The Yellow Sheet for December 18
Volume 41, Number 15
Volume 41, Number 15
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Thank Yous
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
IRS Announces New Mileage Rate... The IRS has announced that the optional business standard mileage rate will be 55 cents beginning January 1, 2009. The rate had been 58.5 cents per mile for the period from July 1, 2008, through Dec. 31, 2008. A reimbursement to employees up to this rate for qualifying use of their own vehicles will meet the requirements of an accountable plan for reimbursement of employee business expenses.
Donations for the St. Peter Area Food Shelf... St. Peter Area Food Shelf donations will again be accepted at this year's Support Staff Holiday Luncheon on Friday, Dec. 19. Bring any items you wish to donate with you to the luncheon—non-perishable food items, personal care items, and monetary donations are all appreciated.
Parking during the Holiday Break... Regular parking will be enforced for the duration of the holiday break. Employees should park in Green permit parking, and Red and Yellow parking will be closed for snow removal.
Vehicles left unattended over Christmas recess must be parked in the gravel parking lot north of Southwest Hall, or the gravel lot west of the music building. Vehicles left in Red or Yellow parking lots will be towed at the owner's expense.
Any employee vehicles left overnight need to be parked in designated Green permit overnight parking in the Stadium Lot. Please contact Safety and Security (x8809) if you have any questions.
E-Reserves... Although it may seem premature to be thinking about the January Interim with fall semester just drawing to a close, remember to get your e-reserves for January to Sonja Timmerman in the library as soon as you can. The quicker she gets them, the quicker they get posted! Sonja adds, "If you're really ahead of the ball game, I'm also able to post spring semester readings."
Health and Wellness Working Group's Report Available for Review... The draft report and recommendations from the Health and Wellness Working Group are now available for review on the Web. The password-protected link is: https://gustavus.edu/provost/strategicdirections/workinggroupreports.php. Thanks to all members of the working group and especially to Heather Dale, Karl Larson, and Kari Eckheart, who served as chairs.
YS Publication Notice... This is the last Yellow Sheet of the fall semester. The YS will not be published again until Jan. 8, 2009.
Archives Display... A display mounted by Jeff Jenson (archives) near the reference desk in the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library features the life work of Claire Hobart (1914-1993), a 1935 Gustavus graduate who was blind. Hobart devoted his life to spreading the gospel through song and teaching blind students in Laredo, Texas. Displayed materials include photographs, clippings, song books, poetry, and hymns from the Claire Hobart collection of songs and poems held by the College Archives. More information about Hobart is contained in the collection's finding aid, which may be found online at gustavus.edu/academics/library/archives/CAMC0019.php.
Carrie Newcomer Returns to Gustavus... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection, the week of Jan. 12-16. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in these events as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop with Carrie Newcomer in Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation with Carrie Newcomer" lunch at President’s Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail email@example.com.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch at the Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the January Interim course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion of what it can mean to live an undivided life of purpose and connection to our community. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Keep Moving... The Pulse Training and Fitness Studio (in the woolen mill building just east of the St. Peter Food Co-op; 934-1157 or thepulsefitness.com) is offering a dance remix class on Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m. The cost is only $2 per student and $5 for adults. Dance remix is a 60-minute class that includes a variety of hip-hop, salsa, and more to keep you moving. Also, students are invited to come to a free 30-minute Boot Camp class, Monday, Dec. 22, at 5:15 p.m. Students who come to Monday's class can enter their names in a drawing for a free one-month membership.
Chad Winterfeldt (music) participated in an Olivier Messiaen centenary celebration presented by the Twin Cities Chapter of the American Guild of Organists on Nov. 29 at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis. Thirteen members of the chapter performed individual movements from Messiaen's La Nativité du Seigneur, as well as other works by the celebrated 20th-century composer, on the recently restored 82-rank Wicks pipe organ.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
- Anna Deike, graphic designer/production manager (marketing and communication)
New Support Staff
- William Kastens, part-time custodian (physical plant)
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Seminars and Institutes... Each year NEH offers college and university faculty opportunities to study humanities topics in a variety of summer seminars and institutes. All faculty members selected to participate in a seminar or institute will be awarded a fixed stipend of $2,000 (2 weeks), $2,600 (3 weeks), $3,200 (4 weeks), $3,800 (5 weeks), or $4,200 (6 weeks) to help cover the costs of travel, books and other research expenses, and living expenses. The dates and duration of each project along with application information are listed at http://neh.gov//projects/si-university.html. The application deadline is March 2, 2009. Applications and requests for expanded program information should be submitted to the directors of the chosen program.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The St. Cloud Times printed an opinion piece on Wednesday, Dec. 3, written by Gustavus students Aliza Henning, Andi Eglinton, and Ashley Debilzen about genocide in Darfur.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Wednesday, Dec. 10, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- WCCO, KARE-11, KSTP-Channel 5, and KEYC-TV ran stories on their Wednesday, Dec. 10, newscasts about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Al Molde (athletics) and Haugen were quoted in the story.
- The Star Tribune printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Haugen was quoted in the story.
- The St. Paul Pioneer Press printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- KFAN 1130-AM announced the hiring of Peter Haugen in its sports updates on Thursday, Dec. 11.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Thursday, Dec. 11, front-page story and two color photos about St. Lucia. Brian Johnson (chaplains' office) and students Sarah Cartwright, Megan Myhre, Amber Kirk, and Rachel Schmitt were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story and photo in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Currents section about the Michael Johnson concert.
- KEYC-TV ran a story about Rachel Schmitt being crowned St. Lucia on its Thursday, Dec. 11, newscasts. Schmitt was interviewed for the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on Friday, Dec. 12, about campus reaction to the hiring of Peter Haugen as head football coach. Student-athlete Hamada Omar was quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed two color photos on the front page of its Friday, Dec. 12, Valley section about the crowning of St. Lucia. The Free Press also posted a photo gallery from the ceremony on its website.
- Jeff Owen (economics & management) was quoted in a Friday, Dec. 12, Chicago Sun Times article about the financial impact of Chicago hosting the Olympics. The article was also printed in the Southtown Star.
- The Southern Minnesota SportZone printed stories about the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the men’s and women’s hockey teams in its Winter 2008-09 edition.
- New head football coach Peter Haugen (athletics) appeared on WCCO Radio’s Sports Tonight show with host Steve Thompson on Monday, Dec. 15.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or email@example.com).
Special Office and Facility Hours during the Break... Due to the way the Christmas and New Year holidays fall this year and the application of five floating holidays, the College will be officially closed Dec. 22-26, 2008, and Jan. 1 and 2, 2009. Administrative offices will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31, with the following exceptions reported in time for inclusion in the YS:
- The Office of Human Resources will be open Dec. 29 and 30 and closed on Dec. 31.
- Printing Services will be closed Dec. 29-31 (effectively from Dec. 20 to Jan. 4).
- Academic buildings will be locked at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, and will remain locked until 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 5. (Students requiring access to academic buildings during this period will need to have a "Permission for Admittance Card" issued by a faculty or staff member.)
- The Book Mark will be open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
- The Market Place and Dining Room close at 6 p.m. tonight (Thursday, Dec. 18) and will remain closed through Saturday, Jan. 3, reopening at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 4.
- Courtyard Café hours: Thursday, Dec. 18 - 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 19 - 8-10:30 a.m.; Saturday, Dec. 20-Sunday, Dec. 28 - CLOSED; Monday, Dec. 29-Wednesday, Dec. 31 - 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 1-Sunday, Jan. 4 - CLOSED.
- The Library will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 19, 29, 30, and 31. Interlibrary loan requests submitted over the holiday break (effectively Dec. 19, 2008-Jan. 4, 2009) will not be processed until Monday, Jan. 5. Please plan accordingly for delays. If you have questions or concerns about possible delays, please contact the library or e-mail Sonja Timmerman.
- Lund Center will be open until 8 p.m. today (Thursday, Dec. 18), from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 19, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 20. Following the break, the building will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Dec. 29 and 30 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Dec. 31. The pool will be open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Dec. 19 and 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
Benefit Response... From Pat Stevensen (telecommunications): "Thank you! The overwhelming generosity of the Gustavus community toward my husband and myself has been wonderful. You are truly my extended family! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
||Linnaeaus Arboretum Spring Photography Contesthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/linnaeaus-arboretum-spring-photography-contest/45380Linnaeus Arboretum|
|Tomorrow 6:30–7:20 am||WE-Bootcamphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-bootcamp/44512Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-214/45342Christ Chapel|
|10–10:20 am||Suicide Awareness Chapel Vigilhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/suicide-awareness-chapel-vigil/45359Christ Chapel|
|10–10:30 am||Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) Demonstration by Oliver Wigmore, Geography, OH State Univ POSTPONEDhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/unmanned-aerial-vehicle-uav-demonstration-by-oliver-wigmore-geography-oh-state-univ-postponed/45330Lawn south of Southwest Hall|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-87/41788Banquet Room C - St. Peter Banquet Room|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE-Kickboxinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-kickboxing/44528Lund 217|
|1:30–2:30 pm||GLBTQA Support Grouphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/glbtqa-support-group-2/44120Chaplains Resource Room, Old Main 103|
|2:30–3:30 pm||Fulbright Faculty Opportunities Information Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fulbright-faculty-opportunities-information-meeting/45313Provost's Conference Room|
|2:30–3:30 pm||TRX with Sarahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-sara/444233rd Floor mats in Lund|
|6–7 pm||Cardio Dance (HWC) w/ Sydneyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-hwc-w-sydney-2/44339Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Suicide Awareness Candlelight Vigilhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/suicide-awareness-candlelight-vigil-3/45360Christ Chapel|
|7–8:30 pm||"Drones for Science? Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Glacial Watershed Mapping in the Peruvian Andes" talk by Oliver Wigmore, Geographer, OH State Univ POSTPONEDhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/drones-for-science-using-unmanned-aerial-vehicles-for-glacial-watershed-mapping-in-the-peruvian-andes-talk-by-oliver-wigmore-geographer-oh-state-univ-postponed/45331Nobel Hall, Room 201|
|7–8:30 pm||"The Most Secret Place on Earth"- Documentary Screeninghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-most-secret-place-on-earth-documentary-screening/45312Beck 101|
|7–8:30 pm||The Bible in Politics: Moral Compass or Conversation Stopper, by Paul D. Hanson '61https://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-bible-in-politics-moral-compass-or-conversation-stopper-by-paul-d-hanson-61/45115Confer 127|
|7–9 pm||The Hunting Ground screening and panel discussionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-hunting-ground-screening-and-panel-discussion/45276Alumni Hall|
|8–9:30 pm||Gusties After Dark: LineUshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gusties-after-dark-lineus/45301Courtyard Café|
|8–10 pm||TOMS: Style Your Soleshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/toms-style-your-soles/45110Courtyard Café|
|8:30–10:30 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house/44722Swedish House|
||Men's Track and Field at MIAC Outdoor Championshipshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-track-and-field-at-miac-outdoor-championships-2/43941St. Paul, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Track and Field at MIAC Outdoor Championshipshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-track-and-field-at-miac-outdoor-championships-2/43942St. Paul, Minn.|
|May 8 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbath: "Creation Liturgy"https://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-creation-liturgy/45343Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE-Step Aerobicshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-step-aerobics/44554Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE-Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-yoga/44567Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–3:30 pm||Cardio Dance (HMC class) w/ Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-hmc-class-w-gabe-2/44353Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–4 pm||Faculty Senate Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-senate-meeting-2/42404The Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|2:30–4:30 pm||Gustavus & Coca-Cola: Educational Partnership Grant Recipients Receptionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-coca-cola-educational-partnership-grant-recipients-reception/45340Heritage Banquet Room|
|3–6:30 pm||End of the Year Arb Bashhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/end-of-the-year-arb-bash/45356Linnaeus Arboretum|
|3:30–6:30 pm||Softball at Central College (NCAA Regionals)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/softball-at-central-college-ncaa-regionals/45369Pella, Iowa|
|4–8 pm||Extravapalooza!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/extravapalooza/45322Complex Fire Pit/ Visitor Parking Lot|
|6–7 pm||Self Defense (HWC) w/ Antonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/self-defense-hwc-w-anton/44428Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||PASO Presents: Rediscovering Hip-Hophttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/paso-presents-rediscovering-hip-hop/45272Alumni Hall|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Ann Stevens, flute and Jamie Lichy, flute, A Joint Senior Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ann-stevens-flute-and-jamie-lichy-flute-a-joint-senior-recital/44003Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–10 pm||Gusties After Dark: Style Your Soleshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gusties-after-dark-style-your-soles/45302Courtyard Café|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Jupiter Ascendinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-jupiter-ascending/45286Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|May 9 9–11 am||Suicide Awareness Meditation and Relaxation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/suicide-awareness-meditation-and-relaxation-session/45361Sesquecentennial Plaza|
|9 am to 1:30 pm||Preview Gustavushttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/preview-gustavus-4/42573Gustavus Campus|
|9 am to 5 pm||Faculty Writing Retreat at ASIhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-writing-retreat-at-asi-14/41770American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55407|
|9 am to 5 pm||Faculty Writing Retreat at Gustavushttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-writing-retreat-at-gustavus-8/41771President's Dining Room|
|10 am to 3 pm||Men's Tennis vs. Edgewood/UW-Whitewater Winner (NCAA Tournament)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-vs-edgewood-uw-whitewater-winner-ncaa-tournament/45372Whitewater, Wis.|
|1:30–2:30 pm||Jana Wilkes, clarinet, bass clarinet & piano, A Senior Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/jana-wilkes-clarinet-bass-clarinet-piano-a-senior-recital/44004Bjorling Recital Hall|
|2–7 pm||Gustie Entrepreneur Cuphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-entrepreneur-cup/45232Beck Hall Atrium|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Caleb Likely, trombone and Cory Lau, bass trombone, A Joint Student Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/caleb-likely-trombone-and-cory-lau-bass-trombone-a-joint-student-recital/44005Bjorling Recital Hall|
|7–10:30 pm||2nd Annual Charity Concert for Africa Jam!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/2nd-annual-charity-concert-for-africa-jam/45362Lund Arena and Lund Center|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Ian Decker, baritone saxophone, A Senior Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ian-decker-baritone-saxophone-a-senior-recital/44006Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–9:30 pm||DJ Masterclasshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/dj-masterclass/45295Alumni Hall|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Jupiter Ascendinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-jupiter-ascending/45287Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
||Light it up Dance Partyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/light-it-up-dance-party/45296Alumni Hall|
|May 10 10:30–11:30 am||Sunday Worship with Holy Communion (Sunday Worshipping Community)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/sunday-worship-with-holy-communion-sunday-worshipping-community-5/45338Christ Chapel|
|1:30–2:30 pm||Erik William Carlson, tenor, A Senior Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/erik-william-carlson-tenor-a-senior-recital/44007Bjorling Recital Hall|
|3–4 pm||Yoga Sculpt (HWC) w/ Hannahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-sculpt-hwc-w-hanna/44368Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–5 pm||The Woodwind Chamber Ensembles Spring Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-woodwind-chamber-ensembles-spring-concert-2/44162Bjorling Recital Hall|
|5–6 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/ McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie/44409Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Dance (HMC class) w/ Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-hmc-class-w-gabe-3/44383Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Anthony Afful, oboe, A Student Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/anthony-afful-oboe-a-student-recital/44613Bjorling Recital Hall|
||St. Peter Reads Book Festival - Reserve your space today to hear Michael Perry!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/st-peter-reads-book-festival-reserve-your-space-today-to-hear-michael-perry/45371Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|May 11 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-215/45345Christ Chapel|
|4–5 pm||Retirement Receptionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/retirement-reception-6/45379Linnaeus Arboretum|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) w/ Kelseyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-w-kelsey/44209Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–7 pm||Summer Camp Send-Offhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/summer-camp-send-off-2/45320President's Dining Room|
|6–7 pm||Cardio Dance (HWC) w/ Sydneyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-hwc-w-sydney/44224Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/ Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-megan/44239Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|May 12 9:50–10:05 am||Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UAV) Demonstration by Oliver Wigmore, Geographer, OH State Univhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/unmanned-aerial-vehicles-uav-demonstration-by-oliver-wigmore-geographer-oh-state-univ/45377Lawn South of Southwest Hall|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-216/45346Christ Chapel|
|noon to 12:30 pm||WE- TRX with Troy Bansehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-trx-with-troy-banse-6/44456Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE-Triple Threathttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-triple-threat/44471Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|6:30–7:30 pm||Stress Bustershttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/stress-busters-2/44920Konferensrum, Campus Center|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Dance HMC Class w/ Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-hmc-class-w-gabe/44269Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|7–8:30 pm||"Drones for Science? Using Unmanned Aerial Vehicles for Glacial Watershed Mapping in the Peruvian Andes" Presentation by Oliver Wigmore, Geographer, OH State Univ.https://gustavus.edu/calendar/drones-for-science-using-unmanned-aerial-vehicles-for-glacial-watershed-mapping-in-the-peruvian-andes-presentation-by-oliver-wigmore-geographer-oh-state-univ/45378Olin Hall, Room 103|
|7:30–9 pm||The Choir of Christ Chapel Home Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-choir-of-christ-chapel-home-concert-6/44163Christ Chapel|
|May 13 7:30–8 am||Matins Service (Morning Prayer)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/matins-service-morning-prayer/45374Christ Chapel|
|7:30–9 am||Gustie Breakfast - Steve Kjellgren '86https://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-breakfast-steve-kjellgren-86-2/45095Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbath: "Morning Prayer"https://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-morning-prayer-5/45347Christ Chapel|
|10 am to 2 pm||Stamp-A-Ringhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/stamp-a-ring/45239Jackson Campus Center - Upper Level Tables|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE - Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-yoga-2/44485Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE-Cardio Fithttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-cardio-fit/44499Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|4:30–5:30 pm||HIIT w/ Carrie & Maggie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/hiit-w-carrie-maggie-hwc/44284Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–7 pm||Self Defense (HWC) w/ Antonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/self-defense-hwc-w-anton/44429Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/ Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-megan-2/44298Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–9 pm||Vespers Service (Evening Prayer)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/vespers-service-evening-prayer/45375Christ Chapel|
|9:15–9:45 pm||Compline Service (Night Prayer)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/compline-service-night-prayer/45376Christ Chapel|
|May 14 6:30–7:20 am||WE-Bootcamphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-bootcamp/44513Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|9–10 am||Provost's Listening Posthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/provost-s-listening-post-4/42874Jackson Campus Center - Upper Level Tables|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-217/45348Christ Chapel|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE-Kickboxinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-kickboxing/44529Lund 217|
|1:30–2:30 pm||GLBTQA Support Grouphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/glbtqa-support-group-2/44121Chaplains Resource Room, Old Main 103|
|2:30–3:30 pm||TRX with Sarahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-sara/444243rd Floor mats in Lund|
|6–7 pm||Cardio Dance (HWC) w/ Sydneyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-hwc-w-sydney-2/44340Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–11:59 pm||Pitch Perfect 2 Premiere Night Movie Triphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pitch-perfect-2-premiere-night-movie-trip/45290Eden Prairie Center AMC Theatres|
|8–10 pm||In The Next Room, Or The Vibrator Playhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/in-the-next-room-or-the-vibrator-play/43086Anderson Theatre|
|May 15 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-218/45349Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE-Step Aerobicshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-step-aerobics/44555Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE-Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-yoga/44568Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–3:30 pm||Cardio Dance (HMC class) w/ Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-hmc-class-w-gabe-2/44354Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–6 pm||Final Friday Faculty Socialhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/final-friday-faculty-social-7/41772Interpretive Center|
|6–7 pm||Self Defense (HWC) w/ Antonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/self-defense-hwc-w-anton/44430Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Yasufumi Ishida:Magical Nighthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yasufumi-ishida-magical-night/45314Alumni Hall|
|7:30–9 pm||G Sharp in Concert!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-sharp-in-concert/45306Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–10 pm||In The Next Room, Or The Vibrator Playhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/in-the-next-room-or-the-vibrator-play/43087Anderson Theatre|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: American Sniperhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-american-sniper/45288Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|May 16 1:30–3 pm||The Vasa Wind Orchestra and Chamber Ensembles in Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-vasa-wind-orchestra-and-chamber-ensembles-in-concert/44164Bjorling Recital Hall|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Cameron A. Jarvis, tenor and Christopher Bram, guitar, A Joint Senior Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cameron-a-jarvis-tenor-and-christopher-bram-guitar-a-joint-senior-recital/44008Bjorling Recital Hall|
|5–7 pm||Class of 2016 Grill Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/class-of-2016-grill-out-2/45271Complex Fire Pit|
|6–8 pm||Summer Gatherings - Orlandohttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/summer-gatherings-orlando/44830Orlando, FL|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Erin Grev, flute and Rudi Thompson, clarinet, A Joint Student Recitalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/erin-grev-flute-and-rudi-thompson-clarinet-a-joint-student-recital/44009Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–10 pm||In The Next Room, Or The Vibrator Playhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/in-the-next-room-or-the-vibrator-play/43088Anderson Theatre|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: American Sniperhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-american-sniper/45289Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
||Free Art Tasting (And False Advertising): Senior Art Majors Exhibition 2015, on view at the Hillstrom Museum of Arthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/free-art-tasting-and-false-advertising-senior-art-majors-exhibition-2015-on-view-at-the-hillstrom-museum-of-art/45141Hillstrom Museum of Art|
< 1 minute ago by Ethan Armstrong
From Athletics » Featured Homepage
4 hours ago by Ethan Armstrong
From Athletics » Featured Homepage
6 hours ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Second
Dirks, Krebsbach, Schulz, Stanczyk Named To 2015 MIAC Women’s Tennis All-Conference Team; Carlson Is Co-Coach Of Year
9 hours ago by Nick Hoelmer
9 hours ago by Matt Thomas '00
From Fine Arts
10 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
2 days ago by Ethan Armstrong
4 days ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » First
4 days ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Third
6 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
6 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
6 days ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Fourth
Last week by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Fifth
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (firstname.lastname@example.org or x6413).