Mathematics, Computer Science, & Statistics
Program and Mission
The Department of Mathematics, Computer Science, and Statistics offers an in-depth education in the concepts, structures, and techniques of the major fields of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science. It is the philosophy of the Department that all students of the quantitative sciences should have an understanding of and an appreciation for both the theoretical and aesthetic aspects of these fields as well as their far-reaching applications. The skills of analytical thinking and logical argument, combined with the ability to communicate effectively, form the core of a solid liberal arts education in the quantitative sciences. The Department fosters these ideals through both its major course offerings and through its general education and service courses.
- Rigorous and multi-disciplinary study of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
- Innovative classes with both theoretical and real World application
- Faculty that publish in top tier journals
- Opportunities for student research and study abroad experiences
- Seminars and problem solving groups
- Graduates that are ready for graduate study, secondary school teaching, or employment in government or industry.
- Network of engaged alumni in a variety of fields