Why We Work Together
How shared governance enables us to effectively discharge our shared responsibility to advance the mission and vision of the College.
October 11, 2013, 2:30–4:00 pm, Heritage Room (JC 215)
- Moderator's introduction (5 minutes)
- How does shared governance help ensure that Gustavus is a wisely managed enterprise? (15 minutes)
- In what specific ways does shared governance help advance the Mission? (15 minutes)
- We talk about what shared governance is. What is it not? (15 minutes)
- Does shared governance look any different in a time of (potentially) dramatic change within the academy? (15 minutes)
- Open discussion (25 minutes) – continue any of the above or address other aspects of "Why We Work Together"
Related Specific Topics
- 1966 Statement on Government of Colleges and Universities
- Statement on Board Responsibility for Institutional Governance
- Summary of Key Gustavus Governance Documents (Full versions: Purple Pages and Blue Pages)
- Faculty Communication with Governing Boards: Best Practices (added after October 11)
- Confidentiality and Faculty Representation in Academic Governance (added after October 11)
- Competing Views of Shared Governance (added after October 11)
Notes From the Open Session
More Ideas? Couldn't Attend?