Indoor Volleyball Rules
2. Substitutions may be made between games or a team may elect to rotate players in at the serving position prior to the serve. In coed a man must replace a man and a woman a woman.
3. Serving rotation will alternate male-female in coed.
4. Before each serve, server must yell out the score. Server should say their score first, then opposing teams score.
5. Three hits are permitted per side. In coed, if all three hits are taken at least one must be taken by each gender.
6. A game consists of 15 points and a team must win by 2. A team must win 2 out of 3 games to win match.
7. A player who carries, holds, double hits, etc. should call out the violation. Point or side out is awarded. Only the team that serves can score a point.
8. A ball that falls on a boundary line is good.
9. No player may touch the net or reach over to block a ball. The ball must be midway over the net provided he or she does not touch the net.
10. If a team does not appear within 10 minutes of the scheduled time, they will forefit.
11. All protests will be handled on the field by the team captains and the IM sport manager on site.
12. Teams will referee their own games.
13. Standard volleyball rules will be in effect where applicable.
14; If a team forfeits twice they will not be eligible for the post-season tournament. The ranking for the post-season tournament will go as follows:
1. win-loss record
If still tied then
2. team with least forfeits
3. head to head competitions between teams that are tied
4. record against teams that are above you
5. record against # 1 team
6. coin toss