Microsoft Home Use Program
(Redirected from Hup)
Gustavus licensing now provides for two methods for receiving Microsoft office. Office 365 Free Download - will work as long as you are an active student or employee of the College.
NOTE: Since the college has transitioned to Office 365 which provides a free download of Microsoft Office for home use, most Employees will find Option 1 to be the preferable choice.
Both processes are done online. Technology Services will no longer provide discs for Microsoft Office home use.
Option 1 - Office 365 Free download
Please visit https://gustavus.edu/gts/Office_365
Option 2 - Purchasing Microsoft Office
This ordering/download/install process will work best if done from your personally owned (home) computer where Office will be installed, A broadband connection is recommended.
- Go to https://gustavus.edu/forms/hup.
Once you have completed the form, you will receive an e-mail invitation within 24 hours with directions for completing the process.
- Look in your Gustavus mail account for an e-mail from email@example.com.
The e-mail should look similar to this:
- Click on the "Buy Now" link in your copy of the e-mail.
- Follow the remaining steps to purchase your copy of Office. If at any point and time you are asked for your Gustavus e-mail please use firstname.lastname@example.org.
Getting more information
Additional details are available, from Microsoft at their FAQ page, http://www.microsofthup.com/hupus/faq.aspx?culture=en-US. The FAQ includes:
- Program & Eligibility
- Purchase & Order Support
- Products, Licenses & Options
- Activate, Install & Download
- Returns, Refunds & Exchanges
Which products are available?
The products available today are Office 2016 Professional Plus Edition for Windows or Mac.
Who is eligible?
All full-time Gustavus Adolphus faculty, administrator and staff members are eligible for one copy of Office for use on a home computer if he or she:
- is the primary user of a College-owned computer that has Office on it (in any version);
- continues to be employed by Gustavus Adolphus College.