Tuition & Details
Cost is $550 per student for the entire length of the Institute, which includes:
- Full room and board in the Gustavus dormitories and Cafeteria.
- Four 45-minute private lessons with a faculty member.
- Daily side-by-side rehearsals with their teacher playing in the section.
- String sectionals led by faculty members.
- One practice session with a Gustavus music student.
- Four 90-minute Music Theory and Ear Training sessions.
- Student and faculty recital performances.
- A panel discussion involving Admissions, music faculty, and current Gustavus students about applying for college.
- Movie night.
- Tentative trip to Twin Cities to hear a concert.
*A group rate of $500 is available for groups of three or more students from the same high school. A $100 non-refundable deposit is due at the point of registration (details on the registration form). Balance will be due at the beginning of the Institute.