Inside Gustavus (September 6, 2012)
Volume 45, Number 2
Brandy Russell (Chemistry) has been appointed Director of the Midstates Consortium for Math and Science.
Sarah Ruble's (Religion) book, The Gospel of Freedom of Power: Protestant Missionaries in American Culture After World War II, has been published by the University of North Carolina Press. More information is available online.
David Fienen, Emeritus Professor of Music and former Provost, will present an organ recital at First Lutheran Church in St. Peter at 4p.m. Sunday, Sept. 30. His program will include Baroque works by Johann Sebastian Bach and Dieterich Buxtehude, the "Sonata for Organ opus 84" by Jan Bender (commissioned by First Lutheran and premiered by Dr. Fienen as part of the organ dedication recital series just over 30 years ago), and another "Sonata" by the Swedish composer Otto Olson. This program is part of the church's Music for Missions series. A reception will follow the performance. More information is available online.
An article by Darrell Jodock (Religion) will be the cover story in the October issue of The Lutheran. Its title is "Lutherans & Politics: The 'Two Kingdoms' and Putting the Needs of Others First."
Chuck Niederriter (Physics) and recent grads, Amy Audette ’12 and Kevin Clark ’12, presented their NSF CCLI supported work on "Integrating Sustainability Across and Within the Science Curriculum", at the summer meeting of the American Association of Physics Teachers in Philadelphia. Chuck’s talk shared the title of the NSF grant and summarized the work of Amy, Kevin, Hasanga Samaraweera ’11 and Amanda Hochstatter ’11, as well as co-pi’s Jim Dontje (Johnson Center, Colleen Jacks (Biology) and Jeff Jeremiason (Chemistry and Environmental Studies) in developing new labs for Gustavus science courses based on sustainability concepts. Amy Audette’s poster, "Wind Turbine and Geothermal Lab Development", and Kevin Clark’s poster "Biofuels: Production and Quantification Methods for Undergraduate Laboratories", described some of the labs in greater detail.
Amanda Nienow (Chemistry) and student Megan Crow, '14, presented a poster titled "The photodegradation of imazethapyr on corn and soybean waxes," at the national American Chemical Society meeting in Philadelphia on August 20 and 21.
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Science Foundation's (NSF) Research in Undergraduate Institutions (RUI)
The RUI program supports research for faculty members of predominately undergraduate institutions through support for 1) individual and collaborative research projects, 2) the purchase of shared-use research instrumentation, and 3) Research Opportunity Awards for work with NSF-supported investigators at other institutions. These RUI programs are described online. For more information, contact the NSF program director of the research program to which a proposal might be submitted. To locate the appropriate program officer, go online to nsf.gov/staff/.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
- A 47 second video on YouTube of the Gustie Greeters on freshmen move-in day has been viewed more than 700 times as of Thursday, Sept. 6.
- A photo gallery on Flickr of freshmen move-in day has been viewed more than 675 times as of Thursday, Sept. 6.
- A photo gallery on Flickr of the first day of fall semester classes has been viewed more than 250 times as of Thursday, Sept. 6.
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story on Aug. 30 about student Marah Sobczak who was injured in a car accident.
- KEYC-TV ran a story on Aug. 30 about Marah Sobczak. Vice President JoNes VanHecke was interviewed for the story.
- KEYC-TV ran a story on Aug. 30 about the hot weather and visited Gustavus football practice. Student-athlete Andre Creighton, Head Athletic Trainer Troy Banse and Head Football Coach Peter Haugen were interviewed for the story.
- KEYC-TV ran a story on Aug. 31 about first-year student move-in day. Students Elizabeth Froden and Maria Vochlan were interviewed for the story.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story on Aug. 30 about the Hillstrom Museum of Art's upcoming exhibit, 150 Years of Swedish Art.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story on Aug. 30 about Bruce Gray's new book, Black and Bold, which chronicles President Edgar Carlson's vision and plan for making the recruitment of blacks a centerpiece of Gustavus's contribution to the civil rights struggles of the 60s and 70s.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story on Aug. 30 about Gustavus's new iPad application. Vice President Tom Crady is quoted in the story.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story on Aug. 30 about student Alecia Woods and her tradition of donating her hair to the Pantene Beautiful Lengths program.
- Several Twin Cities television stations including KARE-11 ran a story on Sept. 3 about Gustavus senior Anna Eames winning a silver medal at the Paralympic Games in London. The Star Tribune also printed a note about Eames in its Sept. 4 Sports section.
- WCCO Radio ran a story on Sept. 3 about Anna Eames winning a silver medal. Jon Carlson (Athletics) was interviewed for the story.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story on Sept. 6 about author Wes Moore's upcoming speaking appearance on campus.
- Gustavus was ranked No. 6 by BestCollegesOnline.com on a list of "10 Colleges That Get Greek Life Right." The full list is available online.
- Leila Brammer (Communication Studies) was quoted by Mail & Guardian, a weekly South African newspaper, about President Obama and his reelection prospects. The article has been picked up by a number of International news sites.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Matt Thomas (x7510 or email@example.com).
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
* New Administrators
- Annabel Landaverde, Multi-cultural Recruitment Admission Counselor
- Jessica Braun, Nurse Practitioner, Student Health Services
- Mary Carlson, Assistant Forensics Coach
- Robert Elwell, Assistant Football Coach
- Bradley Kruckeberg, Assistant Football Coach
- Max Malmquist, Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
- Skylar Schulz, Assistant Men's Soccer Coach
- Jordan Hawkinson, Assistant Men's and Women's Golf Coach
- Laurie Kelly, Head Women's Basketball Coach
- David Martinson, Assistant Men's Hockey Coach and Assistant Ice Arena Manager
- Travis Raines, Web Developer, GTS
* New Support Staff
- Lindsey Kolek, Custodian
- Rosalia Larson, Custodian
- Tiffany Thomson, Information Desk Monitor, Lund Center
President's Cabinet Summary
The President's Cabinet met on Aug. 21, Aug. 28, Sept. 4 and discussed the following items:
- Director of Human Resources Kirk Beyer was present to review procedures for the hiring, appointment, and staff reclassification processes. Following a review by the President's Cabinet and approval by the President, all searches are required to go through the Human Resources Office. Kirk shared an appointment form for Cabinet members to complete when an appointment in their respective area is made. This procedure will ensure that the Human Resources Office has all the information they need to process a new hire.
- Director of Community Service Jeffrey Rathlef was present to discuss the 2015 Carnegie Elective Classification for Community Engagement. Members agreed that the College should move forward with the process to apply to the Carnegie Foundation to receive the Classification for Community Engagement. Jeffrey will lead this effort and plans to submit an application to the Carnegie Foundation by April 15, 2014. Provost Braun and Jeffrey will work with the Faculty Senage to move this conversation forward.
- President Ohle reviewed the tentative schedule for the October 11-12 Board of Trustees meetings.
- Following discussion regarding the 2012-13 operating budget, President Ohle introduced the idea of holding a College Budget Committee once a month during the usual Cabinet meeting time. Members concurred.
- The proposed 2012-13 institutional goals were discussed.
- Plans for the August 29 Colloquium and President's Dinner were discussed. The draft powerpoint for the Colloquium was reviewed.
- Members reviewed draft policies and a plan to address FY 2012 concerns and FY 2013 and future years regarding restricted funds.
- Members approved the hiring of a part-time Swanson Tennis Center replacement position (Director).
- Members approved the hiring of a Dining Services replacement position (cashier - 30 hours).
- Members approved the hiring of a full-time GTS replacement position (Unix System Administrator).
- Members were reminded that offices should be staffed on Labor Day since it is not a Gustavus holidy. Employees who wish to have the day off are required to take a vacation day or PTO.
- Members approved the hiring of a part-time replacement position for the high risk drinking ititiative (20 hours/10 months).
News & Announcements
Marah Sobczak...Some of you might be aware that junior Marah Sobczak and her younger sister were involved in a serious car accident in late August. A Caring Bridge website has been created to update those interested in their recovery process.
Staff Reclassification Committee...The Staff Reclassification Committee (SRC) is scheduled to meet Sept. 25 to review and evaluate complete reclassification requests received in the Department of Human Resources by Sept. 19. Complete requests are those submitted on the "Position Description Questionnaire" form (normally completed by the employee) and accompanied by a "Request for Job Description Review" form completed by the supervisor and signed by the appropriate Vice President. Both forms are available in the Department of Human Resources. Requests for reclassification received after Sept. 19 will be carried to the next meeting of the Committee to be scheduled for March 2013.
New Spanish Journal...Several Gustavus Spanish students are launching a new film and cinema online journal called El Tintero. All works will be written in Spanish by Gustavus students. Ian Shay '13 is the fall editor, while Trevor Oestenstad '13 will serve as the Spring editor. The group's faculty advisor is Angelique Dwyer (Modern Languages, Literatures, and Cultures). The journal can be viewed online and people can submit creative works in Spanish by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Gustie Breakfast...The next Gustie Breakfast on Wednesday, Sept. 12 will feature President Jack Ohle, who will speak about the College's new partnership with the American Swedish Institute in South Minneapolis. Reserve your spot by e-mailing email@example.com or by calling 507-933-6043. On-campus Gustie Breakfasts are held at 7:30 a.m. on the second Wednesday of each month in a campus banquet room. Cost is $8 for an individual or $15 per couple, payable at the door.
Celebrate St. Peter Day...The second annual Celebrate St. Peter Day will take place Saturday, Sept. 15 in honor of the town that has been the home of the College since 1876. All events on campus are free including Fall Fest in the Arboretum, Gustavus football vs. Augsburg, Gustavus women's soccer vs. Concorida, tours of the Olin Observatory, Geology Museum, and the Hillstrom Museum of Art, and more! More information about the day's events is available online.
GLA Membership Tea...Gustavus Library Associates will hold its Fall Membership Tea from 10:30 a.m. to Noon on Monday, Sept. 17 at the President's House. All friends and friends of friends are welcome!
Chapel Schedule... All are invited to the worship services at 10 a.m. weekdays and 10:30 a.m. Sundays in Christ Chapel. The upcoming schedule is as follows.
- Sunday, Sept. 9 - Chaplain Sabina Koij
- Monday, Sept. 10 - Vice President of Marketing & Communication Tim Kennedy
- Tuesday, Sept. 11 - Chaplain Grady St. Dennis
- Wednesday, Sept. 12 - Morning Prayer with The Choir of Christ Chapel
- Thursday, Sept. 13 - Taize Contemplative Worship
- Friday, Sept. 14 - Claire Curren '13
The Saint Peter Choral Society invites area singers to join them to prepare two performances of Brahms' Gypsy Songs and American composer Kirke Mechem's cantata Singing is So Good A Thing with the chamber orchestra next February 10th and 17th, 2013 in St. Peter and Montgomery. There are no auditions or membership fees. Music is provided. Rehearsals start Sept. 10 from 7:15 to 9 p.m. at Trinity Lutheran Church. You will meet several members of the Gustavus faculty there, including Dr.John Holte, SPCS president, and a quartet of choral scholars from the Gustavus student body. For more information, contact director Sara McKay at 934-6176.
- Gail Ann Boyer Satterlee, the mother of Amy Vizenor (Education), passed away on Sunday, Sept. 2 at Mayo Clinic Health System in Mankato at the age 68, just 10 days after being diagnosed with end-stage stomach cancer. A memorial service was held at 11 a.m. Thursday, Sept. 6 at Belgrade Avenue United Methodist Church in North Mankato with Rev. Dan Horn officiating. Gail is survived by her husband, Warren; daughter Amy (Jeff); son Brian (Stella); three granddaughters; father Walter "Skeet" Boyer; and brother Gary. She was preceded in death by her mother Mildred.
To inform the campus community of the death of a current student, employee, or trustee; an emeritus professor or trustee; or an immediate family member of a current employee, contact the Office of the President (x7538 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Death announcements and funeral notices for students, current and emeritus faculty and employees, and trustees will be sent to the community via written notice from the president, posted on community-l, the official campus-wide e-mail list, and published in the Inside Gustavus or Summer Scoop. Notices for immediate family members of current employees will be published in the Inside Gustavus or the Summer Scoop unless they occur during a publication break, in which case they will be posted on employee-l.
Carpool?...Do you commute to Gustavus from the metro area of Minneapolis, Richfield, Edina or Bloomington (Highway 169 or 62 corridors)? Interested in starting a car pool? Contact Michele at email@example.com.
"Plugs" is maintained as a forum by which members of the Gustavus community may offer goods and/or services to others in the community, or seek the same from them. It is not meant to accommodate ads or announcements from area businesses such as real estate agents or retailers, although from time to time such announcements may be published when deemed to be of particular interest to the community.
||Thanksgiving Recesshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/thanksgiving-recess-7/37997Gustavus Campus|
|Tomorrow 8:30–10 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house-3/46615Swedish House|
|Nov 28 4 pm||Women's Hockey vs. Elmira College (Panther/Cardinal Classic)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-vs-elmira-college-panther-cardinal-classic/45806Middlebury, Vt.|
|Nov 29 1 pm||Women's Hockey vs. Plattsburgh State University (Panther/Cardinal Classic)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-vs-plattsburgh-state-university-panther-cardinal-classic/45807Middlebury, Vt.|
|4–6:30 pm||Men's Basketball hosts Buena Vista Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-hosts-buena-vista-university-3/45863St. Peter, Minn.|
|5–6 pm||Tabata (HWC) w/Emily and Alexhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-w-emily-and-alex/46202Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-2/46227Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Nov 30 All day||Career Exploration Registration Deadlinehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/career-exploration-registration-deadline/46158Career Development (lower level Campus Center)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-272/47110Christ Chapel|
|11 am to noon||Tech Bytes: Virtual Meeting Spaceshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tech-bytes-virtual-meeting-spaces/45937Olin Hall 124B|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-with-kelly-2/46343Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Pyramid Circuithttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pyramid-circuit/46356Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|4:45–5:45 pm||HIIT (HWC) w/ Morgan and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/hiit-hwc-w-morgan-and-christina/46278Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–8:30 pm||WRITI Dinner and Workshop: Using Writing to Assess Student Learning in the WRITI Coursehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/writi-dinner-and-workshop-using-writing-to-assess-student-learning-in-the-writi-course/46883President's Dining Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|6–7 pm||Straight Up Strength (HWC) w/Matahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/straight-up-strength-hwc-w-mata/46215Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meeting- Come for Community Comment!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-come-for-community-comment/46742Gustavus Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-megan-3/46189Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 1 6–6:40 am||Fitness Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fitness-yoga-4/46368Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-273/47111Christ Chapel|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46390Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46253Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Yoga w/ Rachel (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-w-rachel-hwc/46824Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 2 9–11 am||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46532Olin 124 Lab|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-274/47113Christ Chapel|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Cardio Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-5/46404Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46425Lund Hockey Arena|
|4:30–5:30 pm||Kickboxing (HWC) w/ Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/kickboxing-hwc-w-rachel/46302Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball hosts Saint Mary's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-hosts-saint-mary-s-university-4/45865St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball at Saint Mary's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-saint-mary-s-university-6/45776Winona, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Jen Onsum- An advocate for people with disabilitieshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/jen-onsum-an-advocate-for-people-with-disabilities/47091Beck Hall 101|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/ Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-megan-hwc-2/46326Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 3 6–6:40 am||Strictly Strengthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/strictly-strength/46439Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-275/47114Christ Chapel|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-29/46451Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-94/45730Phi Beta Kappa Room|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46391Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46470Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Power Bootcamp w/ Kaitlin (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/power-bootcamp-w-kaitlin-hwc/46310Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-christina/46240Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house-3/46616Swedish House|
||Men's Swimming and Diving at Jean Freeman Invitehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-swimming-and-diving-at-jean-freeman-invite/45910Minneapolis, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Swimming and Diving at Jean Freeman Invitehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-swimming-and-diving-at-jean-freeman-invite/45922Minneapolis, Minn.|
|Dec 4 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbath: Hymns on Taphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-hymns-on-tap-2/47115The Dive|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Pilateshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pilates/46463Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46426Lund Hockey Arena|
|2–4 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46533Olin 124 Lab|
|4:30–6 pm||Faculty Shop Talkhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-shop-talk-52/45700Interpretive Center|
|7:05–10:05 pm||Men's Hockey hosts Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-hosts-saint-john-s-university-4/45193St. Peter, Minn.|
|7:30 pm||Women's Hockey at College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-college-of-saint-benedict-6/45808Saint Joseph, Minn.|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45751Christ Chapel|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Magic Mike XXLhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-magic-mike-xxl/47039Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Dec 5 1 pm||Women's Basketball at Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-augsburg-college-7/45866Minneapolis, Minn.|
|2 pm||Women's Hockey hosts College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-hosts-college-of-saint-benedict-4/45809St. Peter, Minn.|
|2–5 pm||Men's Hockey at Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-at-saint-john-s-university-6/45194St. Cloud, Minn.|
|3 pm||Women's Basketball at Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-augsburg-college-6/45777Minneapolis, Minn.|
|3:30–5 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45752Christ Chapel|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45753Christ Chapel|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Magic Mike XXLhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-magic-mike-xxl/47040Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
5 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
7 hours ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » First
7 hours ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
7 hours ago by Leah Anderson '16
From News » Second
21 hours ago by Nick Hoelmer
Yesterday by Nick Hoelmer
Yesterday by Nick Hoelmer
Yesterday by Nick Hoelmer
Yesterday by CJ Siewert
From Athletics » Featured Homepage
6 days ago by JJ Akin '11
6 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
6 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Last week by JJ Akin '11
From News » Third
Last week by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Last week by Al Behrends
From News » Fourth
Inside Gustavus is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: Inside Gustavus, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. For more information, contact Matt Thomas (firstname.lastname@example.org or x7510).