The Yellow Sheet for January 8, 2009
Volume 41, Number 16
Volume 41, Number 16
- News & Announcements
- Campus Happenings
- Off-Campus Events
- Extraordinary People
- New Faces
- Congregational Outreach
- Funding Opps
- In the Media
- Calendar of Events
- Submit an Item Online
How to Submit a Calendar Item... As the midpoint of the 2008-09 academic year approaches, we thought it appropriate to remind the community of the process for submitting events for the online College Calendar. Departments, student groups, and individuals may submit events to the online College Calendar to keep the campus updated on events and activities offered throughout the year. By using the online College Calendar as a central location for event announcements, the event will show up in the searchable, online campus calendar, and it will also show up in various locations on the Gustavus Web.
Submissions to the calendar can be made by clicking on the following link, and entering the appropriate information (date, time, location, event description, sponsor, and contact info). Submit an item. (This link may also be found through the Gustavus Homepage, clicking on Calendar, Make a Submission, Submit My Event.)
Once a submission has been made, it will be reviewed and approved by the Office of Marketing and Communication and then posted to the College Calendar. Those who visit the College’s homepage will be able to view the Calendar, which includes events for the day, week, and month.
United Way Update... Thanks to the thoughtful and generous response to the campus campaign for the 2009 St. Peter United Way Drive, by New Year’s Eve day we had surpassed the halfway mark ($7,600) toward our $13,000 campus goal. To all who have contributed already, a very heartfelt special thanks! To those who are still considering, here is a gentle reminder that we welcome your gift or pledge in the days ahead. Remember, the College will match “dollar for dollar” any new or increased giving to the 2009 campaign. Please know that payroll deduction is a great way to go! Contact Dean Wahlund in the Office of Marketing and Communication (x7521) or Barb Lundgren in the Finance Office (x7505) with your gift, or if you need a pledge card and information. "Give. Advocate. Volunteer . . . LIVE UNITED!"
Chapel Schedule... All are invited to the worship services at 10 a.m. weekdays and 10:30 a.m. Sundays in Christ Chapel. The upcoming schedule is as follows:
- Friday, Jan. 9 - Heather Dale (health service)
- Sunday, Jan. 11 - Baptism of Our Lord: Chaplain Rachel Larson
- Monday, Jan. 12 - Carrie Newcomer, singer/songwriter
- Tuesday, Jan. 13 - Mimi Gerstbauer (political science)
- Wednesday, Jan. 14 - Morning Praise
- Thursday, Jan. 15 - Chaplain Rachel Larson
- Friday, Jan. 16 - Neal Hagberg, singer/songwriter
Carrie Newcomer Returns... Popular singer/songwriter, workshop leader, and activist Carrie Newcomer will return to Gustavus the week of Jan. 12-16 as an artist-in-residence sponsored by the Center for Vocational Reflection. The entire Gustavus community is invited to take part in the following events scheduled as part of Carrie's visit:
- Monday, Jan. 12, 10 a.m. - Carrie Newcomer in Chapel, Christ Chapel
- Tuesday, Jan. 13, 3:30 p.m. - "Writing Mindfully: Exploring the Sacred Ordinary" workshop, Linner Lounge
- Wednesday, Jan. 14, 12:30-1:30 p.m. - "Exploration of Faith and Vocation" luncheon, Presidents Dining Room (RSVP by Monday, Jan. 12, to Amy in the CVR: phone 933-7169 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Friday, Jan. 16, 11:30 a.m. - "Story, Place, and Community" Fireside Chat and lunch, Melva Lind Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum (Join Carrie, Gustavus alumnus and singer/songwriter Neal Hagberg, and students in the IEX course "Changing the World: Justice, Action, and the Meaning of Life" for songs, stories, and discussion. RSVP by Wednesday, Jan. 14, to Amy in the CVR.)
- Friday, Jan. 16: 2:30 p.m. - "When the Soul's Great Joy Meets the World's Great Need: Exploration of Faith and Vocation, Activism and Art" workshop, Linner Lounge
- Friday, Jan. 16: 7 p.m. - "Carrie Newcomer Concert - The Geography of Light," Alumni Hall. (The concert is free and open to the public.)
Marriage Conference... A "Love and Respect" marriage conference will be held Friday and Saturday, Feb. 6-7, at Word of Life Church, Le Sueur, Minn. Dr. Emerson Eggerichs, best selling author of Love and Respect who has been speaking to large groups across the country, and his wife, Sarah, will lead the conference, combining humor, scripture, and real life experience to deliver a powerful message. Tickets, which include dinner on Friday and continental breakfast and lunch on Saturday, are $25; they may be reserved in advance by calling 507-665-6393. For more information, visit www.wordoflifelbc.org or www.loveandrespect.com.
Naomi Quiram (postal services) was named Industry Person of the Year at the National Postal Customer Council Day event held in Mankato in September 2008. The award recognizes her contributions as a founding member of the South Central Minnesota Postal Customer Council (SCMPCC), which is now in its third year, as well as her current leadership and dedication to both communication with and education of mailers in south-central Minnesota. Her honor was marked in the January 2009 issue of Minnesota Valley Business.
- Jacob Lewis Phillips was born to Bridget Phillips (finance office) and her husband, Dave, at 12:55 a.m. Jan. 6. He weighed in at 7 lb., 2 oz.
- Franklin Bronk, father of Sue Walter (custodial) passed away Dec. 28, 2008, at his home in Winona, Minn. Burial was Dec. 31, 2008, in Winona.
- Kathleen Owen, wife of Lawrence Owen (English, emeritus) passed away Jan. 4 in Fort Worth, Texas. Condolences may be sent to 5625 Oak Meadow Drive Apartments, # 809, Fort Worth, TX 76132. A memorial service will be held in St. Peter later this spring.
To inform the campus community of the death of a current student, employee, or trustee; an emeritus professor or trustee; or an immediate family member of a current employee, contact the Office of the President (x7538 or email@example.com). Death announcements and funeral notices for students, current and emeritus faculty and employees, and trustees will be sent to the community via written notice from the president, posted on community-l, the official campus-wide e-mail list, and published in the Yellow Sheet or Summer Scoop. Notices for immediate family members of current employees will be published in the Yellow Sheet or the Summer Scoop unless they occur during a publication break, in which case they will be posted on employee-l.
The following people have recently joined the Gustavus community:
Visiting guest instructors for the January Interim:
- Numa Ali (MLLC)
- Michelle Barnett (psychology)
- Jerry Bohls (nondepartmental)
- Durkee Cha (art)
- Joan Easton (history)
- Kristin Higginbotham (art)
- Ben Leonard (history)
- Anne-Marie Sawyer-Aitch (theatre & dance)
- Peter Shea (philosophy)
- Jonathan Truitt (history)
- Kathryn Young (English)
Partners in Education... Presenters this weekend include Darrell Jodock (religion) on "Understanding Christian Identity amid Religious Pluralism" at St. James Lutheran Church in Crystal, Minn.; Chris Johnson (CVR) on "The Congregation as a Mentoring Community" at Calvary Lutheran of Rapidan, Minn.; and Grady St. Dennis (church relations) on "Lutheran Higher Education" at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Stewart, Minn. St. Dennis will also speak on "Observing the Speed Limit of Life" at St. John's Lutheran in Mound, Minn., on Wednesday, Jan. 14. On Jan. 4, Leila Brammer (communication studies) spoke on "FaceBook and MySpace" at Trinity Lutheran in Owatonna, Minn., and on January 7, Richard Leitch (political science) spoke on "The Politics of Homelessness" at St. John's Lutheran in Mound. Partners in Education is a program coordinated by the Office of Church Relations in which participating faculty and staff members prepare topical presentations for adult forums, workshops, and seminars in congregations of the ELCA.
Preaching in Congregations... On Sunday, Jan. 11, Grady St. Dennis (church relations) will preach at St. Paul Lutheran Church in Stewart at 10 a.m. On Jan. 4, he preached during three services at Our Saviour's Lutheran Church in East Bethel, Minn. This program is coordinated by the Office of Church Relations.
Music in Worship... Any Gustavus music ensemble or soloist is welcome to perform in congregations. For more information, contact Marilyn Beyer (x7001).
The Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations' weekly program or funding opportunity highlight:
- National Endowment for the Humanities Digital Humanities Start-up Grants... The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH) invites proposals for the planning or initial stages of digital initiatives in all areas of the humanities. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants may involve research of new digital approaches, development of new digital modes of publication, exploration of digital methods for preservation or archival of humanities materials, planning new digital tools, or creating programs that address using innovative digital technologies in formal and informal educational settings. Digital Humanities Start-Up Grants should result in plans, prototypes, or proofs of concept for long-term digital humanities projects prior to implementation. There are two levels of funding depending upon the stage of the project. Level I grant awards range from $5,000 to $25,000, while Level II grant awards range from $25,001 to $50,000. Up to 20 percent of the total grant may be used for the acquisition of computing hardware and software. The deadline for proposals is April 8. Projects are expected to begin in August 2009. Updated guidelines are expected to be posted soon. Until revisions are posted, the guidelines noted below may be used for reference, but should not be used to prepare an application. For more information and the guidelines, please see http://www.neh.gov/grants/guidelines/ digitalhumanitiesstartup.html. For further information about previously funded projects, please visit http://www.neh.gov/ODH/ResourceLibrary/ LibraryofFundedProjects/tabid/111/Default.aspx.
For more information on grants or proposal preparation, contact Bob Weisenfeld in the Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations (x7049 or firstname.lastname@example.org).
Here are some noteworthy Gustavus-related stories that recently appeared in print or broadcast media locally, regionally, or around the nation:
- The Star Tribune letter of the day on its Thursday, Dec. 18, Opinion page mentioned Gustavus and the Nobel Conference.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story and photo about Steven Chu, a lecturer at the 2007 Nobel Conference, being named Barack Obama’s energy secretary in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a photo of the St. Lucia ceremony in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a story and color photo about Peter Haugen being named head football coach in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition. Haugen and Al Molde (athletics) were both quoted in the story.
- The St. Peter Herald printed a photo of men’s tennis player John Kauss and the American collegiate team that participated in the International University Challenge of Tennis in its Thursday, Dec. 18, edition.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a news brief in its Sunday, Dec. 21, Sports section about football player Joe Welch being named to the D3football.com All-West Region team.
- The St. Peter Herald named the hiring of President Jack Ohle the fourth biggest story in the St. Peter area for 2008 in its Thursday, Dec. 25, edition.
- The Gustavus forensics team was mentioned in a Saturday, Dec. 27, Mankato Free Press story about South Central College’s speech team.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a Tuesday, Dec. 30, story about alum Kory Kath, who was elected to the Minnesota House of Representatives in November. Kath and Richard Leitch (political science) were quoted in the story.
- The Mankato Free Press mentioned Gustavus five times in its Year in Review 2008 special section on Thursday, Jan. 1.
- Minnesota Monthly magazine printed a profile of Gustavus as part of an article in its January 2009 edition about choosing the right college.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a letter to the editor about Rebecca Tulow written by Bob Douglas (geography) in its Thursday, Jan. 1, edition.
- The Mankato Free Press printed a story about the women’s hockey team upsetting the #1 ranked team from Amherst in its Saturday, Jan. 3, Sports section. Head coach Mike Carroll (athletics) and sophomore Kelsey Johnson were quoted in the story.
Anyone who has suggested additions for this list, suggestions for potential future media stories, or interest in being a media source should contact Marketing and Communication (x7520 or email@example.com).
Library Hours for January... The Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library will be open according to the following schedule during the January Interim: 8 a.m.-10 p.m., Monday-Thursday; 8 a.m.-6 p.m., Friday; 10 a.m.-5 p.m., Saturday; and 11 a.m.-10 p.m., Sunday.
Free to a Good Home: A gorgeous calico cat, about a year old. Just wandered up onto the farm. She will have had her shots, etc. Contact Thia at firstname.lastname@example.org for pictures or to meet her.
"Plugs" is maintained as a forum by which members of the Gustavus community may offer goods and services to others in the community, or seek the same from them. It is not meant to accommodate ads or announcements from area businesses such as real estate agents and retailers, although from time to time such announcements may be published when deemed to be of particular interest to the community.
|Today 5–6 pm||Tabata (HWC) w/Emily and Alexhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-w-emily-and-alex/46195Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/McKenziehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-mckenzie-2/46221Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||Nobel Conference 51 Preview Lecturehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/nobel-conference-51-preview-lecture/45996American Swedish Institute, 2600 Park Avenue, Minneapolis, MN 55407|
||Men's Golf at MIAC Championshipshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-golf-at-miac-championships-4/45647Coon Rapids, Minn.|
|All day||Women's Golf at MIAC Championshipshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-golf-at-miac-championships-6/45655Coon Rapids, Minn.|
|Tomorrow All day||Habitat for Humanity Fall Break Trip-Applications Due Oct 9thhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/habitat-for-humanity-fall-break-trip-applications-due-oct-9th/46686Community Based Service & Learning Center|
||Library Book Salehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/library-book-sale-11/46651Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library|
|Tomorrow 7:30–10 am||Monday Morning Perk Up with the PAshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/monday-morning-perk-up-with-the-pas/46544Peer Education Office|
|10–10:20 am||Daily Sabbathhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/daily-sabbath-235/46650Christ Chapel|
|11:30 am to 1 pm||Physician Assistant Information Sessionhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/physician-assistant-information-session/46506President's Dining Room, Jackson Campus Center|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-with-kelly-2/46336Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Pyramid Circuithttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pyramid-circuit/46349Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|4:45–5:45 pm||HIIT (HWC) w/ Morgan and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/hiit-hwc-w-morgan-and-christina/46271Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–7 pm||Straight Up Strength (HWC) w/Matahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/straight-up-strength-hwc-w-mata/46208Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-megan-3/46182Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||"My So-Called Enemy" Special Film Screeninghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/my-so-called-enemy-special-film-screening/46661Lund Arena|
|7:30–8:30 pm||Music Colloquium Series: Emily Ondracek Peterson "New Music and Extended Techniques for Strings”https://gustavus.edu/calendar/music-colloquium-series-emily-ondracek-peterson-new-music-and-extended-techniques-for-strings/46655Bjorling Recital Hall|
|7:30–9 pm||Food Chemistry: The Tastiest Sciencehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/food-chemistry-the-tastiest-science/46670Norelius Pit|
|Oct 6 All day||Habitat for Humanity Fall Break Trip-Applications Due Oct 9thhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/habitat-for-humanity-fall-break-trip-applications-due-oct-9th/46687Community Based Service & Learning Center|
||Nobel Conferencehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/nobel-conference-9/37955Lund Arena and Lund Center|
|Oct 6 4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46245Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|6:15–7 pm||This I Carry - Dance Performance in Conjunction with The Nobel Conferencehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/this-i-carry-dance-performance-in-conjunction-with-the-nobel-conference/46643Hillstrom Museum of Art|
|7–9 pm||Volleyball at Martin Luther Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-at-martin-luther-college/44902New Ulm, Minn.|
|7:15–8 pm||This I Carry - Dance Performance in Conjunction with The Nobel Conferencehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/this-i-carry-dance-performance-in-conjunction-with-the-nobel-conference/46644Hillstrom Museum of Art|
|7:30–10:30 pm||Men's Soccer at Macalester Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-soccer-at-macalester-college-5/45150St. Paul, Minn.|
|8–10 pm||The 2015 Nobel Conference Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-2015-nobel-conference-concert/46078Christ Chapel|
|Oct 7 All day||Habitat for Humanity Fall Break Trip-Applications Due Oct 9thhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/habitat-for-humanity-fall-break-trip-applications-due-oct-9th/46688Community Based Service & Learning Center|
|1–3 pm||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46517Olin 124 Lab|
|4:30–5:30 pm||Kickboxing (HWC) w/ Rachelhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/kickboxing-hwc-w-rachel/46295Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|5 pm||Women's Soccer at Bethany Lutheran Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-soccer-at-bethany-lutheran-college/45221Mankato, Minn.|
|5:20–6:20 pm||Music Colloquium Series: Composer Karim Elmahmoudihttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/music-colloquium-series-composer-karim-elmahmoudi/46656FAM 106 Band Room|
|7–9 pm||Pre-Law Advising Meetinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pre-law-advising-meeting/46547Beck Hall 313|
|7–9 pm||Volleyball at Waldorf College (JV at 5:00 p.m.)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-at-waldorf-college-jv-at-5-00-p-m/44903Forest City, Iowa|
|Oct 8 6–6:40 am||Strictly Strengthhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/strictly-strength/46432Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|11:30 am to 1:20 pm||Teachers Talkinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/teachers-talking-117/46166Banquet Room C - St. Peter Banquet Room|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-29/46444Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46377Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46242Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|5:30–6:30 pm||Power Bootcamp w/ Kaitlin (HWC)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/power-bootcamp-w-kaitlin-hwc-2/46314Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-christina/46233Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8:30–10 pm||FIKA! at the Swedish Househttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fika-at-the-swedish-house-3/46608Swedish House|
|Oct 9 All day||International January Career Exploration and Spring Semester Internship Registration Deadlinehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/international-january-career-exploration-and-spring-semester-internship-registration-deadline/46156Career Development (lower level Campus Center)|
|8 am to 6 pm||Family Weekend Class Visitshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-class-visits-4/46559Academic Buildings|
|10–11 am||Tech Bytes: Using Student Responsehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tech-bytes-using-student-response/45933Olin Hall 124B|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Pilateshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pilates/46456Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46412Lund Hockey Arena|
|1:30–2:30 pm||Support "Me" with "WE" Speaker Series - Session Twohttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/support-me-with-we-speaker-series-session-two/46589Beck Hall, #211|
|2:30–4:30 pm||Music Colloquium Series: David Folland, American Luthierhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/music-colloquium-series-david-folland-american-luthier/46657Melva Interpretive Center, Linnaeus Arboretum|
|7–9 pm||Volleyball at Carleton Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-at-carleton-college-4/44904Northfield, Minn.|
|7–9 pm||Weekend Movie: Inside Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-inside-out/46560Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|8–9 pm||LineUs Improv Comedyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/lineus-improv-comedy-6/46555Alumni Hall|
|10–11:59 pm||Weekend Movie: Inside Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-inside-out/46567Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
||Family Weekendhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-8/37637Gustavus Adolphus College Campus|
|Oct 10 8–9:30 am||Family Weekend Pancake Breakfasthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-pancake-breakfast-2/46561First Year Residence Halls (Norelius & Pittman/Sohre)|
|9:30–10:15 am||Family Weekend Workshopshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-workshops-2/46562Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|10 am||Men's Swimming and Diving hosts Alumni Meethttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-swimming-and-diving-hosts-alumni-meet/45905St. Peter, Minn.|
|10 am||Women's Swimming and Diving hosts Alumni Meethttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-swimming-and-diving-hosts-alumni-meet/45917St. Peter, Minn.|
|10:30–11:15 am||Family Weekend Workshopshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-workshops-2/46563Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|11 am to 4:30 pm||Fall Fest at the Arbhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fall-fest-at-the-arb/46498Linnaeus Arboretum|
|11:30 am to 1 pm||Family Weekend Carnival Lunchhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-carnival-lunch-2/46504Evelyn Young Dining Room|
|1 pm||Football hosts St. Olaf College (Family Weekend)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/football-hosts-st-olaf-college-family-weekend/44583St. Peter, Minn.|
|1–4 pm||Men's Soccer hosts Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-soccer-hosts-augsburg-college-2/45156St. Peter, Minn.|
|2–4 pm||Volleyball hosts UW-Superior (JV at 12:00 p.m.)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-hosts-uw-superior-jv-at-12-00-p-m/44905St. Peter, Minn.|
|3–4 pm||Family Weekend Triviahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/family-weekend-trivia-2/46503Courtyard Cafe|
|3–5 pm||Weekend Movie: Inside Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-inside-out/46568Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|3:30 pm||Women's Soccer hosts Augsburg Collegehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-soccer-hosts-augsburg-college-3/45222St. Peter, Minn.|
|7–9 pm||Volleyball hosts Iowa Lake Community College (JV only)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/volleyball-hosts-iowa-lake-community-college-jv-only/45007St. Peter, Minn.|
|7–9 pm||Weekend Movie: Inside Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-inside-out/46569Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|8–9 pm||Chicago Boyz Acrobatic Teamhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/chicago-boyz-acrobatic-team/46502Bjorling Recital Hall|
|10–11:59 pm||Weekend Movie: Inside Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-inside-out/46570Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|Oct 11 10:30–11:30 am||Sunday Worship with Holy Communion (Sunday Worshipping Community)https://gustavus.edu/calendar/sunday-worship-with-holy-communion-sunday-worshipping-community-37/46061Christ Chapel|
|11 am to 12:30 pm||The 2015 Family Weekend Jazz Brunchhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-2015-family-weekend-jazz-brunch/46079Evelyn Young Dining Room|
|2–4 pm||The Family Weekend Music Showcase Concerthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/the-family-weekend-music-showcase-concert/46080Christ Chapel|
|3:30–5:30 pm||Weekend Movie: Inside Outhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/weekend-movie-inside-out/46571Wallenberg Auditorium, Nobel Hall|
|5–6 pm||Tabata (HWC) w/Emily and Alexhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-w-emily-and-alex/46196Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|Oct 12 7:30–10 am||Monday Morning Perk Up with the PAshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/monday-morning-perk-up-with-the-pas/46545Peer Education Office|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Yoga with Kellyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/yoga-with-kelly-2/46337Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Pyramid Circuithttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/pyramid-circuit/46350Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|4:45–5:45 pm||HIIT (HWC) w/ Morgan and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/hiit-hwc-w-morgan-and-christina/46272Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|6–7 pm||Straight Up Strength (HWC) w/Matahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/straight-up-strength-hwc-w-mata/46209Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–8 pm||Zumba (HWC) w/Meganhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/zumba-hwc-w-megan-3/46183Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|7–9 pm||Exploring Religious Questions Serieshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/exploring-religious-questions-series-5/45746Olin Hall 103 (Oct. 19 in Rm 214 in Fine Arts Building)|
||Bastyr University Health Professions Graduate Programshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/bastyr-university-health-professions-graduate-programs/46507Jackson Campus Center, Lower Level Tables and 49er room|
|Oct 13 6–6:40 am||Fitness Yogahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/fitness-yoga-4/46362Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|8 am to 4 pm||Flu Shot Clinic!https://gustavus.edu/calendar/flu-shot-clinic-14/46634Heritage Banquet Room|
|10 am to noon||Moodle Drop-in Hourshttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/moodle-drop-in-hours/46518Olin 124 Lab|
|12:35–1:15 pm||Step with Stephhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/step-with-steph/46378Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|4–5 pm||Tabata (HWC) with Lydia and Christinahttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/tabata-hwc-with-lydia-and-christina/46246Lund 217 (Gymnastics Room)|
|5:30–11:59 pm||Trip to see The Little Mermaidhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trip-to-see-the-little-mermaid/46619The Orpheum Theatre|
|8–11 pm||Democratic Debate Viewing Partyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/democratic-debate-viewing-party/46685Confer 124|
|Oct 14 7:30–9 am||Gustie Breakfast - Scott Burhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/gustie-breakfast-scott-bur-2/46648Campus Center Banquet Rooms|
|11:30 am to 1:20 pm||Teachers Talkinghttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/teachers-talking-116/45744Banquet Room C - St. Peter Banquet Room|
|11:35 am to 12:15 pm||Cardio Dancehttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/cardio-dance-5/46398Lund 224 (Aerobics Room)|
|12:15–12:45 pm||TRX with Troyhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/trx-with-troy/46413Lund Hockey Arena|
|4 pm||Women's Soccer at College of Saint Benedicthttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/women-s-soccer-at-college-of-saint-benedict-4/45223St. Joseph, Minn.|
|4–7 pm||Men's Soccer at Saint John's Universityhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/men-s-soccer-at-saint-john-s-university-3/45157Collegeville, Minn.|
||Michal Sagar Exhibition in Schaefer Gallery: The Beginning of the Third Dreamhttps://gustavus.edu/calendar/michal-sagar-exhibition-in-schaefer-gallery-the-beginning-of-the-third-dream/46628Schaefer Schaefer: Art & Art History|
4 hours ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » Second
18 hours ago by Nick Hoelmer
20 hours ago by CJ Siewert
21 hours ago by CJ Siewert
21 hours ago by CJ Siewert
21 hours ago by Nick Hoelmer
2 days ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » First
3 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
The 51st Nobel Conference: “Addiction: Exploring the Science and Experience of an Equal Opportunity Condition”
4 days ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » Third
6 days ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » Fourth
6 days ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
2 weeks ago by JJ Akin '11
From News » Sixth
Last month by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
Last month by Al Behrends
From Fine Arts
The Yellow Sheet is a newsletter for Gustavus Adolphus College employees produced by the Office of Marketing and Communication. It is published weekly during the academic year (except during the week of Thanksgiving, the Christmas break, Touring Week, and the Spring and Easter breaks). Anyone may submit items by filling out an online submission form. While online submissions are preferred, items may also be submitted typewritten on a letter-sized sheet of paper. Send "snail mail" items to: The Yellow Sheet, Office of Marketing and Communication. Items must reach the office no later than 4:30 p.m. on the Tuesday before publication. The week of Nobel Conference the deadline is 4:30 p.m. Monday. For more information, contact Steve Waldhauser (email@example.com or x6413).