The Yellow Sheet for January 8, 2009
Volume 41, Number 16
Volume 41, Number 16
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Congregational Outreach
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
How to Submit a Calendar Item... As the midpoint of the 2008-09 academic year approaches, we thought it appropriate to remind the community of the process for submitting events for the online College Calendar. Departments, student groups, and individuals may submit events to the online College Calendar to keep the campus updated on events and activities offered throughout the year. By using the online College Calendar as a central location for event announcements, the event will show up in the searchable, online campus calendar, and it will also show up in various locations on the Gustavus Web.
Submissions to the calendar can be made by clicking on the following link, and entering the appropriate information (date, time, location, event description, sponsor, and contact info). Submit an item. (This link may also be found through the Gustavus Homepage, clicking on Calendar, Make a Submission, Submit My Event.)
Once a submission has been made, it will be reviewed and approved by the Office of Marketing and Communication and then posted to the College Calendar. Those who visit the College’s homepage will be able to view the Calendar, which includes events for the day, week, and month.
United Way Update... Thanks to the thoughtful and generous response to the campus campaign for the 2009 St. Peter United Way Drive, by New Year’s Eve day we had surpassed the halfway mark ($7,600) toward our $13,000 campus goal. To all who have contributed already, a very heartfelt special thanks! To those who are still considering, here is a gentle reminder that we welcome your gift or pledge in the days ahead. Remember, the College will match “dollar for dollar” any new or increased giving to the 2009 campaign. Please know that payroll deduction is a great way to go! Contact Dean Wahlund in the Office of Marketing and Communication (x7521) or Barb Lundgren in the Finance Office (x7505) with your gift, or if you need a pledge card and information. "Give. Advocate. Volunteer . . . LIVE UNITED!"
Chapel Schedule... All are invited to the worship services at 10 a.m. weekdays and 10:30 a.m. Sundays in Christ Chapel. The upcoming schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Jan. 9 - Heather Dale (health service)
- Sunday, Jan. 11 - Baptism of Our Lord: Chaplain Rachel Larson
- Monday, Jan. 12 - Carrie Newcomer, singer/songwriter
- Tuesday, Jan. 13 - Mimi Gerstbauer (political science)
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 - Morning Praise
- Thursday, Jan. 15 - Chaplain Rachel Larson
- Friday, Jan. 16 - Neal Hagberg, singer/songwriter
Carrie Newcomer Returns... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus the week of Jan. 12-16 as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in the following events scheduled as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop, Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation" luncheon, Presidents Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail email@example.com.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch, Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the IEX course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop, Linner Lounge
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Marriage Conference... A "Love and Respect" marriage conference will be held Friday and Saturday, Feb. 6-7, at Word of Life Church, Le Sueur, Minn. Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, best selling author of Love and Respect who has been speaking to large groups across the country, and his wife, Sarah, will lead the conference, combining humor, scripture, and real life experience to deliver a powerful message. Tickets, which include dinner on Friday and continental breakfast and lunch on Saturday, are $25; they may be reserved in advance by calling 507-665-6393. For more information, visit www.wordoflifelbc.org or www.loveandrespect.com.
Naomi Quiram (postal services) was named Industry Person of the Year at the National Postal Customer Council Day event held in Mankato in September 2008. The award recognizes her contributions as a founding member of the South Central Minnesota Postal Customer Council (SCMPCC), which is now in its third year, as well as her current leadership and dedication to both communication with and education of mailers in south-central Minnesota. Her honor was marked in the January 2009 issue of Minnesota Valley Business.
- Jacob Lewis Phillips was born to Bridget Phillips (finance office) and her husband, Dave, at 12:55 a.m. Jan. 6. He weighed in at 7 lb., 2 oz.
- Franklin Bronk, father of Sue Walter (custodial) passed away Dec. 28, 2008, at his home in Winona, Minn. Burial was Dec. 31, 2008, in Winona.
- Kathleen Owen, wife of Lawrence Owen (English, emeritus) passed away Jan. 4 in Fort Worth, Texas. Condolences may be sent to 5625 Oak Meadow Drive Apartments, # 809, Fort Worth, TX 76132. A memorial service will be held in St. Peter later this spring.
To inform the campus community of the death of a current student, employee, or trustee; an emeritus professor or trustee; or an immediate family member of a current employee, contact the Office of the President (x7538 or firstname.lastname@example.org). Death announcements and funeral notices for students, current and emeritus faculty and employees, and trustees will be sent to the community via written notice from the president, posted on community-l, the official campus-wide e-mail list, and published in the Yellow Sheet or Summer Scoop. Notices for immediate family members of current employees will be published in the Yellow Sheet or the Summer Scoop unless they occur during a publication break, in which case they will be posted on employee-l.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
Visiting guest instructors for the January Interim:
- Numa Ali (MLLC)
- Michelle Barnett (psychology)
- Jerry Bohls (nondepartmental)
- Durkee Cha (art)
- Joan Easton (history)
- Kristin Higginbotham (art)
- Ben Leonard (history)
- Anne-Marie Sawyer-Aitch (theatre & dance)
- Peter Shea (philosophy)
- Jonathan Truitt (history)
- Kathryn Young (English)
Partners in Education... Presenters this weekend include Darrell Jodock (religion) on "Understanding Christian Identity amid Religious Pluralism" at St. James Lutheran Church in Crystal, Minn.; Chris Johnson (CVR) on "The Congregation as a Mentoring Community" at Calvary Lutheran of Rapidan, Minn.; and Grady St. Dennis (church relations) on "Lutheran Higher Education" at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Stewart, Minn. St. Dennis will also speak on "Observing the Speed Limit of Life" at St. John's Lutheran in Mound, Minn., on Wednesday, Jan. 14. On Jan. 4, Leila Brammer (communication studies) spoke on "FaceBook and MySpace" at Trinity Lutheran in Owatonna, Minn., and on January 7, Richard Leitch (political science) spoke on "The Politics of Homelessness" at St. John's Lutheran in Mound. Partners in Education is a program coordinated by the Office of Church Relations in which participating faculty and staff members prepare topical presentations for adult forums, workshops, and seminars in congregations of the ELCA.
Preaching in Congregations... On Sunday, Jan. 11, Grady St. Dennis (church relations) will preach at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Stewart at 10 a.m. On Jan. 4, he preached during three services at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in East Bethel, Minn. This program is coordinated by the Office of Church Relations.
Music in Worship... Any Gustavus music ensemble or soloist is welcome to perform in congregations. For more information, contact Marilyn Beyer (x7001).
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities Digital Humanities Start-up Grants... The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) invites proposals for the planning or initial stages of digital initiatives in all areas of the humanities. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants may involve research of new digital approaches, development of new digital modes of publication, exploration of digital methods for preservation or archival of humanities materials, planning new digital tools, or creating programs that address using innovative digital technologies in formal and informal educational settings. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants should result in plans, prototypes, or proofs of concept for long-term digital humanities projects prior to implementation. There are two levels of funding depending upon the stage of the project. Level I grant awards range from $5,000 to $25,000, while Level II grant awards range from $25,001 to $50,000. Up to 20 percent of the total grant may be used for the acquisition of computing hardware and software. The deadline for proposals is April 8. Projects are expected to begin in August 2009. Updated guidelines are expected to be posted soon. Until revisions are posted, the guidelines noted below may be used for reference, but should not be used to prepare an application. For more information and the guidelines, please see http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/ digitalhumanitiesstartup.html. For further information about previously funded projects, please visit http://www.neh.gov/ODH/ResourceLibrary/ LibraryofFundedProjects/tabid/111/Default.aspx.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or email@example.com).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The Star Tribune letter of the day on its Thursday, Dec. 18, Opinion page mentioned Gustavus and the Nobel Conference.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story and photo about Steven Chu, a lecturer at the 2007 Nobel Conference, being named Barack Obama’s energy secretary in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a photo of the St. Lucia ceremony in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story and color photo about Peter Haugen being named head football coach in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition. Haugen and Al Molde (athletics) were both quoted in the story.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a photo of men’s tennis player John Kauss and the American collegiate team that participated in the International University Challenge of Tennis in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a news brief in its Sunday, Dec. 21, Sports section about football player Joe Welch being named to the D3football.com All-West Region team.
- The St. Peter Herald named the hiring of President Jack Ohle the fourth biggest story in the St. Peter area for 2008 in its Thursday, Dec. 25, edition.
- The Gustavus forensics team was mentioned in a Saturday, Dec. 27, Mankato Free Press story about South Central College’s speech team.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Tuesday, Dec. 30, story about alum Kory Kath, who was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in November. Kath and Richard Leitch (political science) were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press mentioned Gustavus five times in its Year in Review 2008 special section on Thursday, Jan. 1.
- Minnesota Monthly magazine printed a profile of Gustavus as part of an article in its January 2009 edition about choosing the right college.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a letter to the editor about Rebecca Tulow written by Bob Douglas (geography) in its Thursday, Jan. 1, edition.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story about the women’s hockey team upsetting the #1 ranked team from Amherst in its Saturday, Jan. 3, Sports section. Head coach Mike Carroll (athletics) and sophomore Kelsey Johnson were quoted in the story.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Library Hours for January... The Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library will be open according to the following schedule during the January Interim: 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday; and 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Sunday.
Free to a Good Home: A gorgeous calico cat, about a year old. Just wandered up onto the farm. She will have had her shots, etc. Contact Thia at email@example.com for pictures or to meet her.
"Plugs" is maintained as a forum by which members of the Gustavus community may offer goods and services to others in the community, or seek the same from them. It is not meant to accommodate ads or announcements from area businesses such as real estate agents and retailers, although from time to time such announcements may be published when deemed to be of particular interest to the community.
|Tomorrow 6–6:40 am||Fitness Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fitness-yoga-4/46368Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-273/47111Christ Chapel|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46390Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46253Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Yoga w/ Rachel (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-w-rachel-hwc/46824Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 2 9–11 am||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46532Olin 124 Lab|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-274/47113Christ Chapel|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Cardio Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-5/46404Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46425Lund Hockey Arena|
|4:30–5:30 pm||Kickboxing (HWC) w/ Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/kickboxing-hwc-w-rachel/46302Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball hosts Saint Mary's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-hosts-saint-mary-s-university-4/45865St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball at Saint Mary's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-saint-mary-s-university-6/45776Winona, Minn.|
|7–8 pm||Jen Onsum- An advocate for people with disabilitieshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/jen-onsum-an-advocate-for-people-with-disabilities/47091Beck Hall 101|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/ Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-megan-hwc-2/46326Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 3 6–6:40 am||Strictly Strengthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/strictly-strength/46439Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-275/47114Christ Chapel|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-29/46451Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-94/45730Phi Beta Kappa Room|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46391Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46470Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Power Bootcamp w/ Kaitlin (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/power-bootcamp-w-kaitlin-hwc/46310Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Chinese Paper Cuttinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/chinese-paper-cutting/47120Courtyard Café|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-christina/46240Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house-3/46616Swedish House|
||Men's Swimming and Diving at Jean Freeman Invitehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-swimming-and-diving-at-jean-freeman-invite/45910Minneapolis, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Swimming and Diving at Jean Freeman Invitehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-swimming-and-diving-at-jean-freeman-invite/45922Minneapolis, Minn.|
|Dec 4 10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbath: Hymns on Taphttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-hymns-on-tap-2/47115The Dive|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Pilateshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pilates/46463Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46426Lund Hockey Arena|
|2–4 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46533Olin 124 Lab|
|4:30–6 pm||Faculty Shop Talkhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/faculty-shop-talk-52/45700Interpretive Center|
|7:05–10:05 pm||Men's Hockey hosts Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-hosts-saint-john-s-university-4/45193St. Peter, Minn.|
|7:30 pm||Women's Hockey at College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-college-of-saint-benedict-6/45808Saint Joseph, Minn.|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45751Christ Chapel|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Magic Mike XXLhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-magic-mike-xxl/47039Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Dec 5 1 pm||Men's Basketball at Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-at-augsburg-college-6/45866Minneapolis, Minn.|
|2 pm||Women's Hockey hosts College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-hosts-college-of-saint-benedict-4/45809St. Peter, Minn.|
|2–5 pm||Men's Hockey at Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-hockey-at-saint-john-s-university-6/45194St. Cloud, Minn.|
|3 pm||Women's Basketball at Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-at-augsburg-college-6/45777Minneapolis, Minn.|
|3:30–5 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45752Christ Chapel|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45753Christ Chapel|
|8–10 pm||Weekend Movie: Magic Mike XXLhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-magic-mike-xxl/47040Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Dec 6 3:30–5 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45754Christ Chapel|
|5–6 pm||Tabata (HWC) w/Emily and Alexhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-w-emily-and-alex/46203Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-2/46228Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7:30–9 pm||Christmas in Christ Chapel 2015https://gustavus.edu/calendar/christmas-in-christ-chapel-2015/45755Christ Chapel|
|Dec 7 11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-with-kelly-2/46344Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Pyramid Circuithttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pyramid-circuit/46357Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|4:45–5:30 pm||HIIT (HWC) w/ Morgan and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/hiit-hwc-w-morgan-and-christina/46279Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–7 pm||Straight Up Strength (HWC) w/Matahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/straight-up-strength-hwc-w-mata/46216Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Gustavus Student Senate Meeting- Come for Community Comment!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustavus-student-senate-meeting-come-for-community-comment/46743Gustavus Board Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-megan-3/46190Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||Reflections on the Paris Attacks: A Gustavus Faculty Teach-Inhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/reflections-on-the-paris-attacks-a-gustavus-faculty-teach-in/47101Confer Hall 128|
|Dec 8 6–6:40 am||Fitness Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fitness-yoga-4/46369Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8–10 am||Scandinavian Yuletide Breakfasthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/scandinavian-yuletide-breakfast-2/47137Jackson Campus Center-Dining Rooms|
|10–10:30 am||The 2015 Winds of Christmas Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-2015-winds-of-christmas-concert/46097Christ Chapel|
|10 am to noon||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46534Olin 124 Lab|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46392Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46254Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|6–9 pm||2016 Democratic Election Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/2016-democratic-election-meeting/47119Konferensrum, Campus Center|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Yoga w/ Rachel (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-w-rachel-hwc/46825Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Dec 9 7:30–9 am||Gustie Breakfast - Kathy Lund Deanhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-breakfast-kathy-lund-dean/47051Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Cardio Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-5/46405Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46427Lund Hockey Arena|
|1–2:30 pm||Webinar: Investigate and Adjudicate Sexual Misconducthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/webinar-investigate-and-adjudicate-sexual-misconduct/46852Beck Hall 121|
|4:30–5:30 pm||Kickboxing (HWC) w/ Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/kickboxing-hwc-w-rachel/46303Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7 pm||Men's Basketball at Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-basketball-at-bethel-university-6/45867Arden Hills, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Basketball hosts Bethel Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-basketball-hosts-bethel-university-4/45778St. Peter, Minn.|
|7 pm||Women's Hockey at UW-River Fallshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-hockey-at-uw-river-falls-5/45810River Falls, Wis.|
|7–8 pm||Zumba w/ Megan (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-w-megan-hwc-2/46327Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–9:30 pm||Coffeehouse Scandinavian Winter Celebrationhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/coffeehouse-scandinavian-winter-celebration/47082Courtyard Café|
|Dec 10 6–6:40 am||Strictly Strengthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/strictly-strength/46440Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|9–10 am||Provost Q&Ahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/provost-q-a/46794Jackson Campus Center - Upper Level Tables|
|10–10:30 am||Festival of St. Luciahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/festival-of-st-lucia-14/42132Christ Chapel|
|11 am to 1:30 pm||Festival of St. Lucia Smörgåsbordhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/festival-of-st-lucia-sm-rg-sbord/45757Alumni Hall|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-29/46452Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|noon to 1 pm||Authentic People with Real Disabilities: Learn How to Represent this Important Diversityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/authentic-people-with-real-disabilities-learn-how-to-represent-this-important-diversity/46734Beck Hall 121|
|12:30–1:20 pm||New Faculty Orientation Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/new-faculty-orientation-session-95/45731Phi Beta Kappa Room|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46393Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|2–4 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46535Olin 124 Lab|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46471Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room), Aerobics Room|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Power Bootcamp w/ Kaitlin (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/power-bootcamp-w-kaitlin-hwc/46311Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5:30–11:59 pm||The Sound of Musichttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-sound-of-music/47045The Ordway|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-christina/46241Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house-3/46617Swedish House|
5 hours ago by Nick Hoelmer
8 hours ago by CJ Siewert
11 hours ago by JJ Akin '11
Yesterday by CJ Siewert
Yesterday by Nick Hoelmer
2 days ago by CJ Siewert
5 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
5 days ago by JJ Akin '11
5 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
5 days ago by Leah Anderson '16
From News » Second
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts » Theatre & Dance
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » Third
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (firstname.lastname@example.org or x6413).