The Yellow Sheet for January 8, 2009
Volume 41, Number 16
Volume 41, Number 16
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Congregational Outreach
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
How to Submit a Calendar Item... As the midpoint of the 2008-09 academic year approaches, we thought it appropriate to remind the community of the process for submitting events for the online College Calendar. Departments, student groups, and individuals may submit events to the online College Calendar to keep the campus updated on events and activities offered throughout the year. By using the online College Calendar as a central location for event announcements, the event will show up in the searchable, online campus calendar, and it will also show up in various locations on the Gustavus Web.
Submissions to the calendar can be made by clicking on the following link, and entering the appropriate information (date, time, location, event description, sponsor, and contact info). Submit an item. (This link may also be found through the Gustavus Homepage, clicking on Calendar, Make a Submission, Submit My Event.)
Once a submission has been made, it will be reviewed and approved by the Office of Marketing and Communication and then posted to the College Calendar. Those who visit the College’s homepage will be able to view the Calendar, which includes events for the day, week, and month.
United Way Update... Thanks to the thoughtful and generous response to the campus campaign for the 2009 St. Peter United Way Drive, by New Year’s Eve day we had surpassed the halfway mark ($7,600) toward our $13,000 campus goal. To all who have contributed already, a very heartfelt special thanks! To those who are still considering, here is a gentle reminder that we welcome your gift or pledge in the days ahead. Remember, the College will match “dollar for dollar” any new or increased giving to the 2009 campaign. Please know that payroll deduction is a great way to go! Contact Dean Wahlund in the Office of Marketing and Communication (x7521) or Barb Lundgren in the Finance Office (x7505) with your gift, or if you need a pledge card and information. "Give. Advocate. Volunteer . . . LIVE UNITED!"
Chapel Schedule... All are invited to the worship services at 10 a.m. weekdays and 10:30 a.m. Sundays in Christ Chapel. The upcoming schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Jan. 9 - Heather Dale (health service)
- Sunday, Jan. 11 - Baptism of Our Lord: Chaplain Rachel Larson
- Monday, Jan. 12 - Carrie Newcomer, singer/songwriter
- Tuesday, Jan. 13 - Mimi Gerstbauer (political science)
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 - Morning Praise
- Thursday, Jan. 15 - Chaplain Rachel Larson
- Friday, Jan. 16 - Neal Hagberg, singer/songwriter
Carrie Newcomer Returns... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus the week of Jan. 12-16 as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in the following events scheduled as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop, Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation" luncheon, Presidents Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail email@example.com.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch, Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the IEX course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop, Linner Lounge
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Marriage Conference... A "Love and Respect" marriage conference will be held Friday and Saturday, Feb. 6-7, at Word of Life Church, Le Sueur, Minn. Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, best selling author of Love and Respect who has been speaking to large groups across the country, and his wife, Sarah, will lead the conference, combining humor, scripture, and real life experience to deliver a powerful message. Tickets, which include dinner on Friday and continental breakfast and lunch on Saturday, are $25; they may be reserved in advance by calling 507-665-6393. For more information, visit www.wordoflifelbc.org or www.loveandrespect.com.
Naomi Quiram (postal services) was named Industry Person of the Year at the National Postal Customer Council Day event held in Mankato in September 2008. The award recognizes her contributions as a founding member of the South Central Minnesota Postal Customer Council (SCMPCC), which is now in its third year, as well as her current leadership and dedication to both communication with and education of mailers in south-central Minnesota. Her honor was marked in the January 2009 issue of Minnesota Valley Business.
- Jacob Lewis Phillips was born to Bridget Phillips (finance office) and her husband, Dave, at 12:55 a.m. Jan. 6. He weighed in at 7 lb., 2 oz.
- Franklin Bronk, father of Sue Walter (custodial) passed away Dec. 28, 2008, at his home in Winona, Minn. Burial was Dec. 31, 2008, in Winona.
- Kathleen Owen, wife of Lawrence Owen (English, emeritus) passed away Jan. 4 in Fort Worth, Texas. Condolences may be sent to 5625 Oak Meadow Drive Apartments, # 809, Fort Worth, TX 76132. A memorial service will be held in St. Peter later this spring.
To inform the campus community of the death of a current student, employee, or trustee; an emeritus professor or trustee; or an immediate family member of a current employee, contact the Office of the President (x7538 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Death announcements and funeral notices for students, current and emeritus faculty and employees, and trustees will be sent to the community via written notice from the president, posted on community-l, the official campus-wide e-mail list, and published in the Yellow Sheet or Summer Scoop. Notices for immediate family members of current employees will be published in the Yellow Sheet or the Summer Scoop unless they occur during a publication break, in which case they will be posted on employee-l.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
Visiting guest instructors for the January Interim:
- Numa Ali (MLLC)
- Michelle Barnett (psychology)
- Jerry Bohls (nondepartmental)
- Durkee Cha (art)
- Joan Easton (history)
- Kristin Higginbotham (art)
- Ben Leonard (history)
- Anne-Marie Sawyer-Aitch (theatre & dance)
- Peter Shea (philosophy)
- Jonathan Truitt (history)
- Kathryn Young (English)
Partners in Education... Presenters this weekend include Darrell Jodock (religion) on "Understanding Christian Identity amid Religious Pluralism" at St. James Lutheran Church in Crystal, Minn.; Chris Johnson (CVR) on "The Congregation as a Mentoring Community" at Calvary Lutheran of Rapidan, Minn.; and Grady St. Dennis (church relations) on "Lutheran Higher Education" at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Stewart, Minn. St. Dennis will also speak on "Observing the Speed Limit of Life" at St. John's Lutheran in Mound, Minn., on Wednesday, Jan. 14. On Jan. 4, Leila Brammer (communication studies) spoke on "FaceBook and MySpace" at Trinity Lutheran in Owatonna, Minn., and on January 7, Richard Leitch (political science) spoke on "The Politics of Homelessness" at St. John's Lutheran in Mound. Partners in Education is a program coordinated by the Office of Church Relations in which participating faculty and staff members prepare topical presentations for adult forums, workshops, and seminars in congregations of the ELCA.
Preaching in Congregations... On Sunday, Jan. 11, Grady St. Dennis (church relations) will preach at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Stewart at 10 a.m. On Jan. 4, he preached during three services at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in East Bethel, Minn. This program is coordinated by the Office of Church Relations.
Music in Worship... Any Gustavus music ensemble or soloist is welcome to perform in congregations. For more information, contact Marilyn Beyer (x7001).
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities Digital Humanities Start-up Grants... The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) invites proposals for the planning or initial stages of digital initiatives in all areas of the humanities. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants may involve research of new digital approaches, development of new digital modes of publication, exploration of digital methods for preservation or archival of humanities materials, planning new digital tools, or creating programs that address using innovative digital technologies in formal and informal educational settings. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants should result in plans, prototypes, or proofs of concept for long-term digital humanities projects prior to implementation. There are two levels of funding depending upon the stage of the project. Level I grant awards range from $5,000 to $25,000, while Level II grant awards range from $25,001 to $50,000. Up to 20 percent of the total grant may be used for the acquisition of computing hardware and software. The deadline for proposals is April 8. Projects are expected to begin in August 2009. Updated guidelines are expected to be posted soon. Until revisions are posted, the guidelines noted below may be used for reference, but should not be used to prepare an application. For more information and the guidelines, please see http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/ digitalhumanitiesstartup.html. For further information about previously funded projects, please visit http://www.neh.gov/ODH/ResourceLibrary/ LibraryofFundedProjects/tabid/111/Default.aspx.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or email@example.com).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The Star Tribune letter of the day on its Thursday, Dec. 18, Opinion page mentioned Gustavus and the Nobel Conference.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story and photo about Steven Chu, a lecturer at the 2007 Nobel Conference, being named Barack Obama’s energy secretary in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a photo of the St. Lucia ceremony in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story and color photo about Peter Haugen being named head football coach in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition. Haugen and Al Molde (athletics) were both quoted in the story.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a photo of men’s tennis player John Kauss and the American collegiate team that participated in the International University Challenge of Tennis in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a news brief in its Sunday, Dec. 21, Sports section about football player Joe Welch being named to the D3football.com All-West Region team.
- The St. Peter Herald named the hiring of President Jack Ohle the fourth biggest story in the St. Peter area for 2008 in its Thursday, Dec. 25, edition.
- The Gustavus forensics team was mentioned in a Saturday, Dec. 27, Mankato Free Press story about South Central College’s speech team.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Tuesday, Dec. 30, story about alum Kory Kath, who was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in November. Kath and Richard Leitch (political science) were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press mentioned Gustavus five times in its Year in Review 2008 special section on Thursday, Jan. 1.
- Minnesota Monthly magazine printed a profile of Gustavus as part of an article in its January 2009 edition about choosing the right college.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a letter to the editor about Rebecca Tulow written by Bob Douglas (geography) in its Thursday, Jan. 1, edition.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story about the women’s hockey team upsetting the #1 ranked team from Amherst in its Saturday, Jan. 3, Sports section. Head coach Mike Carroll (athletics) and sophomore Kelsey Johnson were quoted in the story.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Library Hours for January... The Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library will be open according to the following schedule during the January Interim: 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday; and 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Sunday.
Free to a Good Home: A gorgeous calico cat, about a year old. Just wandered up onto the farm. She will have had her shots, etc. Contact Thia at email@example.com for pictures or to meet her.
"Plugs" is maintained as a forum by which members of the Gustavus community may offer goods and services to others in the community, or seek the same from them. It is not meant to accommodate ads or announcements from area businesses such as real estate agents and retailers, although from time to time such announcements may be published when deemed to be of particular interest to the community.
||GHP Spring Fitness Challenge Registrationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-spring-fitness-challenge-registration-2/41196Gustavus Health Promotion|
|Today 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-44/41350Christ Chapel|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Yoga with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-yoga-with-brenda-haugen-2/40796Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:40–1:20 pm||GHP-Zumba with Jill VanOsdolhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-zumba-with-jill-vanosdol-2/40809Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HMC class) with Kelseyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hmc-class-with-kelsey/40993Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–6 pm||Cardio Dance Conditioning (HMC class) with Samarahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-conditioning-hmc-class-with-samara/40882Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8:30 pm||"Performing Gender: Sometimes I do and Sometimes I don't" -- Moe Lecture in GWS by Chimamanda Adichiehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/performing-gender-sometimes-i-do-and-sometimes-i-don-t-moe-lecture-in-gws-by-chimamanda-adichie/38950Alumni Hall|
|7–9 pm||Exploring Religious Questions Serieshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/exploring-religious-questions-series/40520Olin Hall 103|
|7–9 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-2/41319The Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|Tomorrow 3–3:30 am||Meet-n-Greet: Admission Student Tourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/meet-n-greet-admission-student-tours/41302The Diversity Center|
|7–8 am||Insanity (HMC class) with Hannahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/insanity-hmc-class-with-hanna/40967Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-45/41351Christ Chapel|
|3:30–4 pm||Meet-n-Greet: Admission Staffhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/meet-n-greet-admission-staff/41303The Diversity Center|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-megan/40899Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–8:30 pm||Solar Heat Workshophttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/solar-heat-workshop/41258Melva Lind Interpretive Center|
|7–8 pm||Step Interval (HMC class) With Cassiehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-interval-hmc-class-with-cassie/40766Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Weekly Meditationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekly-meditation-2/41323Interfaith Space|
|7–11:30 pm||Minnesota Wild Hockey Gamehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/minnesota-wild-hockey-game-2/41172Xcel Energy Center; St. Paul, MN|
|8–9 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Hayleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-hayley-3/41035Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
||St. Peter Reads Book Festivalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/st-peter-reads-book-festival-4/41339Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|Mar 12 7:30–9 am||St. Peter Gustie Breakfast - Student Panelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/st-peter-gustie-breakfast-student-panel/39101Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-46/41353Christ Chapel|
|11:30 am to 2:30 pm||2014 Gustavus Internship & Service Learning Fairhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/2014-gustavus-internship-service-learning-fair-2/40678Heritage Banquet Room|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Bootcamp with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-bootcamp-with-brenda-haugen-3/40822Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Cardio Strength (HMC class) with Carrie and Maggiehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-strength-hmc-class-with-carrie-and-maggie/40941Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Sculpt (HMC class) with Ashleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-sculpt-hmc-class-with-ashley/40980Lund Gymnastics Room|
|7–9 pm||PASO Trivia/Open Mic Nighthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/paso-trivia-open-mic-night/41336Courtyard Café|
|9–11 pm||Swing Dancinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/swing-dancing-6/41305Alumni Hall|
|Mar 13 6:30–7:20 am||GHP-Cardio Mix with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-cardio-mix-with-brenda-haugen-3/40836Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30 am to 4 pm||Day on the Hillhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/day-on-the-hill/41242RiverCentre (7th St. and Kellogg Ave, downtown St. Paul) & Rotunda and State Capital Complex (St. Paul)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-47/41358Christ Chapel|
|11:30 am to 1:30 pm||Teachers Talking Technologyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/teachers-talking-technology-41/39494Banquet Room B - Heritage Banquet Room|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-megan/40900Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–6 pm||Insanity (HMC class) with Carriehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/insanity-hmc-class-with-carrie-2/40954Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–9 pm||Gustavus Networking Eventhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-networking-event-3/40314DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Minneapolis - Park Place, 1500 Park Place Blvd., Minneapolis, MN|
|6–8:30 pm||Mr. Gustavus Pageanthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/mr-gustavus-pageant-2/41373Evelyn Young Dining Room|
|7–8 pm||St. Olaf Roman Comedy comes to Gustavushttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/st-olaf-roman-comedy-comes-to-gustavus-3/41379Schaefer Fine Arts Center 214|
|7–8 pm||Yoga (HMC class) with Lindsayhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-hmc-class-with-lindsay/41007Lund Gymnastics Room|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Paigehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-paige-3/40753Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||Cru Bible Studyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cru-bible-study-4/40567The Dive|
|9–10:30 pm||FIKAhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-24/41300Swedish House|
||Women's Golf at George Fox Invitationalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-golf-at-george-fox-invitational-2/40575Peoria, Ariz.|
||Reacting to the Past Regional Conferencehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/reacting-to-the-past-regional-conference/40108Banquet Room C - St. Peter Banquet Room|
|Mar 14 9 am to 4:30 pm||Multiple Strategies for Multi-lingual Writers Workshophttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/multiple-strategies-for-multi-lingual-writers-workshop/41188Interpretive Center|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Yoga with Kelly Hollandhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-yoga-with-kelly-holland-2/40850Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|noon to 2:30 pm||Men's Tennis vs. Emory University (Stag-Hen Invitational)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-vs-emory-university-stag-hen-invitational/40330Claremont, Calif.|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Exemplary Leadership - Challenge the Processhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-exemplary-leadership-challenge-the-process-3/41088Beck 117|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Self Leadership - DiSC Assessmenthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-self-leadership-disc-assessment-3/41096Beck 101|
|2:30–4 pm||G.O.L.D. - Servant Leadership - Caring Leadershiphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/g-o-l-d-servant-leadership-caring-leadership-3/41080Beck 119|
|4:30–7:30 pm||Men's Tennis vs. Washington University (Mo.)/Carnegie Mellon University (Stag-Hen Invitational)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-vs-washington-university-mo-carnegie-mellon-university-stag-hen-invitational/40331Claremont, Calif.|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie:The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaughttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug/41060Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
||Dive Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/dive-dance-3/41199The Dive|
|Mar 15 11:30 am to 2:30 pm||Men's Tennis vs. TDB (Stag-Hen Inivitational - Final Round)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-tennis-vs-tdb-stag-hen-inivitational-final-round/40332Claremont, Calif.|
|12:30–1:30 pm||Revolution from Within: The Interiorization of Feminist Self-Help by Michaele Fergusonhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/revolution-from-within-the-interiorization-of-feminist-self-help-by-michaele-ferguson/41330Old Main 05|
|1–3 pm||Our Story Conference 2014: Breaking the Media's Image of Africahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/our-story-conference-2014-breaking-the-media-s-image-of-africa/41335Christ Chapel|
|5–11 pm||President's Ballhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/president-s-ball-12/40251Verizon Wireless Center - Mankato, MN|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie:The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaughttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug/41061Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Feb 27 to Mar 16 All day||Junior Art Major Exhibitionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/junior-art-major-exhibition-2/41173Schaefer Gallery, Fine Arts- Art Department|
|Mar 16 2–4 pm||Weekend Movie:The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaughttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-the-hobbit-the-desolation-of-smaug/41062Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|2–5 pm||Women's Tennis vs. College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-tennis-vs-college-of-saint-benedict/40354Sartell, Minn.|
|3:30–7 pm||The 2014 Gustavus Music Showcasehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-2014-gustavus-music-showcase/40527St. Andrew's Lutheran Church, 900 Stillwater Road, Mahtomedi, Minn.|
|5–6 pm||Worship Service of Holy Communionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/worship-service-of-holy-communion-2/41234Christ Chapel|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Paigehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-paige-3/40739Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8–9 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Hayleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-hayley-3/41022Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Mar 17 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-48/41359Christ Chapel|
|11:30 am to 12:20 pm||Insomnia Lunch & Learnhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/insomnia-lunch-learn/41167Heritage Banquet Room|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Yoga with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-yoga-with-brenda-haugen-2/40797Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:40–1:20 pm||GHP-Zumba with Jill VanOsdolhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-zumba-with-jill-vanosdol-2/40810Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HMC class) with Kelseyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hmc-class-with-kelsey/40994Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5–6 pm||Cardio Dance Conditioning (HMC class) with Samarahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-conditioning-hmc-class-with-samara/40883Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||Exploring Religious Questions Serieshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/exploring-religious-questions-series/40521Olin Hall 103|
|7–9 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-2/41320The Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|Mar 18 7–8 am||Insanity (HMC class) with Hannahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/insanity-hmc-class-with-hanna/40968Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|11:30 am to 1:30 pm||Teachers Talkinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/teachers-talking-102/40107Banquet Room C - St. Peter Banquet Room|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Study Abroad Returnees at the Caf' - Tuesday Coffee Breakshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/study-abroad-returnees-at-the-caf-tuesday-coffee-breaks/40861Evelyn Young Dining Room|
|3:30–4:30 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-megan/40901Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Step Interval (HMC class) With Cassiehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-interval-hmc-class-with-cassie/40767Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Weekly Meditationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekly-meditation-2/41324Interfaith Space|
|8–9 pm||Zumba (HMC class) with Hayleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hmc-class-with-hayley-3/41036Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Mar 19 7:30–9 am||Gustie Breakfast - Student Panelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-breakfast-student-panel/39102American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55407|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-46/41354Christ Chapel|
|11:30 am to 1 pm||SOUP AND SANDWICH SEMINAR -Dr. Sanjive Qazi, Gustavus Biology Dept., "Epigenetics, Cancer, and Evolution by Natural Selection"https://gustavus.edu/calendar/soup-and-sandwich-seminar-dr-sanjive-qazi-gustavus-biology-dept-epigenetics-cancer-and-evolution-by-natural-selection/41251Melva Lind Interpretive Center|
|11:40 am to 12:20 pm||GHP-Bootcamp with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-bootcamp-with-brenda-haugen-3/40823Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Cardio Strength (HMC class) with Carrie and Maggiehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-strength-hmc-class-with-carrie-and-maggie/40942Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Cardio Sculpt (HMC class) with Ashleyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-sculpt-hmc-class-with-ashley/40981Lund Gymnastics Room|
|8–9:15 pm||Tom G-A Coffeehousehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tom-g-a-coffeehouse/40610Courtyard Café|
|9–11 pm||Swing Dancinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/swing-dancing-7/41306Alumni Hall|
||Tucson Invitationalhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tucson-invitational/40371Tucson, Ariz.|
|All day||Tucson Invitational - Spring Training Triphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tucson-invitational-spring-training-trip/40386Tucson, Ariz.|
|Mar 20 6:30–7:20 am||GHP-Cardio Mix with Brenda Haugenhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/ghp-cardio-mix-with-brenda-haugen-3/40837Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Feb 17 to Apr 17 All day||Exhibitions, Gallery Talks at Hillstrom Museum of Art, starting Monday, February 17, 2014https://gustavus.edu/calendar/exhibitions-gallery-talks-at-hillstrom-museum-of-art-starting-monday-february-17-2014/41127Hillstrom Museum of Art|
Yesterday by Tyler Grey
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
Yesterday by Ethan Armstrong
From Athletics » Featured Homepage
3 days ago by Fine Arts Office
From Fine Arts
5 days ago by Brianna Furey '15
From News » Second
5 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Last week by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Last week by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Last week by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Third
2 weeks ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Fifth
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Seventh
2 weeks ago by Matt Thomas '00
From News » Fourth
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (firstname.lastname@example.org or x6413).