- Download the two plugins (#1 is rikaichan_0_5_11.xpi and the first one under #2 is rikaichan-en_1_01.xpi) by right-clicking anc choosing save target as.
- Open a Firefox browser window.
- Drag rikaichan_0_5_11.xpi from the folder you downloaded it to into the open Firefox window.
- Wait for the countdown and then click “install.”
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 with rikaichan-en_1_01.xpi.
- Quit Firefox.
- Rikaichan will be ready to use the next time you open Firefox.
There are two ways to use Rikaichan: simple translation and in-depth translation.
You can look up words quickly by going to the Tools menu and choosing Toggle rikaichan. Then when you go to a Japanese website you can simply highlight a word by scrolling your mouse over it and a simple translation will pop up.
For a more in depth translation go to the Tools menu and choose Look up with rikaichan. A bar will then appear at the top of your web browser in which you can enter Japanese words for translation.