Intramural Hockey Rules
2. Games will consist of two 20 minute periods.
3. There will be No Checking.
4. Games will start at their scheduled time, not when the players are ready. Work study students will start the clock according to the schedule, not when everyone finishes getting ready. Do Not Be Late!
5. Shots on goal must be on the ice. No lifting the puck for passes or shots.
6. Standard hockey rules all apply.
7.Each team must have at least 5 players at the start of the game.
8. Teams will referee their own games.
9. If a team forfeits twice they will not be eligible for the post-season tournament. Ice time for make-up games is not available, so don't miss a game.
10. Fighting will NOT be tolerated. Any player involved in a fight will be ejected from that game and not allowed to play in the next game. Serious problems brought to the attention of the IM Director will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
11. The ranking for the post-season tournament will go as follows:
1. win-loss record
If still tied then
2. team with least forfeits
3. head to head competitions between teams that are tied
4. record against teams that are above you
5. record against # 1 team
6. coin toss