/50092Three Crowns Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|11 am to 1 pm||Gustavus Women's Rugby vs. St. Olafhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-women-s-rugby-vs-st-olaf/49872Rugby Pitch behind baseball fields|
|11:15 am to noon||Homecoming 2016 - Fresh Off the Hill Receptionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/homecoming-2016-fresh-off-the-hill-reception/49286Complex Fire Pit|
|11:15 am to 12:15 pm||Homecoming 2016 - Service of Remembrance and Thanksgivinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/homecoming-2016-service-of-remembrance-and-thanksgiving/49257Christ Chapel|
|11:30 am||Men's Cross Country at Carleton Running of the Cowshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-cross-country-at-carleton-running-of-the-cows/49021Northfield, Minn.|
|11:30 am to 1:30 pm||Homecoming 2016 - All-Gustie Lunchhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/homecoming-2016-all-gustie-lunch/49258Homecoming Tent|
|noon to 1 pm||Gustavus Football 50 Year Club Luncheonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-football-50-year-club-luncheon/50093Three Crowns Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|1 pm||Football vs. Concordia (Homecoming)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/football-vs-concordia-homecoming/47564St. Peter, Minn.|
|1 pm||Women's Soccer hosts Carletonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-soccer-hosts-carleton/48507St. Peter, Minn.|
|2:30–4 pm||I Am We Are Presents: Mosaic: Out Of Many We Are Onehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/i-am-we-are-presents-mosaic-out-of-many-we-are-one/50171Bjorling Recital Hall|
|3:30 pm||Men's Soccer hosts Carletonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-soccer-hosts-carleton/48492St. Peter, Minn.|
|4–6 pm||Homecoming 2016 - 5th Quarter Entertainment featuring Retrofithttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/homecoming-2016-5th-quarter-entertainment-featuring-retrofit/49259Homecoming Tent|
|4:30–6 pm||Gustavus Football 100th Season Celebrationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-football-100th-season-celebration/50094Alumni Hall|
|5 pm||Volleyball at St. Thomas - JV priorhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-at-st-thomas-jv-prior/48591St. Paul, Minn.|
|Oct 2 All day||Faculty Writing Retreat at Mt Olivet Conference and Retreat Centerhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-writing-retreat-at-mt-olivet-conference-and-retreat-center-4/49902Mt Olivet Conference and Retreat Center|
|2–3 pm||SCWABBLE w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/scwabble-w-gabe-hwc/49796Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49645Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8–9 pm||Vespers: Your Kingdom Comehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/vespers-your-kingdom-come/50182Christ Chapel|
|Oct 3 6:30–7:30 am||Pure Movement w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/pure-movement-w-gabe-hwc/49767Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10:30 am||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/49495Olin 124 Lab|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-384/49956Christ Chapel|
|noon to 12:30 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-4/49310Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Dance4Fun (Cardio Dance) with Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-dance4fun-cardio-dance-with-gabe-3/49330Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–6 pm||Tabata w/Lydia and Christina (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-w-lydia-and-christina-hwc-2/49708Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6:30–8 pm||Real Life 101: Career - Make a Great First Impressionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/real-life-101-career-make-a-great-first-impression/49907Career Development|
|7–8 pm||Dance 4 Fun w/Tasha (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-4-fun-w-tasha-hwc/49679Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Oct 4 All day||WE- Pilates with Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-pilates-with-rachel-2/49533Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–6:40 am||WE- Bootcamp with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-bootcamp-with-brenda-2/49520Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-384/49957Christ Chapel|
|10:30 am to 2:30 pm||Gustavus Careers Possiblehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-careers-possible-3/48805Heritage and St. Peter Banquet Room|
|1:30–2:30 pm||Tech Bytes: Provide visual feedback to students using Screencastinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tech-bytes-provide-visual-feedback-to-students-using-screencasting-2/49301Olin Hall Lab 124B|
|5–6 pm||Liberate the Booty w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-3/49738Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Volleyball at UW-Stouthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-at-uw-stout/48592Menomonie, Wis.|
|7–8 pm||Dance Cardio w/Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-cardio-w-megan-hwc/49694Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Oct 5 6:40–7:20 am||WE Fitness Class-Pure Movement with Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-pure-movement-with-gabe/49548Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-384/49958Christ Chapel|
|11:30 am to 1:20 pm||Teachers Talking Writinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/teachers-talking-writing-21/49875Heritage Banquet Room|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-4/49573Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-step-with-steph-3/49596Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–5 pm||Nobel Conference 2017 "Reproductive Technologies" Planning Grouphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/nobel-conference-2017-reproductive-technologies-planning-group/4992049er Room|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Cardio Kickboxinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-kickboxing/49723Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49646Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Oct 6 6–6:40 am||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-brenda-3/49611Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–6:40 am||WE- Yoga with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-yoga-with-brenda/49458Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8–10 am||Workshop Series for Student Employment Supervisors and Academic Advisorshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/workshop-series-for-student-employment-supervisors-and-academic-advisors/49482The Dive on Sept. 22, Oct. 6 and Dec. 15, location TBD on Oct. 20|
|8 am to 4 pm||Flu Shot Clinichttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/flu-shot-clinic-15/50234Heritage Banquet Room|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-384/49959Christ Chapel|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Session (NTT only)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-ntt-only/49876President's Dining Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Pyramid with Lauriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-pyramid-with-laurie-3/49624Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–5:45 pm||Study Away Thursdays: Study in India or Sri Lanka!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/study-away-thursdays-study-in-india-or-sri-lanka/50138Beck 111|
|5:30–7:30 pm||Networking Kick-Off Eventhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/networking-kick-off-event/49269International Market Square, 275 Market Street Minneapolis, MN 55405|
|7–8 pm||Sign Languages Group Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/sign-languages-group-meeting/50178Humanities Resource Room (Confer 230)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49647Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||Fikahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-26/50213Swedish House|
|9–10 pm||Pure Movement w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/pure-movement-w-gabe-hwc-2/49782Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Oct 7 All day||Family Weekend Class Visitshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-class-visits-5/50192Gustavus Campus|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-384/49960Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-4/49574Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|noon to 12:30 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-4/49812Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|2:30–3:30 pm||Queer and Questioninghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/queer-and-questioning/5010549er Room, lower level of the Campus Center, next to CAO desk|
|2:45–4 pm||Liberate the Booty w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-4/49753Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Sep 12 to Nov 6 All day||Hillstrom Museum of Art exhibition Animal and Sporting Paintings in the Penkhus Collection: The Very English Ambience of It Allhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/hillstrom-museum-of-art-exhibition-animal-and-sporting-paintings-in-the-penkhus-collection-the-very-english-ambience-of-it-all/49857Hillstrom Museum of Art|
< 1 minute ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
5 hours ago by Trent Jackson
19 hours ago by CJ Siewert
2 days ago by Trent Jackson
2 days ago by CJ Siewert
2 days ago by CJ Siewert
4 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
4 days ago by Sophie Leininger
4 days ago by JJ Akin '11
From First – News
5 days ago by Stephanie Ash
6 days ago by JJ Akin '11
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
3 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
3 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Last month by Al Behrends
From Art & Art History – Fine Arts
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (firstname.lastname@example.org or x6413).