The Writing Center is staffed by Gustavus students from a variety of majors across the curriculum, all of whom want to help you take charge of your own writing process.
We're here to help you clarify your own ideas and hone your written communication skills as you learn the conventions of academic writing across the college. The Writing Center is not an editing or proofreading service. Writing Consultants can, however, help you learn to self-edit and work with you on the grammar, punctuation, and usage problems that you identify. For optimal service, please bring a copy of your assignment and two copies of your draft.
We welcome the opportunity to talk with you about your writing at any stage in the process. In other words, we work with writers who are just getting started, writers who already have a rough draft, and writers who are ready to consider finishing touches. When you come the Writing Center, you can expect:
- a one-on-one consultation with a peer tutor
- help with reading and interpreting assignments
- discussion of revision and revision strategies
- assistance with brainstorming, planning, and invention
- attention to thesis development and argument
- assistance with style, usage, and documentation
- help with editing strategies.
Events and Announcements
- The Writing Center will be closed onSunday the 20th and Monday the 21st of April due to Easter recess.