Open Access Pledge
Folke Bernadotte Memorial Library
The Gustavus library faculty believes that open access to scholarship is critical for scholarly communication and for the future of libraries. For that reason we pledge to make our own research freely available whenever possible by seeking publishers that have either adopted open access policies, publish contents online without restriction, and/or allow authors to self-archive their publications on the web. We pledge to link to and/or self-archive our publications to make them freely accessible.
Librarians may submit their work to a publication that does not follow open access principles and will not allow self archiving only if it is clearly the best or only option for publication; however, librarians will actively seek out publishers that allow them to make their research available freely online and, when necessary, will negotiate with publishers to improve publication agreements.
- Oregon State University Libraries, Library Faculty Open Access Policy
- University of Oregon Library Faculty Resolution
- Academic Council of Libraries and Cultural Resources, University of Calgary
- Harvard Faculty of Arts and Sciences Open Access motion
- Department of Romance Languages, University of Oregon
- University of Southhampton (UK) Open Access Mandate
More via ROARMAP