Microsoft Home Use Program
(Redirected from Hup)
Microsoft has changed how they make Office available
Microsoft has recently changed how they make their Office Product available to faculty and staff. The Home Use Program (HUP) allows Gustavus employees, who have Office installed on their college owned machine, the option of purchasing the most current version of Office for one personally owned machine for a minimal price ($9.95).
The new simplified process is done online. Technology Services will no longer provide discs for Microsoft Office home use.
The ordering process
This ordering/download/install process will work best if done from your personally owned (home) computer where Office will be installed, A broadband connection is recommended.
- Go to https://gustavus.edu/forms/hup.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an e-mail invitation within 24 hours with directions for completing the process.
- Look in your Gustavus mail account for an e-mail from firstname.lastname@example.org.
The e-mail should look similar to this:
- Click on the "Buy Now" link in your copy of the e-mail.
- Follow the remaining steps to purchase your copy of Office. If at any point and time you are asked for your Gustavus e-mail please use email@example.com.
Getting more information
Additional details are available, from Microsoft at their FAQ page, http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/faq.aspx?culture=en-US. The FAQ includes:
- Program & Eligibility
- Purchase & Order Support
- Products, Licenses & Options
- Activate, Install & Download
- Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
Which products are available?
The products available today are Office 2013 Professional Plus Edition for Windows, or Office 2011 for Mac, both with optional language packs. Please note: Files created in Office 2010 for Windows and 2011 for the Mac are in the same file format as files created in Office 2007 for Windows and Office 2008 for the Mac.
Who is eligible?
All full-time Gustavus Adolphus faculty, administrator and staff members are eligible for one copy of Office for use on a home computer if he or she:
- is the primary user of a College-owned computer that has Office on it (in any version);
- continues to be employed by Gustavus Adolphus College.