The Yellow Sheet for December 18
Volume 41, Number 15
Volume 41, Number 15
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Thank Yous
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
IRS Announces New Mileage Rate... The IRS has announced that the optional business standard mileage rate will be 55 cents beginning January 1, 2009. The rate had been 58.5 cents per mile for the period from July 1, 2008, through Dec. 31, 2008. A reimbursement to employees up to this rate for qualifying use of their own vehicles will meet the requirements of an accountable plan for reimbursement of employee business expenses.
Donations for the St. Peter Area Food Shelf... St. Peter Area Food Shelf donations will again be accepted at this year's Support Staff Holiday Luncheon on Friday, Dec. 19. Bring any items you wish to donate with you to the luncheon—non-perishable food items, personal care items, and monetary donations are all appreciated.
Parking during the Holiday Break... Regular parking will be enforced for the duration of the holiday break. Employees should park in Green permit parking, and Red and Yellow parking will be closed for snow removal.
Vehicles left unattended over Christmas recess must be parked in the gravel parking lot north of Southwest Hall, or the gravel lot west of the music building. Vehicles left in Red or Yellow parking lots will be towed at the owner's expense.
Any employee vehicles left overnight need to be parked in designated Green permit overnight parking in the Stadium Lot. Please contact Safety and Security (x8809) if you have any questions.
E-Reserves... Although it may seem premature to be thinking about the January Interim with fall semester just drawing to a close, remember to get your e-reserves for January to Sonja Timmerman in the library as soon as you can. The quicker she gets them, the quicker they get posted! Sonja adds, "If you're really ahead of the ball game, I'm also able to post spring semester readings."
Health and Wellness Working Group's Report Available for Review... The draft report and recommendations from the Health and Wellness Working Group are now available for review on the Web. The password-protected link is: https://gustavus.edu/provost/strategicdirections/workinggroupreports.php. Thanks to all members of the working group and especially to Heather Dale, Karl Larson, and Kari Eckheart, who served as chairs.
YS Publication Notice... This is the last Yellow Sheet of the fall semester. The YS will not be published again until Jan. 8, 2009.
Archives Display... A display mounted by Jeff Jenson (archives) near the reference desk in the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library features the life work of Claire Hobart (1914-1993), a 1935 Gustavus graduate who was blind. Hobart devoted his life to spreading the gospel through song and teaching blind students in Laredo, Texas. Displayed materials include photographs, clippings, song books, poetry, and hymns from the Claire Hobart collection of songs and poems held by the College Archives. More information about Hobart is contained in the collection's finding aid, which may be found online at gustavus.edu/academics/library/archives/CAMC0019.php.
Carrie Newcomer Returns to Gustavus... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection, the week of Jan. 12-16. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in these events as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop with Carrie Newcomer in Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation with Carrie Newcomer" lunch at President’s Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch at the Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the January Interim course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion of what it can mean to live an undivided life of purpose and connection to our community. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Keep Moving... The Pulse Training and Fitness Studio (in the woolen mill building just east of the St. Peter Food Co-op; 934-1157 or thepulsefitness.com) is offering a dance remix class on Friday, Dec. 19, at 5 p.m. The cost is only $2 per student and $5 for adults. Dance remix is a 60-minute class that includes a variety of hip-hop, salsa, and more to keep you moving. Also, students are invited to come to a free 30-minute Boot Camp class, Monday, Dec. 22, at 5:15 p.m. Students who come to Monday's class can enter their names in a drawing for a free one-month membership.
Chad Winterfeldt (music) participated in an Olivier Messiaen centenary celebration presented by the Twin Cities Chapter of the American Guild of Organists on Nov. 29 at the Basilica of Saint Mary in Minneapolis. Thirteen members of the chapter performed individual movements from Messiaen's La Nativité du Seigneur, as well as other works by the celebrated 20th-century composer, on the recently restored 82-rank Wicks pipe organ.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
- Anna Deike, graphic designer/production manager (marketing and communication)
New Support Staff
- William Kastens, part-time custodian (physical plant)
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) Summer Seminars and Institutes... Each year NEH offers college and university faculty opportunities to study humanities topics in a variety of summer seminars and institutes. All faculty members selected to participate in a seminar or institute will be awarded a fixed stipend of $2,000 (2 weeks), $2,600 (3 weeks), $3,200 (4 weeks), $3,800 (5 weeks), or $4,200 (6 weeks) to help cover the costs of travel, books and other research expenses, and living expenses. The dates and duration of each project along with application information are listed at http://neh.gov//projects/si-university.html. The application deadline is March 2, 2009. Applications and requests for expanded program information should be submitted to the directors of the chosen program.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or email@example.com).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The St. Cloud Times printed an opinion piece on Wednesday, Dec. 3, written by Gustavus students Aliza Henning, Andi Eglinton, and Ashley Debilzen about genocide in Darfur.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Wednesday, Dec. 10, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- WCCO, KARE-11, KSTP-Channel 5, and KEYC-TV ran stories on their Wednesday, Dec. 10, newscasts about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on the front page of its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Al Molde (athletics) and Haugen were quoted in the story.
- The Star Tribune printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach. Haugen was quoted in the story.
- The St. Paul Pioneer Press printed a story in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Sports section about Peter Haugen being named head football coach.
- KFAN 1130-AM announced the hiring of Peter Haugen in its sports updates on Thursday, Dec. 11.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Thursday, Dec. 11, front-page story and two color photos about St. Lucia. Brian Johnson (chaplains' office) and students Sarah Cartwright, Megan Myhre, Amber Kirk, and Rachel Schmitt were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story and photo in its Thursday, Dec. 11, Currents section about the Michael Johnson concert.
- KEYC-TV ran a story about Rachel Schmitt being crowned St. Lucia on its Thursday, Dec. 11, newscasts. Schmitt was interviewed for the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on Friday, Dec. 12, about campus reaction to the hiring of Peter Haugen as head football coach. Student-athlete Hamada Omar was quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press printed two color photos on the front page of its Friday, Dec. 12, Valley section about the crowning of St. Lucia. The Free Press also posted a photo gallery from the ceremony on its website.
- Jeff Owen (economics & management) was quoted in a Friday, Dec. 12, Chicago Sun Times article about the financial impact of Chicago hosting the Olympics. The article was also printed in the Southtown Star.
- The Southern Minnesota SportZone printed stories about the men’s and women’s basketball teams and the men’s and women’s hockey teams in its Winter 2008-09 edition.
- New head football coach Peter Haugen (athletics) appeared on WCCO Radio’s Sports Tonight show with host Steve Thompson on Monday, Dec. 15.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Special Office and Facility Hours during the Break... Due to the way the Christmas and New Year holidays fall this year and the application of five floating holidays, the College will be officially closed Dec. 22-26, 2008, and Jan. 1 and 2, 2009. Administrative offices will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31, with the following exceptions reported in time for inclusion in the YS:
- The Office of Human Resources will be open Dec. 29 and 30 and closed on Dec. 31.
- Printing Services will be closed Dec. 29-31 (effectively from Dec. 20 to Jan. 4).
- Academic buildings will be locked at 6 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 18, and will remain locked until 7 a.m. Monday, Jan. 5. (Students requiring access to academic buildings during this period will need to have a "Permission for Admittance Card" issued by a faculty or staff member.)
- The Book Mark will be open 9 a.m.-2 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
- The Market Place and Dining Room close at 6 p.m. tonight (Thursday, Dec. 18) and will remain closed through Saturday, Jan. 3, reopening at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 4.
- Courtyard Café hours: Thursday, Dec. 18 - 7:30 a.m.-3 p.m.; Friday, Dec. 19 - 8-10:30 a.m.; Saturday, Dec. 20-Sunday, Dec. 28 - CLOSED; Monday, Dec. 29-Wednesday, Dec. 31 - 8 a.m.-2 p.m.; Thursday, Jan. 1-Sunday, Jan. 4 - CLOSED.
- The Library will be open 8 a.m.-4:45 p.m. on Dec. 19, 29, 30, and 31. Interlibrary loan requests submitted over the holiday break (effectively Dec. 19, 2008-Jan. 4, 2009) will not be processed until Monday, Jan. 5. Please plan accordingly for delays. If you have questions or concerns about possible delays, please contact the library or e-mail Sonja Timmerman.
- Lund Center will be open until 8 p.m. today (Thursday, Dec. 18), from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Friday, Dec. 19, and from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Dec. 20. Following the break, the building will be open 10 a.m.-6 p.m. on Dec. 29 and 30 and 10 a.m.-4 p.m. on Dec. 31. The pool will be open 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m. on Dec. 19 and 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m. on Dec. 29, 30, and 31.
Benefit Response... From Pat Stevensen (telecommunications): "Thank you! The overwhelming generosity of the Gustavus community toward my husband and myself has been wonderful. You are truly my extended family! Wishing you a Blessed Christmas and a Happy New Year!"
|Tomorrow 6–6:40 am||Fitness Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fitness-yoga-4/46368Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-273/47111Christ Chapel|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46390Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46253Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Yoga w/ Rachel (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-w-rachel-hwc/46824Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 2 9–11 am||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46532Olin 124 Lab|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-274/47113Christ Chapel|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Cardio Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-5/46404Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46425Lund Hockey Arena|
|4:30–5:30 pm||Kickboxing (HWC) w/ Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/kickboxing-hwc-w-rachel/46302Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball hosts Saint Mary's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-hosts-saint-mary-s-university-4/45865St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball at Saint Mary's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-saint-mary-s-university-6/45776Winona, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Jen Onsum- An advocate for people with disabilitieshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/jen-onsum-an-advocate-for-people-with-disabilities/47091Beck Hall 101|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/ Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-megan-hwc-2/46326Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 3 6–6:40 am||Strictly Strengthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/strictly-strength/46439Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-275/47114Christ Chapel|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-29/46451Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-94/45730Phi Beta Kappa Room|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46391Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46470Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Power Bootcamp w/ Kaitlin (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/power-bootcamp-w-kaitlin-hwc/46310Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Chinese Paper Cuttinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/chinese-paper-cutting/47120Courtyard Café|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-christina/46240Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house-3/46616Swedish House|
||Men's Swimming and Diving at Jean Freeman Invitehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-swimming-and-diving-at-jean-freeman-invite/45910Minneapolis, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Swimming and Diving at Jean Freeman Invitehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-swimming-and-diving-at-jean-freeman-invite/45922Minneapolis, Minn.|
|Dec 4 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbath: Hymns on Taphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-hymns-on-tap-2/47115The Dive|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Pilateshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pilates/46463Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46426Lund Hockey Arena|
|2–4 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46533Olin 124 Lab|
|4:30–6 pm||Faculty Shop Talkhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-shop-talk-52/45700Interpretive Center|
|7:05–10:05 pm||Men's Hockey hosts Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-hosts-saint-john-s-university-4/45193St. Peter, Minn.|
|7:30 pm||Women's Hockey at College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-college-of-saint-benedict-6/45808Saint Joseph, Minn.|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45751Christ Chapel|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Magic Mike XXLhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-magic-mike-xxl/47039Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Dec 5 1 pm||Men's Basketball at Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-at-augsburg-college-6/45866Minneapolis, Minn.|
|2 pm||Women's Hockey hosts College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-hosts-college-of-saint-benedict-4/45809St. Peter, Minn.|
|2–5 pm||Men's Hockey at Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-at-saint-john-s-university-6/45194St. Cloud, Minn.|
|3 pm||Women's Basketball at Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-augsburg-college-6/45777Minneapolis, Minn.|
|3:30–5 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45752Christ Chapel|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45753Christ Chapel|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Magic Mike XXLhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-magic-mike-xxl/47040Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Dec 6 3:30–5 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45754Christ Chapel|
|5–6 pm||Tabata (HWC) w/Emily and Alexhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-w-emily-and-alex/46203Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-2/46228Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45755Christ Chapel|
|Dec 7 11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-with-kelly-2/46344Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Pyramid Circuithttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pyramid-circuit/46357Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|4:45–5:30 pm||HIIT (HWC) w/ Morgan and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/hiit-hwc-w-morgan-and-christina/46279Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–7 pm||Straight Up Strength (HWC) w/Matahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/straight-up-strength-hwc-w-mata/46216Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meeting- Come for Community Comment!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-come-for-community-comment/46743Gustavus Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-megan-3/46190Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||Reflections on the Paris Attacks: A Gustavus Faculty Teach-Inhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/reflections-on-the-paris-attacks-a-gustavus-faculty-teach-in/47101Confer Hall 128|
|Dec 8 6–6:40 am||Fitness Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fitness-yoga-4/46369Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8–10 am||Scandinavian Yuletide Breakfasthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/scandinavian-yuletide-breakfast-2/47137Jackson Campus Center-Dining Rooms|
|10–10:30 am||The 2015 Winds of Christmas Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-2015-winds-of-christmas-concert/46097Christ Chapel|
|10 am to noon||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46534Olin 124 Lab|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46392Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46254Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|6–9 pm||2016 Democratic Election Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/2016-democratic-election-meeting/47119Konferensrum, Campus Center|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Yoga w/ Rachel (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-w-rachel-hwc/46825Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 9 7:30–9 am||Gustie Breakfast - Kathy Lund Deanhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-breakfast-kathy-lund-dean/47051Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Cardio Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-5/46405Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46427Lund Hockey Arena|
|1–2:30 pm||Webinar: Investigate and Adjudicate Sexual Misconducthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/webinar-investigate-and-adjudicate-sexual-misconduct/46852Beck Hall 121|
|4:30–5:30 pm||Kickboxing (HWC) w/ Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/kickboxing-hwc-w-rachel/46303Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball at Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-at-bethel-university-6/45867Arden Hills, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball hosts Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-hosts-bethel-university-4/45778St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Hockey at UW-River Fallshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-uw-river-falls-5/45810River Falls, Wis.|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/ Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-megan-hwc-2/46327Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–9:30 pm||Coffeehouse Scandinavian Winter Celebrationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/coffeehouse-scandinavian-winter-celebration/47082Courtyard Café|
|Dec 10 6–6:40 am||Strictly Strengthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/strictly-strength/46440Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|9–10 am||Provost Q&Ahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/provost-q-a/46794Jackson Campus Center - Upper Level Tables|
|10–10:30 am||Festival of St. Luciahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/festival-of-st-lucia-14/42132Christ Chapel|
|11 am to 1:30 pm||Festival of St. Lucia Smörgåsbordhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/festival-of-st-lucia-sm-rg-sbord/45757Alumni Hall|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-29/46452Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|noon to 1 pm||Authentic People with Real Disabilities: Learn How to Represent this Important Diversityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/authentic-people-with-real-disabilities-learn-how-to-represent-this-important-diversity/46734Beck Hall 121|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-95/45731Phi Beta Kappa Room|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46393Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2–4 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46535Olin 124 Lab|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46471Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Power Bootcamp w/ Kaitlin (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/power-bootcamp-w-kaitlin-hwc/46311Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–11:59 pm||The Sound of Musichttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-sound-of-music/47045The Ordway|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-christina/46241Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house-3/46617Swedish House|
3 hours ago by Nick Hoelmer
6 hours ago by CJ Siewert
From Athletics » Featured Homepage
10 hours ago by JJ Akin '11
Yesterday by CJ Siewert
Yesterday by Nick Hoelmer
Yesterday by CJ Siewert
5 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
5 days ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » First
5 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
5 days ago by Leah Anderson '16
From News » Second
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » Third
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (email@example.com or x6413).