Gustavus AntiVirus Checking Tool
Gustavus Network Registration requires that machines be running a detectable and current antivirus application. If you have an antivirus application that you would like to use (other than Symantec EndPoint Protection), please use the Gustavus Antivirus Checking Tool to verify your software and allow you to register your machine.
Please note: Beginning in the 2014-2015 academic year, Gustavus Technology Services will no longer offer Symantec Endpoint Protection for installation on personally-owned computers. Campus network users (Windows) will still be required to have a functional antivirus program installed on their computer. These programs include Norton, Kaspersky, etc. On Windows 8 machines, the standard Windows Defender program is recommended.
Download the Gustavus Antivirus Checking Tool
The Gustavus Antivirus Checking Tool is available to Gustavus students on the GReg Download Page.
- Click the link on the GReg Download Page for Gustavus Antivirus Checking Tool.
- When prompted select Save File.
- Save the file to a location you can find.
Install the Gustavus AntiVirus Checking Tool
- Double click the GustavusAVChecker.exe file after the download is complete.
- If prompted supply credentials to allow the installation.
- Click Next to begin the installation.
- When the installation is complete, click the Finish button.
Run the Gustavus AntiVirus Checking Tool
- From the Start Menu, select All Programs, in the Gustavus Folder, select Gustavus Security Center.
- Wait for Gustavus Security Center to load.
- Verify that your antivirus is detected.
- Click the Register Computer button.
- A browser window will open to the Gustavus Network Registration pages asking you to register your computer.
- You will receive a confirmation. Follow the directions on screen and reboot your computer.
- Verify that your network connectivity is working.