Gustavus Day at the Capitol
On Tuesday, March 18, students and financial aid supporters from Gustavus Adolphus College will have the opportunity gather at the state Capitol to thank legislators for the impact they have had on students, as a part of Gustavus's Day at the Capitol.
The Minnesota State Grant program supports more than 30% of Gustavus students. Many students receive state grants and all Gustavus students benefit from the Minnesota State Grant Program because State Grant money frees up financial aid to be used for other students.
Day at the Capitol allows students to learn how to become effective advocates while urging state legislators to support Minnesota students. Participants will speak with key lawmakers, hear from Gustavus alumni who work in the legislature, tour the Capitol, and enjoy dinner out together.
A day packed with legislative advocacy, sightseeing, and a networking event. New to the Day at the Capitol this year is a networking event which will take place from 4 to 6 p.m. at the Lilydale Pool and Yacht Club. This event with give students attending Day at the Capitol an opportunity to network with Gustavus alumni who are working in careers affiliated with the Capitol and state government.
Tuesday, March 18 Schedule
- 8:00 a.m. Board Bus at Three Flags
- 9:30 a.m. Arrive at State Office Building
- 10:00 a.m. Check In and Training
- 10:30 a.m. Meetings with Legislators and Lunch
- 1:00 p.m. MPCC Wrap-up
- 2:00 p.m. Tour of the Capitol/Free Time/Sit in on Senate Committee Meetings
- 4:00 p.m. Networking event with alums in government/public service careers at the Lilydale Pool and Yacht Club, including table talks, heavy h'ordeuvres
- 7:00 p.m. Arrive at Gustavus