Announcement: Solar Heat Workshop
James Dontje, Director of Johnson Center for Environmental Innovation at Gustavus Adolphus College, will present a Do-It-Yourself Workshop on Solar Heat. This workshop will explain how solar air heaters can reduce propane and natural gas bills and demonstrate how a solar air heater can be built with readily available materials.
- $20 contribution per participant for the costs of the workshop
- if the fee is an obstacle scholarships are available
Tuesday March 18 from 6:00 - 8:30 PM
- Farmamerica, 7367 360th Ave, Waseca, MN 56093
- (Snow Date, March 20)
- While not required for this location, RSVP's are appreciated
- 507-835-2052 or email@example.com
What to Expect:
- A short presentation on the technical and economic aspects of solar air heat, as well as other ways to make homes more energy efficient and capture the sun's energy.
- A hands-on tutorial: How to make a solar air heater from readily available materials.
- Open discussion and questions, including information on how to use a solar air heater, or how to find a ready-built one.
- James Dontje
Additional Solar Heating Information
These workshops are a joint effort sponsored by:
- Johnson Center for Environmental Innovation--Gustavus Adolphus College (https://gustavus.edu/johnsoncenter/)
- Linneaus Arboretum--Gustavus Adolphus College (https://gustavus.edu/arboretum)
- Farmamerica (http://www.farmamerica.org/)
- Region 9 Renewable Energy Task Force (http://www.r9renewables.org/)
- Transition Mankato (https://www.facebook.com/TransitionMankatoMn)
- SSND Center for Earth Spirituality and Rural Ministry (http://www.ssnd.org/center-for-earth-spirituality)
|Contact||David Shilling — 507-933-6181|
|Posted||March 14, 2014; March 17, 2014; and March 18, 2014|