Gustavus & the Swedish Royal Family
Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia of Sweden
The Royal Family has visited Gustavus Adolphus College many times in the past:
- June 1950 - Countess Estelle Bernadotte and son Count Bertil visited for the dedication of the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library.
- May 1958 - Prince Bertil visited as a part of Minnesota's Centennial.
- May 1962 - Countess Estelle Bernadotte visited on behalf of the Bernadotte Institute.
- Sept. 1964 - Countess Estelle Bernadotte and son Count Folke visited.
- Oct. 1972 - Princess Christina visited for the dedication of the new Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library.
- April 1976 - King Carl XVI Gustaf visited Gustavus during the U.S. Bicentennial where Evelyn Young and staff served a banquet in Lund Arena.
- Nov. 1979 - Prince Bertil and Princess Lilian visited and placed a wreath by the commemorative plaque for the Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library before celebrating the 50th anniversary of the American Swedish Institute.
- Nov. 1982 - Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visited and unveiled the sculpture titled Sun Glitter created by Carl Milles.
- Sept. 1996 - Their Majesties King Carl XVI Gustaf and Queen Silvia visited for the rededication of Nobel Hall.