The Yellow Sheet for December 18
December 18, 2008 | Volume 41, Number 15
Volume 41, Number 15
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Thank Yous
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
IRS Announces New Mileage Rate... The IRS has announced that the optional business standard mileage rate will be 55 cents beginning January 1, 2009. The rate had been 58.5 cents per mile for the period from July 1, 2008, through Dec. 31, 2008. A reimbursement to employees up to this rate for qualifying use of their own vehicles will meet the requirements of an accountable plan for reimbursement of employee business expenses.
Donations for the St. Peter Area Food Shelf... St. Peter Area Food Shelf donations will again be accepted at this year's Support Staff Holiday Luncheon on Friday, Dec. 19. Bring any items you wish to donate with you to the luncheon—non-perishable food items, personal care items, and monetary donations are all appreciated.
Parking during the Holiday Break... Regular parking will be enforced for the duration of the holiday break. Employees should park in Green permit parking, and Red and Yellow parking will be closed for snow removal.
Vehicles left unattended over Christmas recess must be parked in the gravel parking lot north of Southwest Hall, or the gravel lot west of the music building. Vehicles left in Red or Yellow parking lots will be towed at the owner's expense.
Any employee vehicles left overnight need to be parked in designated Green permit overnight parking in the Stadium Lot. Please contact Safety and Security (x8809) if you have any questions.
E-Reserves... Although it may seem premature to be thinking about the January Interim with fall semester just drawing to a close, remember to get your e-reserves for January to Sonja Timmerman in the library as soon as you can. The quicker she gets them, the quicker they get posted! Sonja adds, "If you're really ahead of the ball game, I'm also able to post spring semester readings."
Health and Wellness Working Group's Report Available for Review... The draft report and recommendations from the Health and Wellness Working Group are now available for review on the Web. The password-protected link is: https://gustavus.edu/provost/strategicdirections/workinggroupreports.php. Thanks to all members of the working group and especially to Heather Dale, Karl Larson, and Kari Eckheart, who served as chairs.
YS Publication Notice... This is the last Yellow Sheet of the fall semester. The YS will not be published again until Jan. 8, 2009.
Archives Display... A display mounted by Jeff Jenson (archives) near the reference desk in the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library features the life work of Claire Hobart (1914-1993), a 1935 Gustavus graduate who was blind. Hobart devoted his life to spreading the gospel through song and teaching blind students in Laredo, Texas. Displayed materials include photographs, clippings, song books, poetry, and hymns from the Claire Hobart collection of songs and poems held by the College Archives. More information about Hobart is contained in the collection's finding aid, which may be found online at gustavus.edu/academics/library/archives/CAMC0019.php.
Carrie Newcomer Returns to Gustavus... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection, the week of Jan. 12-16. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in these events as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop with Carrie Newcomer in Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation with Carrie Newcomer" lunch at President’s Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch at the Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the January Interim course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion of what it can mean to live an undivided life of purpose and connection to our community. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Keep Moving... The Pulse Training and Fitness Studio (in the woolen mill building just east of the St. Peter Food Co-op; 934-1157 or thepulsefitness.com) is offering a dance remix class on Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m. The cost is only $2 per student and $5 for adults. Dance remix is a 60-minute class that includes a variety of hip-hop, salsa, and more to keep you moving. Also, students are invited to come to a free 30-minute Boot Camp class, Monday, Dec. 22, at 5:15 p.m. Students who come to Monday's class can enter their names in a drawing for a free one-month membership.
Chad Winterfeldt (music) participated in an Olivier Messiaen centenary celebration presented by the Twin Cities Chapter of the American Guild of Organists on Nov. 29 at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis. Thirteen members of the chapter performed individual movements from Messiaen's La Nativité du Seigneur, as well as other works by the celebrated 20th-century composer, on the recently restored 82-rank Wicks pipe organ.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
- Anna Deike, graphic designer/production manager (marketing and communication)
New Support Staff
- William Kastens, part-time custodian (physical plant)
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Seminars and Institutes... Each year NEH offers college and university faculty opportunities to study humanities topics in a variety of summer seminars and institutes. All faculty members selected to participate in a seminar or institute will be awarded a fixed stipend of $2,000 (2 weeks), $2,600 (3 weeks), $3,200 (4 weeks), $3,800 (5 weeks), or $4,200 (6 weeks) to help cover the costs of travel, books and other research expenses, and living expenses. The dates and duration of each project along with application information are listed at http://neh.gov//projects/si-university.html. The application deadline is March 2, 2009. Applications and requests for expanded program information should be submitted to the directors of the chosen program.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or email@example.com).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The St. Cloud Times printed an opinion piece on Wednesday, Dec. 3, written by Gustavus students Aliza Henning, Andi Eglinton, and Ashley Debilzen about genocide in Darfur.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Wednesday, Dec. 10, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- WCCO, KARE-11, KSTP-Channel 5, and KEYC-TV ran stories on their Wednesday, Dec. 10, newscasts about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Al Molde (athletics) and Haugen were quoted in the story.
- The Star Tribune printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Haugen was quoted in the story.
- The St. Paul Pioneer Press printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- KFAN 1130-AM announced the hiring of Peter Haugen in its sports updates on Thursday, Dec. 11.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Thursday, Dec. 11, front-page story and two color photos about St. Lucia. Brian Johnson (chaplains' office) and students Sarah Cartwright, Megan Myhre, Amber Kirk, and Rachel Schmitt were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story and photo in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Currents section about the Michael Johnson concert.
- KEYC-TV ran a story about Rachel Schmitt being crowned St. Lucia on its Thursday, Dec. 11, newscasts. Schmitt was interviewed for the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on Friday, Dec. 12, about campus reaction to the hiring of Peter Haugen as head football coach. Student-athlete Hamada Omar was quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed two color photos on the front page of its Friday, Dec. 12, Valley section about the crowning of St. Lucia. The Free Press also posted a photo gallery from the ceremony on its website.
- Jeff Owen (economics & management) was quoted in a Friday, Dec. 12, Chicago Sun Times article about the financial impact of Chicago hosting the Olympics. The article was also printed in the Southtown Star.
- The Southern Minnesota SportZone printed stories about the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the men’s and women’s hockey teams in its Winter 2008-09 edition.
- New head football coach Peter Haugen (athletics) appeared on WCCO Radio’s Sports Tonight show with host Steve Thompson on Monday, Dec. 15.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Special Office and Facility Hours during the Break... Due to the way the Christmas and New Year holidays fall this year and the application of five floating holidays, the College will be officially closed Dec. 22-26, 2008, and Jan. 1 and 2, 2009. Administrative offices will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31, with the following exceptions reported in time for inclusion in the YS:
- The Office of Human Resources will be open Dec. 29 and 30 and closed on Dec. 31.
- Printing Services will be closed Dec. 29-31 (effectively from Dec. 20 to Jan. 4).
- Academic buildings will be locked at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, and will remain locked until 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 5. (Students requiring access to academic buildings during this period will need to have a "Permission for Admittance Card" issued by a faculty or staff member.)
- The Book Mark will be open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
- The Market Place and Dining Room close at 6 p.m. tonight (Thursday, Dec. 18) and will remain closed through Saturday, Jan. 3, reopening at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 4.
- Courtyard Café hours: Thursday, Dec. 18 - 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 19 - 8-10:30 a.m.; Saturday, Dec. 20-Sunday, Dec. 28 - CLOSED; Monday, Dec. 29-Wednesday, Dec. 31 - 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 1-Sunday, Jan. 4 - CLOSED.
- The Library will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 19, 29, 30, and 31. Interlibrary loan requests submitted over the holiday break (effectively Dec. 19, 2008-Jan. 4, 2009) will not be processed until Monday, Jan. 5. Please plan accordingly for delays. If you have questions or concerns about possible delays, please contact the library or e-mail Sonja Timmerman.
- Lund Center will be open until 8 p.m. today (Thursday, Dec. 18), from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 19, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 20. Following the break, the building will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Dec. 29 and 30 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Dec. 31. The pool will be open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Dec. 19 and 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
Benefit Response... From Pat Stevensen (telecommunications): "Thank you! The overwhelming generosity of the Gustavus community toward my husband and myself has been wonderful. You are truly my extended family! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
|Today 10:30–11:30 am||Sunday Worshiping Communityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/sunday-worshiping-community-20/48978Christ Chapel|
|2–3 pm||SCWABBLE w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/scwabble-w-gabe-hwc/49805Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–5 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel: Ubuntu, Jesu: From the Cradle of Humankind to the Ends of the Earthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-ubuntu-jesu-from-the-cradle-of-humankind-to-the-ends-of-the-earth/50700Christ Chapel|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49672Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel: Ubuntu, Jesu: From the Cradle of Humankind to the Ends of the Earthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-ubuntu-jesu-from-the-cradle-of-humankind-to-the-ends-of-the-earth/50701Christ Chapel|
|Tomorrow 6:30–7:30 am||Pure Movement w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/pure-movement-w-gabe-hwc/49776Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-441/50774Christ Chapel|
|noon to 12:30 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-4/49318Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class - Dance 4 Fun (Cardio Dance) with Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-dance-4-fun-cardio-dance-with-gabe/49339Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|1:30–1:50 pm||Meditationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/meditation-17/50765Interfaith Space, Campus Center 104|
|1:30–2:30 pm||Intro to CALL Certificate Sessionshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/intro-to-call-certificate-sessions/50444Humanities Resource Room (Confer 230), Culpeper Language Learning Center (Vickner 108)|
|5–6 pm||Tabata w/Lydia and Christina (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-w-lydia-and-christina-hwc-2/49717Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Dance 4 Fun w/Tasha (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-4-fun-w-tasha-hwc/49688Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meeting- Come for Community Comment!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-come-for-community-comment-2/50507Gustavus Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|7–8:30 pm||In Our Own Voicehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/in-our-own-voice/50687Beck Hall 201|
|Dec 6 All day||WE- Pilates with Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-pilates-with-rachel-2/49541Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–6:40 am||WE- Bootcamp with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-bootcamp-with-brenda-2/49528Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-442/50776Christ Chapel|
|10–10:30 am||The annual Winds of Christmas Concert in Christ Chapelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-annual-winds-of-christmas-concert-in-christ-chapel/49240Christ Chapel|
|2–3 pm||Gustavus Acts Strategic Planning Open Discussion Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-acts-strategic-planning-open-discussion-session-2/50727St. Peter Room|
|5–6 pm||Liberate the Booty w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-3/49747Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Dance Cardio w/Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-cardio-w-megan-hwc/49703Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 7 6:40–7:20 am||WE Fitness Class-Pure Movement with Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-pure-movement-with-gabe/49556Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-443/50778Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-4/49589Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:30–1:30 pm||Lunch & Learn - Graduate School: University of Minnesota Carlson School of Managementhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/lunch-learn-graduate-school-university-of-minnesota-carlson-school-of-management/50769Career Development|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-step-with-steph-3/49604Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3:30–5 pm||Nobel Conference 2017 "Reproductive Technologies" Planning Grouphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/nobel-conference-2017-reproductive-technologies-planning-group/4992849er Room|
|4–5 pm||Phillips Scholars Informationalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/phillips-scholars-informational-3/50612The Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|4–5 pm||Stress Bustershttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/stress-busters-4/50177Konferensrum, Campus Center|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Cardio Kickboxinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-kickboxing/49732Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball at St. Olafhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-at-st-olaf/49170Northfield, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball hosts St. Olafhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-hosts-st-olaf/49108St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Hockey at UW-River Fallshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-uw-river-falls-6/49085River Falls, Wis.|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49673Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|9–10 pm||Third Street Jazz: Gustavus Jazz at Patrick'shttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/third-street-jazz-gustavus-jazz-at-patrick-s/49246Patrick's on Third|
|Dec 8 All day||The Festival of Saint Luciahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-festival-of-saint-lucia/50694Gustavus Adolphus College Campus|
|6–6:40 am||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-brenda-3/49619Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-444/50779Christ Chapel|
|11 am to 1 pm||Festival of Lucia Luncheonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/festival-of-lucia-luncheon/50615Alumni Hall|
|11:30 am to 1:20 pm||Teachers Talkinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/teachers-talking-130/49888St. Peter Banquet Room|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Pyramid with Lauriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-pyramid-with-laurie-3/49631Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|1:30–1:50 pm||Meditationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/meditation-17/50766Interfaith Space, Campus Center 104|
|5–6 pm||Taekwondo Practicehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/taekwondo-practice/50476Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–8 pm||Kwanzaahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/kwanzaa-5/50492Heritage Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|7–8 pm||2016 Art and Language Showcasehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/2016-art-and-language-showcase/50269Culpeper Language Learning Center, Vickner 108|
|7–8 pm||Exploring Sign Languages Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/exploring-sign-languages-meeting/50356Humanities Resource Room (Confer 230)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49674Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8:30 pm||Shared Spacehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/shared-space-3/49828Kresge Studio - Fine Arts Center|
|9–10 pm||Pure Movement w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/pure-movement-w-gabe-hwc-2/49791Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 9 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-445/50780Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||WE Fitness Class-Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-yoga-with-kelly-4/49590Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|noon to 12:30 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-4/49820Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|1:30–1:50 pm||Meditationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/meditation-17/50767Interfaith Space, Campus Center 104|
|2:30–3:30 pm||Queer and Questioninghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/queer-and-questioning/5011349er Room, lower level of the Campus Center, next to CAO desk|
|2:45–4 pm||Liberate the Booty with Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-with-gabe-hwc/49762Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|3–4 pm||Psychological Science Fall Research Symposiumhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/psychological-science-fall-research-symposium-3/50146Torrey Atrium, Beck Hall|
|7–8 pm||Senior Honors Theatre Productions: Andrea Broman and Andy Lupinekhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/senior-honors-theatre-productions-andrea-broman-and-andy-lupinek/50556Anderson Theatre|
|7:05 pm||Men's Hockey hosts St. Scholastica (Parents Weekend)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-hosts-st-scholastica-parents-weekend/49059St. Peter, Minn.|
|8–10 pm||Michael Johnson in Concert, A Gustavus Artist Series Presentationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/michael-johnson-in-concert-a-gustavus-artist-series-presentation-3/49225Bjorling Recital Hall|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: The Magnificent Sevenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-magnificent-seven/50581Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|8:30–10 pm||Shared Spacehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/shared-space-3/50330Kresge Studio - Fine Arts Center|
|Dec 10 10:30 am to noon||A Woodwind Chamber Ensembles Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/a-woodwind-chamber-ensembles-concert-2/49242Bjorling Recital Hall|
|1 pm||Gymnastics hosts 4th Annual Alumni Meethttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gymnastics-hosts-4th-annual-alumni-meet/49126St. Peter, Minn.|
|1 pm||Women's Basketball at Saint Mary'shttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-saint-mary-s/49109Winona, Minn.|
|1–2:30 pm||Shared Spacehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/shared-space-3/49829Kresge Studio - Fine Arts Center|
|1:30–3 pm||2016 Brassworks! in Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/2016-brassworks-in-concert/49241Bjorling Recital Hall|
|2 pm||Women's Hockey hosts UW-River Fallshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-hosts-uw-river-falls-5/49086St. Peter, Minn.|
|3 pm||Men's Basketball at Saint Mary'shttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-at-saint-mary-s/49171Winona, Minn.|
|4–5:30 pm||Theatre Galleryhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/theatre-gallery/49825The Black Box - Fine Arts Center|
|7–8 pm||Senior Honors Theatre Productions: Andrea Broman and Andy Lupinekhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/senior-honors-theatre-productions-andrea-broman-and-andy-lupinek/50557Anderson Theatre|
|7:05 pm||Men's Hockey hosts UW-Eau Claire (Parents Weekend)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-hosts-uw-eau-claire-parents-weekend/49060St. Peter, Minn.|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: The Magnificent Sevenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-magnificent-seven/50582Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|8:30–10 pm||Theatre Galleryhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/theatre-gallery/49827The Black Box - Fine Arts Center|
|Dec 11 10:30–11:30 am||Sunday Worshiping Communityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/sunday-worshiping-community-20/48979Christ Chapel|
|1–2:30 pm||Theatre Galleryhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/theatre-gallery/50331The Black Box - Fine Arts Center|
|1:30–3 pm||The Gustavus Philharmonic Orchestra Fall Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-gustavus-philharmonic-orchestra-fall-concert-4/49243Bjorling Recital Hall|
|2–3 pm||SCWABBLE w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/scwabble-w-gabe-hwc/49806Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5:30 pm||Shared Spacehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/shared-space-3/49830Kresge Studio - Fine Arts Center|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/McKenzie (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-mckenzie-hwc-2/49675Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8:30 pm||Theatre Galleryhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/theatre-gallery/50332The Black Box - Fine Arts Center|
|7–9 pm||A String Chamber Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/a-string-chamber-concert/50667Bjorling Recital Hall|
|9–10:15 pm||Repeat the sounding Joy: A Vespers Servicehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/repeat-the-sounding-joy-a-vespers-service-2/50777Christ Chapel|
|Dec 12 6:30–7:30 am||Pure Movement w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/pure-movement-w-gabe-hwc/49777Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–9:30 am||Leadership 101 Sessionshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/leadership-101-sessions/50729Konferensrum (JCC 203A)|
|8:30–10:30 am||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/49507Olin 124 Lab|
|11:30 am to 12:30 pm||Gustavus Acts Strategic Planning Open Discussion Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-acts-strategic-planning-open-discussion-session-3/50728President's Dining Room|
|noon to 12:30 pm||WE Fitness Class-TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-trx-with-troy-4/49319Lund-3rd Floor Forum|
|12:40–1:20 pm||WE Fitness Class - Dance 4 Fun (Cardio Dance) with Gabehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-fitness-class-dance-4-fun-cardio-dance-with-gabe/49340Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|1:30–1:50 pm||Meditationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/meditation-17/50768Interfaith Space, Campus Center 104|
|5–6 pm||Tabata w/Lydia and Christina (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-w-lydia-and-christina-hwc-2/49718Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Dance 4 Fun w/Tasha (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-4-fun-w-tasha-hwc/49689Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meeting- Come for Community Comment!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-come-for-community-comment-2/50508Gustavus Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|Dec 13 All day||WE- Pilates with Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-pilates-with-rachel-2/49542Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–6:40 am||WE- Bootcamp with Brendahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/we-bootcamp-with-brenda-2/49529Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|1–2 pm||Leadership 101 Sessionshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/leadership-101-sessions/50730Konferensrum (JCC 203A)|
|1:30–2:30 pm||Tech Bytes: Get your class actively engaged by using Student Responsehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tech-bytes-get-your-class-actively-engaged-by-using-student-response-2/49305Olin Hall Lab 124B|
|5–6 pm||Liberate the Booty w/Gabe (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/liberate-the-booty-w-gabe-hwc-3/49748Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball hosts North Centralhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-hosts-north-central/49172St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball at UW-Stouthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-uw-stout/49110Menomonie, Wis.|
|7–8 pm||Dance Cardio w/Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/dance-cardio-w-megan-hwc/49704Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 14 All day||Last Day of Classes for Fall Semesterhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/last-day-of-classes-for-fall-semester/38000Gustavus Campus|
|Nov 21, 2016 to Jan 27, 2017 All day||ACTION! The Anatomy of Leroy Neiman's Champions, on view at the Hillstrom Museum of Art November 21, 2016 through January 27, 2017https://gustavus.edu/calendar/action-the-anatomy-of-leroy-neiman-s-champions-on-view-at-the-hillstrom-museum-of-art-november-21-2016-through-january-27-2017/50619Hillstrom Museum of Art|
1 hour ago by Trent Jackson
1 hour ago by CJ Siewert
5 hours ago by Trent Jackson
5 hours ago by CJ Siewert
7 hours ago by Trent Jackson
2 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 days ago by JJ Akin '11
5 days ago by JJ Akin '11
2 weeks ago by Sophie Leininger
2 weeks ago by Stephanie Ash
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
3 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Theatre & Dance – Fine Arts
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (email@example.com or x6413).