The Yellow Sheet for December 18
Volume 41, Number 15
Volume 41, Number 15
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Thank Yous
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
IRS Announces New Mileage Rate... The IRS has announced that the optional business standard mileage rate will be 55 cents beginning January 1, 2009. The rate had been 58.5 cents per mile for the period from July 1, 2008, through Dec. 31, 2008. A reimbursement to employees up to this rate for qualifying use of their own vehicles will meet the requirements of an accountable plan for reimbursement of employee business expenses.
Donations for the St. Peter Area Food Shelf... St. Peter Area Food Shelf donations will again be accepted at this year's Support Staff Holiday Luncheon on Friday, Dec. 19. Bring any items you wish to donate with you to the luncheon—non-perishable food items, personal care items, and monetary donations are all appreciated.
Parking during the Holiday Break... Regular parking will be enforced for the duration of the holiday break. Employees should park in Green permit parking, and Red and Yellow parking will be closed for snow removal.
Vehicles left unattended over Christmas recess must be parked in the gravel parking lot north of Southwest Hall, or the gravel lot west of the music building. Vehicles left in Red or Yellow parking lots will be towed at the owner's expense.
Any employee vehicles left overnight need to be parked in designated Green permit overnight parking in the Stadium Lot. Please contact Safety and Security (x8809) if you have any questions.
E-Reserves... Although it may seem premature to be thinking about the January Interim with fall semester just drawing to a close, remember to get your e-reserves for January to Sonja Timmerman in the library as soon as you can. The quicker she gets them, the quicker they get posted! Sonja adds, "If you're really ahead of the ball game, I'm also able to post spring semester readings."
Health and Wellness Working Group's Report Available for Review... The draft report and recommendations from the Health and Wellness Working Group are now available for review on the Web. The password-protected link is: https://gustavus.edu/provost/strategicdirections/workinggroupreports.php. Thanks to all members of the working group and especially to Heather Dale, Karl Larson, and Kari Eckheart, who served as chairs.
YS Publication Notice... This is the last Yellow Sheet of the fall semester. The YS will not be published again until Jan. 8, 2009.
Archives Display... A display mounted by Jeff Jenson (archives) near the reference desk in the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library features the life work of Claire Hobart (1914-1993), a 1935 Gustavus graduate who was blind. Hobart devoted his life to spreading the gospel through song and teaching blind students in Laredo, Texas. Displayed materials include photographs, clippings, song books, poetry, and hymns from the Claire Hobart collection of songs and poems held by the College Archives. More information about Hobart is contained in the collection's finding aid, which may be found online at gustavus.edu/academics/library/archives/CAMC0019.php.
Carrie Newcomer Returns to Gustavus... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection, the week of Jan. 12-16. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in these events as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop with Carrie Newcomer in Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation with Carrie Newcomer" lunch at President’s Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail email@example.com.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch at the Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the January Interim course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion of what it can mean to live an undivided life of purpose and connection to our community. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Keep Moving... The Pulse Training and Fitness Studio (in the woolen mill building just east of the St. Peter Food Co-op; 934-1157 or thepulsefitness.com) is offering a dance remix class on Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m. The cost is only $2 per student and $5 for adults. Dance remix is a 60-minute class that includes a variety of hip-hop, salsa, and more to keep you moving. Also, students are invited to come to a free 30-minute Boot Camp class, Monday, Dec. 22, at 5:15 p.m. Students who come to Monday's class can enter their names in a drawing for a free one-month membership.
Chad Winterfeldt (music) participated in an Olivier Messiaen centenary celebration presented by the Twin Cities Chapter of the American Guild of Organists on Nov. 29 at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis. Thirteen members of the chapter performed individual movements from Messiaen's La Nativité du Seigneur, as well as other works by the celebrated 20th-century composer, on the recently restored 82-rank Wicks pipe organ.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
- Anna Deike, graphic designer/production manager (marketing and communication)
New Support Staff
- William Kastens, part-time custodian (physical plant)
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Seminars and Institutes... Each year NEH offers college and university faculty opportunities to study humanities topics in a variety of summer seminars and institutes. All faculty members selected to participate in a seminar or institute will be awarded a fixed stipend of $2,000 (2 weeks), $2,600 (3 weeks), $3,200 (4 weeks), $3,800 (5 weeks), or $4,200 (6 weeks) to help cover the costs of travel, books and other research expenses, and living expenses. The dates and duration of each project along with application information are listed at http://neh.gov//projects/si-university.html. The application deadline is March 2, 2009. Applications and requests for expanded program information should be submitted to the directors of the chosen program.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The St. Cloud Times printed an opinion piece on Wednesday, Dec. 3, written by Gustavus students Aliza Henning, Andi Eglinton, and Ashley Debilzen about genocide in Darfur.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Wednesday, Dec. 10, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- WCCO, KARE-11, KSTP-Channel 5, and KEYC-TV ran stories on their Wednesday, Dec. 10, newscasts about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Al Molde (athletics) and Haugen were quoted in the story.
- The Star Tribune printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Haugen was quoted in the story.
- The St. Paul Pioneer Press printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- KFAN 1130-AM announced the hiring of Peter Haugen in its sports updates on Thursday, Dec. 11.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Thursday, Dec. 11, front-page story and two color photos about St. Lucia. Brian Johnson (chaplains' office) and students Sarah Cartwright, Megan Myhre, Amber Kirk, and Rachel Schmitt were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story and photo in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Currents section about the Michael Johnson concert.
- KEYC-TV ran a story about Rachel Schmitt being crowned St. Lucia on its Thursday, Dec. 11, newscasts. Schmitt was interviewed for the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on Friday, Dec. 12, about campus reaction to the hiring of Peter Haugen as head football coach. Student-athlete Hamada Omar was quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed two color photos on the front page of its Friday, Dec. 12, Valley section about the crowning of St. Lucia. The Free Press also posted a photo gallery from the ceremony on its website.
- Jeff Owen (economics & management) was quoted in a Friday, Dec. 12, Chicago Sun Times article about the financial impact of Chicago hosting the Olympics. The article was also printed in the Southtown Star.
- The Southern Minnesota SportZone printed stories about the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the men’s and women’s hockey teams in its Winter 2008-09 edition.
- New head football coach Peter Haugen (athletics) appeared on WCCO Radio’s Sports Tonight show with host Steve Thompson on Monday, Dec. 15.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or email@example.com).
Special Office and Facility Hours during the Break... Due to the way the Christmas and New Year holidays fall this year and the application of five floating holidays, the College will be officially closed Dec. 22-26, 2008, and Jan. 1 and 2, 2009. Administrative offices will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31, with the following exceptions reported in time for inclusion in the YS:
- The Office of Human Resources will be open Dec. 29 and 30 and closed on Dec. 31.
- Printing Services will be closed Dec. 29-31 (effectively from Dec. 20 to Jan. 4).
- Academic buildings will be locked at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, and will remain locked until 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 5. (Students requiring access to academic buildings during this period will need to have a "Permission for Admittance Card" issued by a faculty or staff member.)
- The Book Mark will be open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
- The Market Place and Dining Room close at 6 p.m. tonight (Thursday, Dec. 18) and will remain closed through Saturday, Jan. 3, reopening at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 4.
- Courtyard Café hours: Thursday, Dec. 18 - 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 19 - 8-10:30 a.m.; Saturday, Dec. 20-Sunday, Dec. 28 - CLOSED; Monday, Dec. 29-Wednesday, Dec. 31 - 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 1-Sunday, Jan. 4 - CLOSED.
- The Library will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 19, 29, 30, and 31. Interlibrary loan requests submitted over the holiday break (effectively Dec. 19, 2008-Jan. 4, 2009) will not be processed until Monday, Jan. 5. Please plan accordingly for delays. If you have questions or concerns about possible delays, please contact the library or e-mail Sonja Timmerman.
- Lund Center will be open until 8 p.m. today (Thursday, Dec. 18), from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 19, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 20. Following the break, the building will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Dec. 29 and 30 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Dec. 31. The pool will be open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Dec. 19 and 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
Benefit Response... From Pat Stevensen (telecommunications): "Thank you! The overwhelming generosity of the Gustavus community toward my husband and myself has been wonderful. You are truly my extended family! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
|Today 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-295/47771Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-step-with-steph-2/47686Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|1–2 pm||CIC Grant Opportunity Webinarhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cic-grant-opportunity-webinar/47784President's Dining Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|6–8 pm||Fair Prep Partyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fair-prep-party-4/47597Alumni Hall|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball at St. Olaf Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-at-st-olaf-college-7/45883Northfield, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball hosts St. Olaf Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-hosts-st-olaf-college-4/45793St. Peter, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Dance 4 Fun w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-4-fun-w-gabe-hwc-2/47799Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8–9 pm||Coffeehouse Guitarist Dustin Kaiserhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/coffeehouse-guitarist-dustin-kaiser/47761Courtyard Café|
|Tomorrow 6–6:40 am||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-brenda-2/47700Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbath: "Student Speaker"https://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-student-speaker-6/47772Christ Chapel|
|10:30 am to 12:30 pm||Foreign Language Equivalency Examshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/foreign-language-equivalency-exams/47608Culpeper Language Learning Center, Vickner 108|
|11:30 am to 1 pm||Jaime Hollis Welcome Receptionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/jaime-hollis-welcome-reception/47601Diversity Center|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-97/45734Banquet Room C - St. Peter Banquet Room|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Pyramid with Lauriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-pyramid-with-laurie-2/47726Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|2–4 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/47458Olin 124 Lab|
|5–6 pm||Tabata w/Lydia and Christina (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-w-lydia-and-christina-hwc/47896Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Dance Jam w/ Kayla (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-jam-w-kayla-hwc/47868Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Feb 12 6:30–7:30 am||Cardio Dance w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-w-gabe-hwc-2/47924Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-296/47773Christ Chapel|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-3/47660Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|11:45 am to 12:15 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-3/47745Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Dance4Fun (Cardio Dance) with Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-dance4fun-cardio-dance-with-gabe-2/47713Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:30–4 pm||All-Employee Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/all-employee-meeting-11/47791Alumni Hall|
|2:45–3:45 pm||Liberate the Booty w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-2/47841Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–8:30 pm||Spread the Love Food Packhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/spread-the-love-food-pack/47249Dining Service Banquet Rooms (St. Peter, Heritage, and Three Crowns)|
|6:30 pm||Gymnastics at UW-La Crossehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gymnastics-at-uw-la-crosse-3/45855La Crosse, Wis.|
|7 pm||Women's Hockey at Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-bethel-university-6/45821Blaine, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-3/47798Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:05–10:05 pm||Men's Hockey hosts Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-hosts-bethel-university-2/45206St. Peter, Minn.|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: The Internhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-intern/47776Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|8–11:59 pm||Laser Taghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/laser-tag/47966Alumni Hall|
|Feb 13 8:30 am||Men's Tennis hosts UW-Eau Clairehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-hosts-uw-eau-claire-4/47273St. Peter, Minn.|
|10:30 am to noon||Around the World w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/around-the-world-w-gabe-hwc-2/47937Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|11:30 am||Men's Track and Field at Carleton Meet of Heartshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-track-and-field-at-carleton-meet-of-hearts/47363Northfield, Minn.|
|11:30 am||Women's Track and Field at Carleton Meets of Heartshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-track-and-field-at-carleton-meets-of-hearts/47364Northfield, Minn.|
|1 pm||Men's Basketball hosts Hamline Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-hosts-hamline-university-4/45884St. Peter, Minn.|
|1 pm||Women's Tennis at University of Northern Iowahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-tennis-at-university-of-northern-iowa/47520Cedar Falls, Iowa|
|2 pm||Women's Hockey hosts Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-hosts-bethel-university-3/45822St. Peter, Minn.|
|2 pm||Women's Tennis hosts Southwest Minnesota Statehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-tennis-hosts-southwest-minnesota-state/47518St. Peter, Minn.|
|3 pm||Women's Basketball hosts Hamline Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-hosts-hamline-university-4/45794St. Peter, Minn.|
|4 pm||Men's Tennis at Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-at-saint-john-s-university-2/47274Sartell, Minn.|
|6:30 pm||Women's Tennis hosts University of Sioux Fallshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-tennis-hosts-university-of-sioux-falls-2/47519St. Peter, Minn.|
|7–10 pm||Men's Hockey at Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-at-bethel-university-6/45207Blaine, Minn.|
|7:30–9:30 pm||The Gustavus Choir Home Concert, 2016https://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-gustavus-choir-home-concert-2016/46100Christ Chapel|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: The Internhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-intern/47777Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
||PA SNL - Date Night on Icehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pa-snl-date-night-on-ice/48015Lund Center|
|Feb 14 10 am to 5 pm||Special Olympics Basketballhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/special-olympics-basketball/48022Lund Center Forum|
|10:30–11:30 am||Sunday Worship with Holy Communion (Sunday Worshipping Community)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/sunday-worship-with-holy-communion-sunday-worshipping-community-37/46053Christ Chapel|
|1 pm||Gymnastics at Hamlinehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gymnastics-at-hamline-5/45856St. Paul, Minn.|
|3:30–5:30 pm||The Gustavus Symphony Orchestra & Gustavus Jazz Lab Band Internation Tour Home Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-gustavus-symphony-orchestra-gustavus-jazz-lab-band-internation-tour-home-concert/46101Bjorling Recital Hall|
|5:30–7 pm||Friends of Music Reception for Gustavus Symphony Orchestra & Jazz Lab Bandhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/friends-of-music-reception-for-gustavus-symphony-orchestra-jazz-lab-band/47609Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum|
|6–7 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-3/47796Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Dance 4 Fun w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-4-fun-w-gabe-hwc-2/47813Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Feb 15 All day||Gustie for a Dayhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-for-a-day-5/46937Gustavus Campus|
||Intern in Sweden through the Wallenberg Internship Awardhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/intern-in-sweden-through-the-wallenberg-internship-award/47787Career Development|
|Feb 15 6:30–7:30 am||Pure Movementhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pure-movement/47883Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE-Pyramid w/ Lauriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-pyramid-w-laurie/47618Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4:30–6:30 pm||Spring Involvement Fairhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/spring-involvement-fair/47346Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|5–6 pm||HIIT (HWC) w/ Morgan and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/hiit-hwc-w-morgan-and-christina-2/47953Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–6:45 pm||Strength Training w/Mata (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/strength-training-w-mata-hwc/47911Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–8 pm||Gusties Connect 2016 - Sioux Fallshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gusties-connect-2016-sioux-falls/46803Tre Lounge, 601 W 33rd Street, Sioux Falls, SD 57105|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-3/47976Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||Exploring Religious Questions Serieshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/exploring-religious-questions-series-6/47592Olin Room 103|
|Feb 16 6–6:40 am||WE Fitness Class-Boot Camp with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-boot-camp-with-brenda-2/47632Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–9:30 am||Writing Program Open Help Sessionshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/writing-program-open-help-sessions/4754649er Room|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-3/47661Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|11:45 am to 12:15 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-2/47646Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|2:30–5 pm||Dr. Shakti Butler Workshop: Understanding White Culture as a 21st Century Leadership Skillhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/dr-shakti-butler-workshop-understanding-white-culture-as-a-21st-century-leadership-skill/47552Alumni Hall|
|5–6 pm||Liberate the Booty w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-2/47828Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Dance Jam w/ Kayla (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-jam-w-kayla-hwc/47855Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Feb 17 11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-step-with-steph-2/47687Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–8 pm||Gusties Connect 2016 - Phoenixhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gusties-connect-2016-phoenix/46969ASU Karsten, 1125 East Rio Salado Parkway, Tempe, AZ 85281|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball hosts Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-hosts-saint-john-s-university-4/45885St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball at College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-college-of-saint-benedict-6/45795Saint Joseph, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Dance 4 Fun w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-4-fun-w-gabe-hwc-2/47800Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
||Men's Swimming and Diving at MIAC Championshipshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-swimming-and-diving-at-miac-championships-5/45916Minneapolis, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Swimming and Diving at MIAC Championshipshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-swimming-and-diving-at-miac-championships-5/45928Minneapolis, Minn.|
|Feb 18 6–6:40 am||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-brenda-2/47701Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Session (tenure-track only)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-tenure-track-only-15/45735Banquet Room B - Heritage Banquet Room|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Pyramid with Lauriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-pyramid-with-laurie-2/47727Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Thought Forms: A Fireside Chat at the Intersection of Science and Arthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/thought-forms-a-fireside-chat-at-the-intersection-of-science-and-art/47555Courtyard Café|
|5–6 pm||Tabata w/Lydia and Christina (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-w-lydia-and-christina-hwc/47897Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–8:30 pm||Gusties Connect 2016 - Tucsonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gusties-connect-2016-tucson/46715Tucson, AZ|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Dance Jam w/ Kayla (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-jam-w-kayla-hwc/47869Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Physics Seminar - Industrial Machine Automationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/physics-seminar-industrial-machine-automation/48021Olin Hall Room 220|
|Feb 19 All day||Registration Deadlinehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/registration-deadline-13/37952Gustavus Campus|
|6:30–7:30 am||Cardio Dance w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-w-gabe-hwc-2/47925Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10:30 am to 3 pm||Summer Camp Fairhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/summer-camp-fair-3/47590Heritage Banquet Room|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-3/47662Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|11:45 am to 12:15 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-3/47746Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Dance4Fun (Cardio Dance) with Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-dance4fun-cardio-dance-with-gabe-2/47714Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2:45–3:45 pm||Liberate the Booty w/ Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-2/47842Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–7 pm||Chili and Pie-Offhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/chili-and-pie-off/46482Interpretive Center|
|6 pm||Gymnastics hosts UW-Eau Claire (Senior/Parent Night)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/gymnastics-hosts-uw-eau-claire-senior-parent-night/45857St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Hockey at Hamline Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-hamline-university-6/45823St. Paul, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-3/47977Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:05–10:05 pm||Men's Hockey hosts Hamline University (Senior Night)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-hosts-hamline-university-senior-night/45208St. Peter, Minn.|
|8–10 pm||Love's Labour's Losthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/love-s-labour-s-lost/45836Anderson Theatre|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Crimson Peakhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-crimson-peak/47778Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|10–11:30 pm||Gusties After Dark - Bingohttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gusties-after-dark-bingo-2/48017Dive|
|Feb 20 All day||Theatre/Dance Scholarship Dayhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/theatre-dance-scholarship-day/46938Gustavus Campus|
8 hours ago by Nick Hoelmer
12 hours ago by CJ Siewert
From Featured Homepage – Athletics
17 hours ago by CJ Siewert
17 hours ago by CJ Siewert
2 days ago by CJ Siewert
2 days ago by Leah Anderson '16
Last week by Logan Boese
Last week by JJ Akin '11
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
3 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
3 months ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
3 months ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
3 months ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
3 months ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
3 months ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (firstname.lastname@example.org or x6413).